Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the botters for life

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I can't speak for others, but the leaderboards is one of the things I most enjoy about AL. I work really hard and play many hours, and over the years I've earned 6 leaderboard banners, 4 for "Top Player", 1 for CTF Flags, and 1 for TDM Kills. I have never cheated even for one kill, and I'm proud of those banners.

If people are cheating, then STS should ban them. Yes, there will always be ways for someone to game the system. But if there is a penalty to pay if you are caught, then people may think twice before doing it. The big problem here is that at no time has STS openly said that farming kills is an offense you will get banned for.

Every time I log on, there is a little notice warning me not to give anyone my email or password. If there was a notice under that one that those cheating, botting or farming kills will be banned, then that would go a long way to reducing the number of cheaters.
    Agreed!

I enjoy the leader boards in AL also and have put in my due diligence to get there since Season 1. It would be a shame to completely wipe or remove the leader boards as many long time players who have worked hard to earn banners would most likely view that as a betrayal by sts of many years of effort put into the game ... it would be just as much of a betrayal of all that hard work as leaving the cheaters on the LB.

The LB unfortunately promotes cheating, but it also promotes fun and rewarding competition between players, and to remove one of the main goals of the game would take away the motivation of many players who strive to earn (and maintain) their positions, therefore removing the motivation to actually continue playing the game!

Why not remove the Super Bowl from football or the World Cup from soccer...hell, let's go ahead and ask All the competitive sports and gaming industries to remove their ultimate titles and prizes! There are cheaters everywhere in life but when they are accused or get caught then there are harsh consequences. Football players take steroids, poker players count cards, video gamers bot... if there are harsh penalties for those who cheat maybe it would deter the rate of recidivism amongst all who play any game competitively.

Strange how most who agree to remove the LB are not even on the LB, or even seem to care to be on the LB...
    Last edited by leoakre; 08-04-2016 at 05:35 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post: