Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Here's the problem with the analogy that you just gave me. You're talking about work. I'm talking about a game. If it takes me twice as long to clear a map then so be it. I'm still playing a game. It's still for fun. The key thing: I'm not working twice as long. I'm playing twice as long. If you guys are losing sight of the fact that PL is a game and you're not playing it for fun then no amount of discussion is going to work for you.
    The key point is that people are saying its not fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yes (I.e. Shadow Caves). I run that just for the sheer fun of it. I waste a bunch of pots and elixirs doing so and I love it.
    Well that's you. You're in the minority here, because most people like to play on their phone in small bites. As DD maps got longer and harder and next-to-impossible to solo, I lost interest. I'm playing on my phone and don't like to be forced to stare at the screen non-stop for hours. If I choose to do so because I'm particularly engrossed in a game, then fine. But it shouldn't be because I'm going to lose progress, or whatever.

The first day the caves came out, I played through the whole thing bc we couldn't jump into any map -- had to start from the beginning and keep going to get through them all. I spent four hours in there and wanted to gouge my eyes out after. The only time I've been back in there since was one run to look for Vyx with Fluff & Co.

So maybe the GCD isn't as extreme as those caves were(/are?). But people have every right not to simply accept that a game they've been playing for months suddenly requires more of their time to achieve the same result.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-13-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its not fun........ Agreed take away GCD!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzn View Post
    You make good points Morawk and i understand it makes no difference to you. But the honest dialogue is that a run from 5 mins to 10 mins is huge to me with kids, job, etc, etc..
    i agree. This is a mmo on a phone, hence 5 minute runs are a good thing. It will be interesting to see what this does to the ratings. iOS ratings were around 3.5 and android ratings were around 4.5. Maybe devs will change it back if ratings plummet to 2 across the board. I have done my part

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gcd and new game

Well im not into software so the only solution I could suggest is change the game back. I can deal with not playing pocket legends anymore if the game dosent suit the type of entertainment I like. However my issue is that as a consumer ive spent over $200.00 on plat that I now feel was wasted. Ive tried over and over to play after gcd and its just not for me. Ive spent many hours over the past four months of so enjoying pl and was thrilled to find such a great little game to play. I know there are very good reasons for the change made to the game, and thats fine. Had this version been the one I started on I wouldent have continued to play and have more money in the bank. I wish spacetime the best reguards and hope that a change is made to where I can enjoy pl again. I will log in from time to time to see whats going on. Vachdaddy lvl 56 bird/Horicepinker lvl 55 mage/Sparkyluvbone lvl 55 bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree ive spent $200.00 plus and feel the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnian View Post
    I've followed the thread here, given it a chance and think I can live with gcd, but there's absolutely no reason to deride others opinions or efforts to express them here. If you want to voice your opinion, that's fine, but these other guys and gals have the same right without having to defend every thing.

Simply put, if you've got good suggestions for others to change their gameplay, think about how you word it a bit more, man. I've been here only a day and most of your posts seem like attacks, dude. You do have good suggestions, I've read a few and actually tried some!

Let's get back to the constructive part and ease up on the criticism.

Newbi-ly yours
    Dartagnian
    Well if it appears that I'm attacking people I apologize. I didn't realize I was coming off that way. I actually enjoy discussing things with Lesrider.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just tried it

no change imo of the update

I tend to "mash buttons" more than I did while perfectly performing combos in the past. Cause I dont know what will be available to me next. They ALL go dark?

as cool down timer comes back, Im having to take my eye off the game just to see what skills i have available, even more frustrating is when they light back up. I find out I hit the wrong skill to start with. Now im toe to toe with the target, expecting to get off the second leg of my combo set and end up having to bail on it and just "mash buttons" to get away.

Im not like 96% of your playerbase who use birds or mages, that can cause damage while running around the room. I have to be within reaching distance of the target to cause damage. This update is a fail for all bears..

but we all know PLDev hate bears anyway, so no surprise there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well if it appears that I'm attacking people I apologize. I didn't realize I was coming off that way. I actually enjoy discussing things with Lesrider.
    Lmao! I sent u a pm like 10 minutes ago saying pretty much the exact same thing
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have jumped in from time to time and the experience keeps getting worst and worst. I feel that the GCD is by far the biggest mistake the dev has encounter. I can say I use to enjoy the game, but with these last two update the game has simply gone wrong. Honestly I tried to adjust to GCD but it just doesn't feel right. Its like they took fun out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

only one word to describe the changes in gcd. disappointed. it make no different at all. i believe most of us suggested to remove gcd (at least in pve) but the update was to make it smoother. so what if its smoother? excuse me, we are facing groups of mobs that can damage us as high a about a 100 or more in sewer. with gcd, your attention gets diverted to your skills. and then you have to look out for mobs. and then you have to check your health. what is this? some kind of strategy game where you have time to think and react?

want to keep gcd? possible with this suggestion implemented:
    1. higher xp given from mobs (2.5 times more) [gcd slow down the game so increased xp to balance it]
    2. lower damage from mobs (50 and below. at least you have time to react) [mainly this allow players to have sufficient reaction time]
    3. skill linking time longer for combo skills. [with gcd, its either you do a self combo or team combo. you hardly can have both. the point of having a team is to enjoy the team working together. with gcd, the team now just work together to prevent each other from dying. i don't think team work is only for that purpose]
    4. pink drop rate increase [working harder gets more pay. i believe you know what i mean by that]

if the above points i suggest is unreasonable to you then my only suggestion is remove gcd from pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Lmao! I sent u a pm like 10 minutes ago saying pretty much the exact same thing
    I know right? No hard feelings. Just some friendly discussion/debate. I'm just trying to understand the true basis of the GCD hate. Is it really the casualness (is that a word?) of the game? If so, if GCD remained as is, and there were fewer mobs and easier bosses but you still have the same drop rate, would the majority of people here be happy then? I don't believe so. I may be wrong, but I don't believe so. I think the real reason is that their toons aren't as effective as the were before and people love getting things but hate having things taken away from them.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again, it has nothing to do with being "godly" and having it removed. Its more along the lines of the current gas prices compared to months ago. Were paying more for the same amount. It's taking twice as long for the same reward. I like the GCD "idea" just the way its implemented right now is not good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So morhawk, you enjoy longer playtimes, harder mobs, no increase in xp or reward for playtime and enjoy dieing and using tons of elixers and pots..... my only question is are you a masacist or is sts paying you to endorse gcd?
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know right? No hard feelings. Just some friendly discussion/debate. I'm just trying to understand the true basis of the GCD hate. Is it really the casualness (is that a word?) of the game? If so, if GCD remained as is, and there were fewer mobs and easier bosses but you still have the same drop rate, would the majority of people here be happy then? I don't believe so. I may be wrong, but I don't believe so. I think the real reason is that their toons aren't as effective as the were before and people love getting things but hate having things taken away from them.
    gcd takes away the fun of the game. this is a fast paced game. and i mean fast paced players and fast paced enemies. now they slow down players but the enemies are still fast paced. it just doesn't balance at all. its simply becomes like we are the target and the minions are the players. are we playing the game or being played by the game?
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-13-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well its not really that I hate the gcd, just its current iteration. I really do think lowering the gcd duration will fix a lot of the problems people currently have with the gcd. .20 seems perfect, it will end multitouching, along with still allowing the combat to be smooth and have a flow to it, as I don't think very many humans could even hit more than 5 skills in a second. Just some thoughts.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Well its not really that I hate the gcd, just its current iteration. I really do think lowering the gcd duration will fix a lot of the problems people currently have with the gcd. .20 seems perfect, it will end multitouching, along with still allowing the combat to be smooth and have a flow to it, as I don't think very many humans could even hit more than 5 skills in a second. Just some thoughts.
    Anyone start a drinking game yet with the word "iteration?" :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Anyone start a drinking game yet with the word "iteration?" :/
    I am now . Oh wait...... I don't drink but rest assured, if I did drink, I would do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not going to requote Sub's full post again but I agree. I have posted elsewhere that the recent patch is a step in the right direction but only because I have been led to believe there is absolutely no way GCD is going away. Not sure why this is so other than developers' choice. That is certainly their right, just as it is the right of consumers to stop playing a game they no longer enjoy. Having read hundreds of forum posts, it appears GCD will cause many, many players to leave the game. I may or may not be one of them, but I can say I'm not having close to the amount of fun I used to.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherAzi View Post
    Not going to requote Sub's full post again but I agree. I have posted elsewhere that the recent patch is a step in the right direction but only because I have been led to believe there is absolutely no way GCD is going away. Not sure why this is so other than developers' choice. That is certainly their right, just as it is the right of consumers to stop playing a game they no longer enjoy. Having read hundreds of forum posts, it appears GCD will cause many, many players to leave the game. I may or may not be one of them, but I can say I'm not having close to the amount of fun I used to.
    yeah your right.. its alot harder.. well longer.. and playing pvp is kind of a waste... cause quick combos dont really mean anything anymore.. same with in game its prety complicated to do combos now.. which defs slows u down a lot.
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |