Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Take away GCD!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    We talked in town after I posted that
    still ive said enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suomaf View Post
    In the interests of giving "constructive" feedback, would it be possible to do a poll on this forum, or facebook. Simple questions, keep or repeal GCD, or what we like about the new update, what we hate about the new update. I think this will give "constructive" feedback without getting too personal. The "I hate this, going to quit!" type of feedback that is not really helpful. Although I do get where they are coming from.
    i shall create one, that is with the devs permission. do i have permission devs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

if i do get permission, can it be a sticky? i looove stickys it would be awesome to have my own

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

GCD really screwed up the game play. All the time and effort that went in to practicing and honing skills have gone out the window. Playing with a team is like watching everyone mimic the king's speech, everyone's stuttering. If servers can't keep up, servers should be upgraded. Downgrading the game is not the answer.

Farts are annoying as heck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,
    With the GCD the game has that level 53-54 feel to it again. Sewer runs take longer, require more cooperation, and can be deadlier. At this moment it feels like a step back, and it is not a happy feeling for me, or those that I have grouped with lately. Do not like the fact that I focus so much of my attention now on on my skill buttons, and so little on the ever-changing battles at hand. The days of the always successful three minute roach runs are gone for now. I for one would like to see them return.

*lost some shading with the new skill buttons. Please make them more vivid.
    *what about an option to have certain self buffs always refresh automatically.
    *emote filter, somewhat like a chat filter.
    *join friends needs to be adressed.
    *where are the set bonuses?(str gear as examples)
    A-fury axe w/fury cap,armor,shield
    B-fortified axe,mace, and battle sword bonuses
    C-sewer gem set bonus
    D-set bonuses that includes the helm of persistance.
    E-crossover set bonuses(sewer hammer, fury helm, and fury armor for example)
    *Additional sewer gem items(shield, axe, battle sword, and sword)
    *crafting of sewer gem items
    *a 6th sewer zone with all 5 bosses(56 quest?)
    *GCD delete option(requirements are level 56, and10 platinum)

Gonna see how this all works out. I wil keep playing. My circle of friends will get a bit tighter. I will also have to be a bit less reckless. I can still have fun doing slow methodical farming runs.
    Cheers
    Bagwaan(56 bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i was usually buffing myself just a bit before i begun to shot some mobs.
    when i do it now at same moment i come in trouble lol! when iam finally buffed iam half dead..
    especially mages will have to decide what they gonna use, or heal or attack.. blessing again or attack... and wich attack to use in a certain situation, u have to decide quick, next attack will be .5 later..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Soooo, I know I'm late but here is my first impression. I played around 20 sewer runs, 10 in AO2 and AO3. So it's really only a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    * Updated New Player Experience! Improved player flow from application launch to entering the world, especially for new players.
    * New Character Creation! You now see your character as they will appear in game while creating your character. You are now allowed to select from a variety of faces and armor colors when creating a new character.
    * New Tutorial! The improved tutorial will better teach new players the basics of how to play Pocket Legends.
    Really much better now, I like it.

* Added Emote Pack 3: Kiss, Back Flip, Clap, Point
    * Added Emote Pack 4: The FART PACK!
    Yay emotes, only that shaking screen thing really makes my eyes hurt.

* New Faces are now available for purchase at the Magic Mirror!
    More diversity is always better. And for you people whining you once spent 5 platinum for your face which is now free for starters: I payed 20 platinum for my panda. So shush, prices change.

* Oasis Towne has been completely revamped. Players can now walk into the Oasis pond and heal their health and mana! Daily quests have been added to receive additional Mystery Weapons, Armor, and Helmets.
    I like the new town better although i have sanitary issues with the pool.

* A Global ability cool down timer has been added. Firing an ability causes all abilities to be on cool down for half a second.
    Good, global cooldown encourages team play. Bad, global cooldown makes the game slow. I often join random games and have a thing for fast runs with lots of combos, so I'm not amused yet. It will take a while to get used to it. Btw does mobs have global cooldown too?

* Players can now purchase a revive for full health at the position of death for 1 Platinum.
    Tested it, works. Will try not to use it again unless I'm in a really really lazy mood.

* Added new Balefort Sewers equipment set bonuses!
    Well seems now I should craft my raid set for the new bonus. A little sad that there is no bonus with crown, so for me it stays more of a vanity item.

* Joining games hosted by friends through your friend list now require a password if one has been set. Previously, you could join your friends' password-protected games without giving a password.
    Not tested yet, but I always missed that. But what an irony: Now you can password protect your solo run in plasma pyramid, global cooldown makes soloing really hard.

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    when i do it now at same moment i come in trouble lol! when iam finally buffed iam half dead..
    especially mages will have to decide what they gonna use, or heal or attack.. blessing again or attack... and wich attack to use in a certain situation, u have to decide quick, next attack will be .5 later..
    I agree completely and have started a thread about this issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    That's what I actually liked about the gcd. It doesn't seem like mindless button mashing anymore and requires you to actually pay attention to what skill buttons to spam next. Still think it feels to 'choppy' though.

A nice little tweak is that the characters are now actually facing the direction they're targeting, making it easier to see who blows up that exploding barrel when you're running next to it

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    GCD really screwed up the game play. All the time and effort that went in to practicing and honing skills have gone out the window. Playing with a team is like watching everyone mimic the king's speech, everyone's stuttering. If servers can't keep up, servers should be upgraded. Downgrading the game is not the answer.

Farts are annoying as heck.
    +10 mothballs i so agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont even notice the GCD anymore.

love it love it love it. stop whining and go practice.

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    That's what I actually liked about the gcd. It doesn't seem like mindless button mashing anymore and requires you to actually pay attention to what skill buttons to spam next. Still think it feels to 'choppy' though.

A nice little tweak is that the characters are now actually facing the direction they're targeting, making it easier to see who blows up that exploding barrel when you're running next to it
    Yeah but now I am staring at my skill layout 90% of the time....about as exciting as a text based game from my childhood.....almost as exciting as whack-a-mole...
    Last edited by Plasticuproject; 04-13-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by choco View Post

or we could provide feedback to make it better.
    Last edited by Maynard; 04-13-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by choco View Post

Exactly ! You just did a combo ! =P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ya i know, i got it, i will go play my lv5 and 10 more, they are the ones least effected.

Kopiooo-56 Elf, Kopipok-56 Bear, Kopitiam-56 Bird, Kopikosong-50 Elf, Kopisee-20 Elf, Kopioo-15 Elf, Kopilao-10 Elf, Kopisiao-5 Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    Yeah but now I am staring at my skill layout 90% of the time....about as exciting as a text based game from my childhood.....almost as exciting as whack-a-mole...
    I've read one characterization of the update was to "stop/eliminate mashing"... so it's incredibly ironic that my buddies and I found ourselves mashing more as to not waste a fraction of a second between skill use. I've never hit the screen on my iPad more times during a run than tonight.

The overall outcome? The same guys I hang out with daily (four 56's and a 55) -- we didn't have fun tonight. Normally, we would normally be playing, talking, laughing -- that didn't happen -- instead we just hung out on skype for a bit, talked about some of the comments on the forum, then we all logged out. I'm afraid tomorrow will likely bring the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devs... I am disappointed. Since December, when I discovered the game, I have had a hard time putting my phone down. Since this last update, :.\ I'm having a hard time picking it up. The gcd, should be shortened. If not eliminated all together. The $ I've spent on plat, seems like a waste now. I've seen quotes about how w.o.w. has gcd, well this isn't wow. This is pocket legends. When u play on the dungeons, everyone has a role.... mages heal, buff an rebuff to keep their team alive to help beat the bosses. I've heard people were complaining about how mages can spam spells when in pvp, well... there never has been an option to pot reds or purp on pvp, can't you leave the gcd for pvp? Should be able to... you guys are geniuses. The rest of the updates... well. I think they're great, but the gcd is probably enough for me to stop playing the game, and for me to not spend any more money, and I'm pretty sure I know of at least three people besides me who will stop. My little group of people who play, all sent me messages, did u get the update? It sucks. I won't be spending any more money on plat.... not till this gets fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Jira View Post
    I've read one characterization of the update was to "stop/eliminate mashing"... so it's incredibly ironic that my buddies and I found ourselves mashing more as to not waste a fraction of a second between skill use. I've never hit the screen on my iPad more times during a run than tonight.

The overall outcome? The same guys I hang out with daily (four 56's and a 55) -- we didn't have fun tonight. Normally, we would normally be playing, talking, laughing -- that didn't happen -- instead we just hung out on skype for a bit, talked about some of the comments on the forum, then we all logged out. I'm afraid tomorrow will likely bring the same.
    Same here. Those who randomly smashed buttons before were ineffectual. It took timing and experience to get the desired results. Not so much now. Mechanical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Thade yesterday said in AO town that the GCD may got removed when all complain to much... so thers a hope..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....