Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! I was going to moan about a few things but its figured out now. One irk is, as a mage who dies ALOT, i spent plat by accident instead of tapping accept revive and i tap alot without thinking (Sorry if i sound cheap ). Other than that update is okaaay just need to get my bearings again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I think it's good for PVP just not for PVE. If only they could make it for PVP only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GCD sucks, but I can see maybe getting used to it, but if it is to stay please:
    1: decrease mob damage
    2: increase XP dramatically
    3: increase drop rates 1% now?? should be a 3-4% if its to take this long.
    4: increase elixir lengths

P.S: I just cant see myself farming solo for gold anymore. takes to long even at 56.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Okay, so after being forced to update (yeah that's right I played on the 1.7 server until it was shut down), and reading all of the hate the new patch was getting I have to say that I was prepared for the worst only to be pleasantly surprised. Now for my breakdown of the current update (subject to change).

1) Global cool down (GDC), sure this will take some getting used to, sure it will increase the time it takes to complete each run (almost exponentially it seems), sure it will force players to work together, sure it will cause you to plan out how you use your abilities... but are all of those bad things? I'm not going to say that I'm completely for this change, but I'm willing to give it a shot. The previous button mashing play of old may have finally come to an end; think of when you went to the arcade to play Street Fighter (or any variation of) only to get beat by some kid half your size who was just mashing those buttons relentlessly, never happened to you... NEVER... okay so it's just me then. I personally look forward to the challenge and conquering it.

Pros: Adds a level (or two) of skill, may decrease server lag
    Cons: The age of the PUG may come to an end, player booting will increase to an all-time high, no more quick play (I suspect this is why they removed the option from the main log-in)

2)New character creation, the variety of faces I have seen are awesome and too bad that only new players get to actually reap the benefits of armor colors and 5g faces, though this is one of those things... if you want the newest toys first you have to be willing to pay. This addition is something I think everyone will agree will add some welcome variation to the PL world.

Pros: New look (for a price)
    Cons: New players are getting something for seemingly, nothing

3)New emote packs, SERIOUSLY, I mean farts/vomit... I know they have their place in humor, but this is permanent. I’m very fortunate that I don’t actually play the game with sound (took forever to figure out why I was the only one who didn’t understand how to beat Gurg) this will just get boring... fast, like the amount of time it took me to type this out, yep that was it, I’m over it!

Pros: (Digs deep) yeah I got nothing
    Cons: Annoyance factor x10

4)Visual overhaul, good job team! Some of the looks make this game just feel a bit more fluid. I love the moonwalking, Michael may have passed on, but his spirit still lives in PL! Well there is always a downside isn’t there?! Enter world or log out, that is the question. What happened to quick play or actually choosing which world I want to enter? This will probably get changed, but for now it’s an issue. What about the join button (yeah I know they’re working on it), but in the meantime I cannot join my friends even in towne. I read the suggestion of join them through the join game screen, but what about those pesky little side quests in the BS side maps? We’re pretty much going to have to plan a trip with some friends or a solo marathon for those daily quests until this is fixed.

Pros: Everyone loves eye candy
    Cons: Missing options/buttons from the log-on screen, can’t join friends

5)New BS equipment set bonuses, I’m guessing that this is strictly for the crafted sets (correct me if I’m wrong). This is a good change; however I still don’t see the point of trading stats (DMG for H/s, M/s for H/s, you know the rest). The set bonus doesn’t really nullify this.

Pros: Everyone loves a good set bonus
    Cons: Still have to sacrifice something to get something else with a bonus if you do it enough times

Well those are the points that I’m going to touch on. What I wonder is if this update is really what the community asked for?! Crafting issues, visual changes to the numerous BS sets that look exactly the same, craftable rings/vanity, drop rate increases... these are just a few items that I see a new thread about almost daily, but none of them were touched. Instead, we get something that the community was split down the middle about from the very beginning. I’m sure that the devs will work on these little issues and many more, but it all comes down to this update created a problem that maybe even they can’t fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tifarah View Post
    The GCD sucks, but I can see maybe getting used to it, but if it is to stay please:
    1: decrease mob damage
    2: increase XP dramatically
    3: increase drop rates 1% now?? should be a 3-4% if its to take this long.
    4: increase elixir lengths

P.S: I just cant see myself farming solo for gold anymore. takes to long even at 56.
    Yep these are about the same points I have. Maybe decrease GCD or remove it and just disable multitap.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what i don't like about GCD is that it makes everything slow and more boring. it's not really fun guessing when your party does this skill to do a combo and stuff like that.

and people who didn't update yet their app can still play the old version right?
    so for us who updated it we would be crawling our way to the top. where as the ones who didn't update it and got aware of the situation won't update theirs and continue farming until they are set (lvl 55-56 and have all the stuff they need). think it's fair?

and for bears with the burden of GCD. rage isn't even as effective cos even tho it runs in the same time span we can't spam as much skills as before. and so goes with our ironblood. it runs like 12 seconds on max skill level. how many monsters can you knock down with that before your ironblood runs out and monster gang bang you to death? same goes to pvp, seriously what can rage do to a mage who has mana shield without spamming skills? so it's an advantage for mages and with the GCD they don't even need that much mana. i'm level 35 i tried going 1 on 1 with a level 35 elf before. she used mana shield on me i even find it a hard time to kill them without GCD.

solutions:
    devs if you wanna balance out pvp try to just nerf some crazy skills of one class.

like if mages are owning then take a bit something from them like kiting.
    same goes to bears, take beckon out on pvp. to birds i don't know what's owning about them but same goes for them. this is a solution usually used on a lot of mmorpg games, they don't change right away the basic gameplay of a game. like DOTA every other version if one hero is so strong then they lessen something from their skill. what you guys did i can compare to the college i was in to before. the first semester we were doing fine and then at the second semester they changed the whole curriculum o_O.

just suggestions and i hope this help you guys in anyway.

oh and please put quickplay back. that helps a lot. we can look at existing games and levels that we think we can level up fast on. that also helps on going to pvp at choosing pvp matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This brings up an interesting topic. I had posted a thread awhile back about "things I would like to see". I mentioned about requiring more skill bigger/more creative monsters instead of hundreds of tiny peons. The answers I received were along the lines of "casual game" and "mobile, non time consuming". Pretty sure this update just made it "time consuming" and everything else people replied and stated. Sorry trying to be funny at a very serious time. Hope this makes some sense to someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Hey guys, we're listening. We're going to let the dust settle.

-ALS
    Thank you for letting us know your listening. It actually means more then you know, sometimes there's an impression that our voices are not heard or worse that we will be banned for our comments if they aren't positive. Please keep us up to date and possibly let us know what you think of our suggestions.

Thanks,

Kraz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its like to play piano, a guitar or tipping on a keyboard.
    You know where your skillbuttons are to push.
    The global timer force you to check if ready.

WITH TIMER ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO YOUR ROTATION OR FLEXIBLE REACTE FAST!!!

NO ROTATION, COME ON!!!!
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

omg this is sooo sweet'

Aldoric - I like bananas -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

So far, on about 15 Sewers/AO3/Plasma Pyramid runs, I think all I can say is that GCD seems (for PVE) just a bit too long....initial impression, maybe think about bringing it down to 0.3, 0.35. Still would require strategy, but might speed up the slog a little.

Not a fan of the login screen...looks nice, but the loss of functionality...meh.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PLEASE remove the cool down, it has completely changed game play for the worse, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post

Not a fan of the login screen...looks nice, but the loss of functionality...meh.
    indeeeeed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I really don't mind the gcd on attacks, but on buffs and heals its just ridiculous. If you do keep the gcd, at least remove it from buffs and heals. I really hope they work this out, my favorite game just went to a game I don't care for in one update . Asommers, thank you for commenting and letting us know that u guys are listening! This game has amazing devs, now make the game fun again please . Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes but with all the upcoming players how is pocket legends going to be able to keep everyone's ping low and prevent people from not joining because the game lags too much?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally find alot of the parts of the update to be awesome like the new faces and oasis pool, however gcd in pve is really awkward on my playing. If it was moved down to say .25 secs I wouldnt mind it one bit. Faces are sooooooooo awesome. I'm rocking the koalla and loving it. Overall 8/10 on the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    the lottery system looks like a gamble... punny funny!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I have been reading a few of these comments...it seems to me mostly negative. I for one love this game and in the few short 2 months I've played, I have spent around $250 on plat and with a CS sale of one item for 725k in gold it balances in my book of fun stuff to do.

So I have a suggestion to make: if you make a negative comment (keep it short) you must also give a positive comment (same shortness).

Positive first always: The landscape now looks tremendously better.
    Negative: The GCD is a bit tedious...however I have to hold my final judgement on this.

P: Character creation is great now...on my fourth just to farm Meathead's Deli.
    N: Obviously the Join button...which I saw is disabled for repair.

Change is an ever evolving thing that we humans are good at. So my challenge to those mostly negatives is to ADAPT or become EXTINCT!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a mage I no longer use a lot of the other spells with this update because of the gcd. I think it would be helpful if you make the non attack spells stronger yet limit their respawn. Also i think that you should buff mages defence more now that you can heal as quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well this is my first post because this is the first time I felt the need to say anything at all because I have always been satisfied with PL. I would just like to say that this new update COMPLETELY ruined this game for me. It is no longer fun and quick paced. It takes too long to self buff my character to even try to use my attacks. It might make it better if they used some sort of queue instead of having to wait for the cool down to tap another action, so that your next move will go automatically after each cool down...so until they make it better I feel like its time for me to retire...SAD FACE

ALSO: I think that the GCD doesnt need to be applied to buffs and heals..only attacks..makes the buffs pointless
    Last edited by Stephnee; 04-12-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephnee View Post
    Well this is my first post because this is the first time I felt the need to say anything at all because I have always been satisfied with PL. I would just like to say that this new update COMPLETELY ruined this game for me. It is no longer fun and quick paced. It takes too long to self buff my character to even try to use my attacks. It might make it better if they used some sort of queue instead of having to wait for the cool down to tap another action, so that your next move will go automatically after each cool down...so until they make it better I feel like its time for me to retire...SAD FACE
    We have another Stephanie O_o