It's supposed a rogue has to win in vs almost every single duel against a mage? Cause, honestly, i cannot see an issue in 1 vs 1 environment.
Pls Zeus, pick up ur rogue and duel a mage, i'm curious to see how many matches you'll win and how many you'll lose. Seems kinda fair to me to see you duel a mage as a rogue 'cause ur considered one of the best rogue in pvp environments so i don't see why you choose to spend your gold on ur mage to prove what you could had proven just with ur rogue.
As i already stated, there's an issue with rogues survavibility in clashes but this has nothing to do with mages being op imho.. is the team composition and the multiple heals from tanks and mages together, the nekros sincronicity and the glinstone set of tanks with multiple pulls.
I'd like to add another lil thing: respect for those rogues who've adapted to the current tanks and mages stacking using the speed set in a very efficient way.. and there are many out there which simply rocks and snype the opposite dps like devils.