Thread: GCD is changing my tune about Frostbite and Drain Life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default GCD is changing my tune about Frostbite and Drain Life

I never had much use for Frostbite, but when the GCD was implemented and my DPS fell, I decided to give it a go. I respeced and took points from Drain Life and maxed out Frostbite. Early results are in and Wow! I like it. Consider this:

1. Frostbite does about 2/3 the damage of Drain Life when both are maxed, but can be cast 3x as often (4 sec vs 12 sec recharge), which means that it actually does double the damage overall.

2. You don't have to have a "Autotarget" active for Frosbite to hit something. You do for Drain Life. This means you can freely cast it and not worry about your target dying before it hits (and you can cast it again in 4 seconds anyway).

3. Frostbite can set up the combo with Firestorm. Drain Life has no combo.

Sure, Frostbite is not going to save you by refilling your health bar in a pinch, but for overall usage, I am thinking it might be the way to go. For now, I will leave Drain Life at 1 point (it's still 2/3 effective at that). What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

a good mage combo is lighting ice storm and then fire storm its a good combo when going with PVE

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Drain is the one of the hardest hitting single target skills in the game which makes your health bar go from almost dead to full, my frostbite is 3.... and thats where it should be imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well if you are making a nuke mage frostbite should be maxed, i find its a great spell, espicaily when your taking down a boss. Using nightmare then the frostbite, firestorm combo is a good dmg dealer.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.