Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

MUCH snappier all other updates VERY GOOD dont have to enter town only thing to fix now is joining friends ahh its a pain!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks for the update and continue to appreciate your improvements to the game.

The GCD is still distracting and still a hindrance in the game. One of the reason a lot of us play is the fast paced, non-stop action of this game. IMO it's one of the reasons PL "was" the best Mobile MMO out there, until this GCD implementation. I believe the more experienced players out there didn't just button mash, but had developed a rotation of skills to maximize their character. If you want to stop the button mashing, there has to be a better way and I know you guys will come up with it. I recall Cinco posting something about the GCD being necessary for improved client performance. However, I have never seen a single thread with so many posts about that problem. Contrast that with the 1.7.1 thread with over 600 posts mostly about dissatisfaction with the GCD. What does that tell you?

Again, Devs, please remove it (at least for PVE) and look for another way. It's okay to take a deep breath and admit a mistake.

EDIT: While playing does anybody else feel like their right turn signal is on the whole time?
    Kraz
    Last edited by krazii; 04-13-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Justg seems to be faster now then it was before would still like the gcd to be little faster though having a issue with evade skill on bird right not I click it it darkens under figer but does go off after I tap it some times have to re tap it alot on iPhone To sum it up little faster gcd pls sewer king set bouns plz and issue with spell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have so much to say, how can you put a cool down on-top of another cool down on spells.... ahh I hate it, really frustrating. Think about it, I'm addicted to this game and have invested so much time into it. I have recommended to so many family and friends and we all are disgusted by GCD. I can't recommend it to anyone else anymore, how do you cool down on-top of another cool down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yay skill respec are free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

GCD does feel snappier.
    Thank you devs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

I can't play this game anymore, the GC is too much. I not saying I'll quit, but I surely won't bother to try leveling anymore.

As a bear, it takes WAAAAAAAAY too long to buff, I'm talking like 3 or 4 seconds in which time I'm already being attacked and close to death.
    I can't tank anymore since I relied on buffs and now it's pointless to even try and buff before entering a room. Beckon stomp combo is useless too.

I feel like I can't do my job anymore and I hate seeing how much all the birds and mages are dying, let alone how much IM dying....

Please devs get rid of GC, it's quite possibly the stupidest thing you guys have ever done to this game. If you need it stick it in pvp, not PVE

PS: I used 170 hp pots on a captive audience run and I still kept dying, and I was doing the run with TWO mages and a bird. This is crazy. I had over 350 pots an hour ago and now I have about 80 from that one captive audience run and a CTK run. That's right, a CTK RUN!!!! with two birds mind you, one lvl 51 and a lvl 55

Put simply, global cool down is ruining my and thousands of others pocket legends experience. The game isn't fun anymore

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Btw the rating of the game has already gone down one star in the app store since before the update. 99% of the bad ratings are from the update.

Please listen to us this time STS

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TY for the fixes..though im still not sure with the GDC is still in the game..no good has come from it..the only players that like it is people who dont have wifi or 3g with and cant play the game the way is suppose to be played. this 1/4 of a second delay is not gonna make a difference in speed. all is gonna cost is chaos cuz of players dying all the time cuz they can active their spells in time..think about thats 1/4 of a second for every spell....there are about 12 spells thats 4 seconds waisted on waiting for gdc, by that time your already dead or getting gang banged by 15 aliens. it happened to me plenty of times trust me..before i use to run them over. now i cant cuz i gotta wait 1/4 of a second for each spell. im sure u guys thought of this but just thought i would remind you why everyone is so upset about this gcd update..my number might be a little off but u understand what i mean i hope u consider this..thank you hope to hear from you soon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To all you hard workers at STS thank you for making these efforts to fix things. We understand this is not an easy task.

The following post is a reflection from my experience after playing with an open mind and truly giving it a chance.

Unfortunately i can only speak on my behalf, but i will also represent the voices of everyone i have spoken to. The greatest appeal for GCD was simply to control for multi-touching. In particular, the majority of us were given the impression that GCD will explicitly control for the ability to hit more than one skill (or all skills) together AT THE SAME TIME. In my opinion, and many others with whom I have spoken with, GCD implementation has taken a lot away from its fun, excitement, fast paced game play, definite unique qualities that made PL so special, and many, many, other things.

This update did not change much, and the mechanics are almost identical to how they were since the latest update. I assert that the game play prior to GCD of Pocket Legends is what truly made this game so special and so unique. It differentiated itself from all the other games out there. It used to be fast paced, intense, addictive, FUN, and most importantly Unique. It has affected PVE as well as PVP. It no longer requires skill to PVP. There is no longer a spectrum of difficulty. It is lacking a huge competitive edge, a motivation to keep the players excited and striving to improve to beat the best. When a level 48 or 50 mage with zero kills and zero deaths walk into an arena with level 55-56 pros and performs at the same level if not better than his pro-mage team mates, something is wrong. Learning curve is missing. Last night was the first time I slept since i stumbled across this awesome game.

My only suggestion would be to either to dramatically reduce the cool down (which seems like an eternity still) to AT MOST 0.075-0.1 seconds, or completely remove GCD and give PL its uniqueness back. This used to be the best program and I still have high, high hopes for it .

I couldn't thank you all enough for the amazing effort you invested in attempt to satisfy the community. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Devs,

Could you please include an option to make the quest message at the top of the screen removeable. It's something else that clutters the screen and I (and a host of others) would prefer to play without it.

Thanks for your consideration.

kraz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gcd is still horrible I used to b able to solo some boxes and it wasn't easy but doable I just died along with 3 other lv 50+ on king mynas lol hat to see what its like in shadow caves now really not worth spending another dime on and prob not even worth wasting another min of my time either. Very upsetting loved this game now its horrible srry just being honest .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes this is ludicrous. I'm changing my review to 1 star in both the app store and android market until they fix this issue. I have never seen a dev gimp their game and change their play mechanics like STS has done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok the new gcd is a lot better, it has a decent beat to it so rythym works better. Adding the world and friends icon is very nice. Im very pleased with the new look as a whole, pretty polished looking. The lighting aura around quest npc is sweet. The world map is much more logical on the arrangement, the selectable tic for the maps is a bit odd until you get situated with it though. Maybe make the tic locations more noticeable. The gcd is still a tad slow and my combos only work on occasion. Maybe tweak the gcd a bit further, you guys are definitely getting hot on the gcd timing though. Also, maybe tweak the amount of time you have to land a combo. i noticed i had to be dead nuts on my timing to land any combo. Also maybe make combos hit harder to make up for the loss in spamskill. I was on the verge of ragequit last night but it isnt lookin so bad now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read all the post above and all i have to say is devs hear what the players that so love this unique game want and i can say that 99% off the people dont want GC. Hope that u do the right thing and make ur customers happy. Get rid of GC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I for one dislike the GCD. It makes combat feel slow and leveling takes forever. Also, If you find yourself in a large mob you are in a very sticky situation. What I would like to propose is perhaps changing the GCD to apply only for PvP and allow PvE to remain how it once was. This way you can make your way through levels without an intense amount of difficulties. At the same time PvP skill spammers will be no more. An example of a game that uses a similar tactic is Guildwars. They have created a system in which spells are powerful in PvE and deal a good amount of damage in order to improve combat speed. However, once you enter a PvP area spells are modified to make the experience more pleasurable and last more than .7 seconds. I believe that this will make all players a bit more happy. On a different note thank you very much for the update.

-Shloppyshmo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Cinco answered your question in a thread regarding the need for GCD.
    Please provide link to explination...i really, really want to understand this. Maybe the reasons "why" got lost in the response...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    There's no point in requesting for it to be removed. They've already stated that it's here to stay. Start adapting to it while they're tweaking it and rebalancing the mechanics. You'll be back to owning people in no time.
    respectfully have to disagree...people are always free to change their minds. I am willing to give suggestions, but if it cant be fixed, why not leave the option open? Call me an eternal optimist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad you're trying to correct the gcd issue, thanks for the effort. In my opinion, gcd isn't going to be fixed by shortening cooldown time. Gcd kills the fluidity and fun of the game completely, imho. I love PL. ...so I hope gcd gets the boot and I can keep playing and spending money on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devs I know you are trying to save resources with this gcd update, but I have to say is bad, now everything is slow, is not fun, sorry to say this but now the game is very boring. I hope u can change it back, get rid of it, because as it is now is just plain BAD, I think I'll quit. Good luck to everyone.

Victor
    Last edited by Victorm; 04-13-2011 at 06:46 PM.