Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Yeah read it hehe didn't mean to sound mean or anything I never do really. I am tired of making English my excuse but I do have to rethink every word I write and sometimes change a whole sentence because I have no clue how to continue it. Spanish is my first language but my English is not that bad; still its a barrier I have to overcome.
    Hey! I started it! It sounded a lot nastier than I intended when I went back and read it. And your English is terrific, not to mention speaking Spanish. My choices are English, bad English and a small amount of French.

New problem: I did two Wyldwood quests with my 22 Mage this morning--spiking skulls and Ring of Fire. I did not get the quest rewards for either one. Not a big deal--I already had the wand and I have a better staff than the one given, but a problem for lower-level players who may need the equipment.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Great suggestion! This would accomplish so much, it would also encompass Pumpkins idea of splitting the mage class into either a dmg or heal type. Each mage would have the option of focusing on whatever they wanted.; it could revolutionize how people decide their builds. I don't know how everyone has their skills mapped or anything, but I know that most classes max pretty much the same skills while ignoring those deemed useless. I have a bird and when I first started I took restore and meditation to the max; I figured I could save some gold on pots (boy are those skills useless now). I can't remember the last time I saw a bird use either of those skills. I also notice the issue of not being able to use my mana fast enough to even make a dent it in (like the bandit Queens' health w/o dmg pots). Increasing the skill cap would cost more mana per skill and I would actually feel like there is a point to the mana regen stat.
    Except there's no way to tell what skills a player has. So you'll start having parties with no revivers/healers. Or you'll have to ask before people join to see what skills they have. And then you'll have people yelling "rev" or "heal" at dps mages who don't even have those skills.
    They would need to actually break the class into two in order to lessen the confusion.

But personally, this is the only game I've ever played where Mage ended up being my favorite class to play. And it's because I didn't have to choose between healing and nuking. I would never EVER choose to be a cleric/priest/healing class in any game. I like to be able to attack. But usually mages in most games are too flimsy to survive, so they die all the time. The only reason I like playing Mage in PL is bc they can dish it out AND take it. If I have to choose between one or the other, I'd likely go back to playing my bird or bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

GCD is going to stay because it makes sense. Everyone has basically been playing with a hacked character or a character with a cheat code to be able to fire all you skills at once. There is no game that allows you to do this. The problem is that we've all been playing this way and have gotten used to having l337 characters that can solo maps and mages that can run into a group of 10 mobs and nuke everything and not even worry about dying. We've all been playing with a cheat basically. Now that GCD is implemented, everyone's mad because their characters aren't super l337 anymore.

GCD is a step in the right direction. They just have to perfect it now. I'm not saying it's great as it is because it's not. It needs to be lowered a bit. Technically it may be 0.5s but in practice it's more than 0.5s. I think if the cooldown was sped up some more it would help quite a bit. It should not be removed completely however because that's a step backwards to remedial PvP mechanics.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pvp is about speed and teqnique, now all it seems is who can do the most dmg and not die. i dont mind gcd in pve which is wierd, but keep it out of pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Dislike GCD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    If GCD was to stay in its current format, what other changes would you like to see to the game to make it work.....?
    Thinking some more about this.... I'm now gutted I've been taking the scenic route to 56. It's gonna take me ages now on all three classes. How about they also consider rebalancing XP to allow some of us non-56 players to catch up at the same speed we would have pre 1.7.1?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Except there's no way to tell what skills a player has. So you'll start having parties with no revivers/healers. Or you'll have to ask before people join to see what skills they have. And then you'll have people yelling "rev" or "heal" at dps mages who don't even have those skills.
    They would need to actually break the class into two in order to lessen the confusion.

But personally, this is the only game I've ever played where Mage ended up being my favorite class to play. And it's because I didn't have to choose between healing and nuking. I would never EVER choose to be a cleric/priest/healing class in any game. I like to be able to attack. But usually mages in most games are too flimsy to survive, so they die all the time. The only reason I like playing Mage in PL is bc they can dish it out AND take it. If I have to choose between one or the other, I'd likely go back to playing my bird or bear.
    Another valid point, so perhaps a split is in order. I understand that the mage is quite versatile, but it is very much against the norm of any RPG (mmo or otherwise) that I know of. Sure this would turn people off, but it is happening now (mages aren't healing or reviving), and with good reason. Only downfall would be who actually picks the healer (I mean come on they suck).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    GCD is going to stay because it makes sense. Everyone has basically been playing with a hacked character or a character with a cheat code to be able to fire all you skills at once. There is no game that allows you to do this. The problem is that we've all been playing this way and have gotten used to having l337 characters that can solo maps and mages that can run into a group of 10 mobs and nuke everything and not even worry about dying. We've all been playing with a cheat basically. Now that GCD is implemented, everyone's mad because their characters aren't super l337 anymore.

GCD is a step in the right direction. They just have to perfect it now. I'm not saying it's great as it is because it's not. It needs to be lowered a bit. Technically it may be 0.5s but in practice it's more than 0.5s. I think if the cooldown was sped up some more it would help quite a bit. It should not be removed completely however because that's a step backwards to remedial PvP mechanics.
    No, we've been playing the game as it was presented and enjoying it. I don't have any interest in what other games are doing. That's why I play this one. Just my humble opinion. No offense meant to anyone in what I have posted on this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There are many good points made on this thread about gcd. The point which should really jump out to the devs is: pocket legends PVE just isn't as fun because of gcd. The other stuff may be annoying, but not player gaming experience changing. I like the new graphics, but can you guys turn the lights back on in a03 please?

55 pure mage 52 tank bear. 47 pure bird. 33 dex mage
    Last edited by shanmarie33; 04-13-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    GCD is going to stay because it makes sense. Everyone has basically been playing with a hacked character or a character with a cheat code to be able to fire all you skills at once. There is no game that allows you to do this. The problem is that we've all been playing this way and have gotten used to having l337 characters that can solo maps and mages that can run into a group of 10 mobs and nuke everything and not even worry about dying.
    oh really... no other mmo requires control layout to be on-screen. keeping an eye on the spell area is very distracting. its different on consoles for the fact that controls are off screen and is a secondary thought process.

plus this takes extra CPU cycles and causes more lag and unresponsive commands.

this game went from "fun" to "tolerable" overnight.

oh and I don't take too kindly a paid-revive advertisement in the same update that makes you die twice as often.

sincerely,
    ster~
    my first post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ahh I love the good ol' exploit argument.
    First, rushers were exploiting.
    Now EVERYONE playing the game was exploiting.

Next we'll be told that the only people NOT exploiting are the Elite Immortals because they restart after dying.

People play a game because the enjoy it. Sure, it may change, but don't blame people who had been playing the game the way it was introduced to them, for not jumping on board when their game is changed drastically from what they fell in love with.

And to those saying people acclimate and get used to changes. No, I still can't find even a fraction of the enjoyment I got from the game back when ao3 was first introduced. And I know many people who feel the same and have also lost interest. So people have every right to be concerned when they see the game changing so drastically.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

* Updated New Player Experience! Improved player flow from application launch to entering the world, especially for new players.
    * New Character Creation! You now see your character as they will appear in game while creating your character. You are now allowed to select from a variety of faces and armor colors when creating a new character.
    * New Tutorial! The improved tutorial will better teach new players the basics of how to play Pocket Legends.

I tried this out and it was fun. I like the carousel and the randomize button. I made a random character and went into the new player experience. The walkthrough was very clear. But ... the old walkthrough did things like explain about going up a level and assigning points to stats. I didn't see that. When I went to 2nd level all I saw was an arrow pointing at the new skill and an instruction to tap the skill to use it. Meanwhile, again yesterday in Forest Haven I met a player who thought you are supposed to apply the points to the stats evenly. In the old walkthrough you could get an item and if you knew right away that you had to [bold]apply the points to your stats enough to equip the item you want to use[/bold]. I did think a level 1 darkbolt blaster was cool, so I stashed it before deleting the character.

* Added Emote Pack 3: Kiss, Back Flip, Clap, Point
    * Added Emote Pack 4: The FART PACK!

I passed on pack 4, but I like pack 3. I will give myself a pat on the back about the kiss, knowing that I emailed that idea back in February but it didn't get implemented for Valentine's Day. I'm glad it made it in.

* New Faces are now available for purchase at the Magic Mirror!

I like the new faces. I bought a red elf. Nice work.

* Oasis Towne has been completely revamped. Players can now walk into the Oasis pond and heal their health and mana! Daily quests have been added to receive additional Mystery Weapons, Armor, and Helmets.

The watering hole at the Oasis is nice. I am glad for additional quests, but haven't tried them, yet. But on that topic, I have been testing the quests system and found a big hole right there in Oasis towne. I finished my Swamps quests by level 32 and went on to do my AO1 quests early. They were done by the time I was level 33. All that remained were quests in AO2 and beyond, yet Snakespear (no final e) is still only level 34. So AO1 has a lack of quests. I'll go back in over the next few days to see if there are more for me to do, but otherwise, I have to level up ten levels or so before I can quest again.

* Account Verification has been removed. You can now Purchase Platinum, access the Offer Wall, and Buy All Content without registering your account. Registering your account gives you the ability to log in on any supported device, and grants you access to Dark Forest for free.

I don't understand the fine points here, so I'll leave it without commenting.

* A Global ability cool down timer has been added. Firing an ability causes all abilities to be on cool down for half a second.

This works fine for me. I played my characters in the campaigns that I am currently enjoying and I found that it was, admittedly, a little irritating at first. But over time, I got used to it and started figuring out which skill was most important to use at any given time. My bird has had a mana shortage until now, but with this change that problem went away. I now use more health pots and fewer mana pots. As for the change in the pace, I actually like it.

* Character deletion now requires the characters name be entered rather than just typing "delete".

Tried it and I like this. It's a better idea than typing delete.

* Players can now purchase a revive for full health at the position of death for 1 Platinum.

I don't like this change. It doesn't bother me, though. But if I ever get left behind because a mage doesn't rev, expecting me to spend plat, then I will certain add that player to my iggy list. I like that mages had a monopoly on revving. It made people want to have members of all three classes in their group.

What about soloing, though? Will the boss get all his health back after he kills me? Or will I have a grace period in which I can rev myself while his health is still what it was when I died? If the latter, I will actually like this change.

* When turning in a quest to an NPC, if they have a new quest available it will be immediately offered.

Good idea.

* Added new Balefort Sewers equipment set bonuses!

I've been hoping and expecting this. Thanks.

* Vyxnaar Helmet of Hate has a new appearance

LOL! since noone has ever seen one, it's kind of a moot point.

* Joining games hosted by friends through your friend list now require a password if one has been set. Previously, you could join your friends' password-protected games without giving a password.

Well, since this is the change that happened with the Join button, I'm sure any feedback is belated. But for what it's worth, it's a good change. I never had to boot a friend, but I have had to stop farming and explain the relation of character level, map level, and drop level in order to not be rude and boot a friend.

* Empty lines no longer appear in the crafting display

Looks good.

Overall impression: an excellent update. I do feel some things got lost in the new character experience, but I love the new mechanism. Mainly, for noobs, I would like to see instructions on applying stats based on equipment, and a little bit of instruction near or around FH:IV Meathead telling them how to work together as a team. GCD takes some getting used to, but it is good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Morawk, I don't care about having a "1337" char, but there are times when I have to solo on level-appropriate maps for my lower-level chars because no friends are on or when I hit "go to" on a quest, I'm dumped in an empty room. I'd like to be able to do that without dying eleventy-billion times. I was always cautious before, pulling one or two enemies instead of rushing in. Now even that frequently results in death, so it becomes "Char Roulette"--enter world, hit quests, hit go to, nobody there, hit next quest, same deal, go to next char. If I run thru the list without finding a group to run a level with, well, I guess I can work or read, or clean the house. Or something other than playing the game.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sterist View Post
    oh really... no other mmo requires control layout to be on-screen. keeping an eye on the spell area is very distracting. its different on consoles for the fact that controls are off screen and is a secondary thought process.
    Err, this is a touch screen game on a mobile phone platform. The control layout on screen is a necessity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    If GCD did stay what would be the thing(s) you would change in game to rebalance it again.
    Seems like Int Mages(Healers) are affected by this GCD the most.

Heres my wish lists:
    1. Drop GCD time to <0.5 sec, and most importantly..
    2. Make Revive and Heal not affected by GCD.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

This would not really be heal/rev or damage/debuf issue. 1 point in rev and x points in heal would still be there. The decisions would be AOE vs Single Target damage and buffs vs debuffs.
    AOE vs Single Target:
    Taking points from frostbite and drain life and moving to Storms/ Lightning for more AOE, or moving points the other way for higher hitting single target skills.

Buffs vs Debuffs:
    For Solo, +1 damage buff = +1 armor debuff, and +1 armor buff = +1 damage debuff, so a Solo mage would focus on buffs, where a group mage would focus on debuffs, since the +1 armor debuff = +1 damage buff for entire group.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My last thread was accidentally deleted. Let me give you my honest opinion, about global cool down. In my opinion is the worst failure, since the game hit the market. The change is so radical that players like myself that have been playing the game since almost the beginning considerate it unfair. Because, I do try to gain XP yet, but is impossible. I'm being killed even in swamps, aliens, and skelleton dungeons. Cant even pass the front door with Galactic Dungeons. I do understand that is a multiplayer game. But in time to time I do love to play just on my own. And I do have to choose between armor (shield, healing, bluff) or Attack. And I'm adding deads to my characters profile, I was being so careful, but now I'm startting not care any more.

Who was the brain, behind these idea? Please let him know, that our lifestyle now is pure suffering, and boring... because I cant gain xp, so I don't care. What's the point? Everyone its uppset, and let me tell u one more thing.
    I love, these game, my thought till yesterday was, this is the best market game I could ever have spent money on, because I do know what money is it worth... but now I don't see the good investment. Sorry, its true. I have 3 character one of each race, and now I'm not playing with any... just chatting with friends.

Great job about the game it self... its really fantastic and unique, but you should probably care about you faithful players, and at least listen to them.

You will see a global discontent, about cool down, but we are afraid of speaking, talking or even mention it. Because the threat of being banned for life... is to real. I do understand... the special cases... but the word is out, and you should listen to it.

Keep up the good work, love new crafting and bone weapons... will be here to read the forum

Yours, almost to the end,

Beatifuly
    enchanting as always...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Morawk, I don't care about having a "1337" char, but there are times when I have to solo on level-appropriate maps for my lower-level chars because no friends are on or when I hit "go to" on a quest, I'm dumped in an empty room. I'd like to be able to do that without dying eleventy-billion times. I was always cautious before, pulling one or two enemies instead of rushing in. Now even that frequently results in death, so it becomes "Char Roulette"--enter world, hit quests, hit go to, nobody there, hit next quest, same deal, go to next char. If I run thru the list without finding a group to run a level with, well, I guess I can work or read, or clean the house. Or something other than playing the game.
    amen!

most maps there are no groups to even join. Most of us have real lives rather than spend waiting for hours around townes for a group to show up. It's a game on a mobile device. Meant to be "on the go". I'm done. Thanks pl for the fun, before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder when the next update will be....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

People play a game because the enjoy it. Sure, it may change, but don't blame people who had been playing the game the way it was introduced to them, for not jumping on board when their game is changed drastically from what they fell in love with.

And to those saying people acclimate and get used to changes. No, I still can't find even a fraction of the enjoyment I got from the game back when ao3 was first introduced. And I know many people who feel the same and have also lost interest. So people have every right to be concerned when they see the game changing so drastically.
    I never said people should just be content with the changes; I just want them to see it from a different perspective. Change is always hard and uncomfortable because we're creatures of habit and when we're used to something, it's hard to get us to change. But you have to understand that one of the greatest benefits of this game is that the Devs rock and they update release new content faster than any other game I've seen. Now if you guys just stop looking at the small picture (the now) and look at the big picture (the future), you'll see that this benefit of fast content release is also their downfall if things stay stagnant as they are and the game doesn't evolve.

They can just keep adding new maps and raising the level caps. With new maps come newer weapons that are more powerful. With more new powerful weapons they have to scale the bosses up to compensate. Make a few new graphics on weapons and bosses and voilą, new content. We finish all the quests, we hit the level cap, we obtain all the new stuff and then realize, there's nothing to do so we look to PvP and its broke. As overpowered as we are, with the gear scaling up with new content and no change in the game mechanics, PvP would be more broke than ever. The game HAS to evolve. That's the great thing about this game. The Devs are players too and they want to make the best game possible and to do that, they game has to evolve.