Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its better then before, yes. But i wouldnt say its good. I liked it much more before.
    And i am Not playing on iPhone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by bravemenrun View Post
    Well I said I'd give my opinion after I got a chance to play today. It's a big improvement timing wise, it almost feels natural without me having to look at my skill buttons. But it feels natural like when I'm really sleepy and play runs casting kinda slow and lethargic. I'm not feeling any sort of rush or exitement. I might get used to it. But honestly the past 3 days I've only completed one run before getting bored and logging out. A lot of players have spoken their peace at this point and the devs made it clear GCD is not going away, so I won't be posting any more on the subject. Or playing as much considering one slow run was enough to convince me to stop playing for the night.
    I'll have to totally agree with the above comment. Even with a party full of 53's and above, runs are slow and deaths are very frequent. It takes 5 minutes at least to kill bosses that took under a minute before. It's enough to make me part of the 40% that will not be signing in for a while until things get fixed. The GCD is BETTER now, I will admit, but not better enough to make me want to take 20 minutes to do one CTK run. Make some improvements... Make the spells do more damage, make weapons do more, give the NPC's less health... something so that we can still do runs in the same amount of time. That is my 2 cents...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    darkerelf, I play on a HTC evo 4g, from Sprint, also. While you can't multitouch as bad as an iPad ( iirc you can fire 10 skills at once on iPad), before gcd you could fire off 3 skills at once on our phones. I tested before gcd to see how many at once, cause I was bored one day lol. Well, 3 if you were not hitting the joystick also at that moment.

The Real Jira, no, I do not design this game, however, in another thread the devs have said themselves the same thing.
    That may be all true but I was able to keep up with most top player (not all but most). For all those feel other wise stick to gcd pvp. But I am proposing an additional arena for who ever feel the need for no gcd. Do you understand that...? check out the leaderboard that didn't get there over night, maybe so, but for a few who do or can multitouch (great), but at least one of them is not and that is do to their hard work and time invested...(separate arena with no gcd). Yes keep gcd somewhere else, but just make one for the ones who who has grown to love PL for what it use to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

pve=> its good now as is! no more buttons smashing and time enough for using all skills in pve. still there the little queue that elly figured out. just needs timing! i think in some weeks we all are practied enough for.

pvp=> finally i can give a serious try!

skills not working sometimes=> skills are highlighted but no working seems, but the skill has been lounched before, instead of the restore gray, its highlighted and we only think its not working.
    i noticed it when i had focus active and the skill was highlighted and not working, but with focus active, the skill coudnt be highlighted, the time of restoring is much higher than focus is active. so its just a visualisation error.

bugs ao quests: i could craft the weapon finally, after the update i had all mystery weapons recipes in my stash...??????
    still cant turn in the new quest by jones, plz fix it!!!!! want to get rid of it

tyvm sts! hope whining has an end now..
    Last edited by Riccits; 04-15-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone is making WAY to big a deal out of this. It's pathetic how feeble people are. "Well the crowd is doing it, so I should to!" Thats pretty stupid if you ask me. Any of you guys play games such as WoW, Guildwars, POTCO, and many other MMOs that I am to tired to think of right now? Well guess what, they all have GCD. BTW, GCD is so slight at this point in time that the ONLY thing it does is not allow multitouch. Which, is great. Now the game actually takes a small amount of skill to play instead of having to be the person with the fastest fingers/greatest multitouch device. Back to my original comment about crowds. I have talked with several people who have not even tried the GCD and complain! This is the way that MMOs are! Give them some time to sort out the few bugs then the game will be perfect. Ok, I have said my piece.

-Shloppyshmo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like how people use the excuse of NOT comparing PL to every other major mmorpg when devs add stuff that costs but jump ship on that when something like this comes along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

It's nice to see things are calming down again. I couldn't believe Alterra was gonna be torn apart by an update. It was like chaos broke out and the mob was coming with torches to burn everything to the ground. Hopefully those who changed to a 1 star review will change it back. These Devs are awesome. Thanks for hearing us out and meeting us halfway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After several runs last night and this morning, I would still say the GCD takes a lot of pleasure of the game way, if before GCD the game can rate 5, now I would only give 2. During the battle actually u can't feel smooth and exciting, even GCD was improved in the last two patch, still bad. very sad to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And another suggestion for the 1 plat res, I would suggest there is an option in settings to hide that, it actually makes me feel that the company(Devs) add the GCD and 1 plat res to drain player's money, Since after GCD you would die more for new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Gameplay is better with the reduced gcd. Not perfect, but playable. Others have already voiced the same opinions i have, so i will just reiterate them

-lower gcd a little bit more

-some skills should be unaffected by gcd (mainly buffs, heals, rev)

-a different way of showin cooldown? It is distracting to see the blinking skill buttons
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just a side note, damage has been increased since the gcd was added. Physiologic had a post somewhere detailing the increase in skill damage.

Also, has anyone else noticed that it seems like the bandit queen no longer heals herself? I didn't see the green numbers over her head during the times I've fought her since the gcd, but I've been on my mage so I've been kinda concentrating on healing and debuffing, so I could just be missing it due to me watching health meters more.

EDIT: found the post http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...amage-post-GCD
    Last edited by skavenger216; 04-15-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

whatever u guys do about the gcd it still is killing all the fun. 80 % of the fun is lost .
    its choppy unnatural and a bummer after playing this game like it was.
    again im ofline and stay untill its removed , man u guys know how to ruin this game. everybody goes like oh yeah better but the fact is since gcd this game isnt fun.

oh and something thats bad for a game cant be adjusted until its good, when its bad its bad!
    and gcd is BAD
    Last edited by cynic; 04-15-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    whatever u guys do about the gcd it still is killing all the fun. 80 % of the fun is lost .
    again im ofline and stay untill its removed , man u guys know how to ruin this game. everybody goes like oh yeah better but the fact is since gcd this game isnt fun.
    oh and something thats bad for a game cant be adjusted until its good, when its bad its bad!
    and gcd is BAD
    With all do respect, if you're not playing how can you know it's bad?

I didn't like it at the start but as things stand now it's actually enjoyable to play. Levels don't really take much longer to complete, and playing solo is possible again since the latest tweak. It requires a bit more tactic instead of button mashing, which some of us already come to appreciate. The more I'm playing, the better I'm linking it. Give it a shot and don't say immediately you don't like it without even trying to get used to it.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

and gcd is BAD
    give it a try! instead of smashing use skills smooth and think a bit wich u really want to use instead of hoping in good luck..
    jaytb says it, the more u practice, faster u will get it..
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

For starts, just want to thank the devs for listening to their customers and community and working to try to solve this. My playing time has decreased since gcd was implemented. The game just was too slow and boring. I logged in today after update. The speed is improved for sure. Still though sadly, I feel it takes alot of the 'fun' factor from the game. Its slow and very glitchy. I ran for quite a while tonight. Skills aren't registering and when they do, its like a lag before they fire off. Also, it seemed gcd wouldn't activate after I fired sometimes, or would freeze. It is very distracting on the eyes as well. I honestly don't understand why you messed with something that wasn't broken. I know pvp and lag issues have been mentioned, why not just for pvp? Lots of us don't pvp. Also I lag just as much if not more now. I definitely feel this will turn players away, I know you don't wish to do that. Im afraid though, you will lose alot of customers. If a game isn't fun anymore people wont play. The fun of the game for me as a pve player had definitely went down. Sorry to be negative nancy, just being honest. I hope you guys will work to bring the fun back.

ETA: im not a just smash buttons player either. I've always been kinda timely and strategic with placing my skills. Its like when you're playing a video game killing stuff you don't want your buttons on the controller to have a limit on how often u can press them, and then sometimes the button doesn't work. You finally will get annoyed and stop playing.
    Last edited by jaggedlilpill; 04-15-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

to both you guys thanks for the friendly words, i could be more friendly to. sorry to the devs and readers but this was born out of frustration.
    sure i tried it before posting!!
    this morning i did.
    i must say its so hard for me because all is soo slow, the problem is i wasnt smashing the buttons, i had a perfect (for me) sequence, i always left 2 skills open for use and thats something i cant do any more.

ok example:
    with a bird and me as mage (pally) walked in with ice , thornwall was thrown then lighting and then fire!
    BANG big combos. now i dont even get to that point because the slow reaction time due to gcd or not responding to the pressing.
    And above all its so boring slow now its like there is only 1 rythem to play this!

hope it explains what it does to me.
    and sure devs this is still a great game, i cant get used to it now
    Last edited by cynic; 04-15-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    give it a try! instead of smashing use skills smooth and think a bit wich u really want to use instead of hoping in good luck..
    jaytb says it, the more u practice, faster u will get it..
    This is what I don't understand. I didn't smash before, I paid a lot of thought and outside game planning as to what sequences I should be using and how to proceed after the initial unload against different mobs and bosses. The speed of what I was capable of unleashing, in which order and timing things with staff/sword, they were all crucial. In pve it's not nearly always about how fast.

And cynic made a good point there, one I haven't seen mention before.I, too, kept panic spells available in many situations, seldom was it about lashing out everything, and in those cases (or when just feeling lazy or distracted) it's still about smashing.

Now. Every once in a while in some restricted form of rhythm I try to execute similar patterns. It's painstakingly slow, choppy, I can do and affect it a lot less, and a lot of what I thought was the skill factor in this game is gone. Now it (still) feels like a turn based game with artificial time component.

The gcd now (after the 2nd patch to the initial gcd) is indeed short enough that I do believe that many will grow to accept it and even like it, but don't try to tell me that it now requires more skill nor that it's now good and me liking it is due to me not having given it enough time.

I'm trying to express here why I resent it. That's all. Anyone else is free to feel differently. My bitterness comes from the fact that from my perspective something that I had paid for and grown like was fine and not broken at all got broken and quite frankly all of the reasons I've heard so far fail convince me.

Pvp multitouching and smashing?
    Vast majority of top pvp players are gutted. I don't have enough experience to go beyond that.
    Multitouching could've be fixed by not allowing multitouching in skills. No press prior to release, that's how it's usually done. This gcd is a different beast. And a "solution" to a different "problem".

Pve?
    Huge number of pve players are gutted.

Lag?
    Network lag is a server/bandwidth issue, a 5 player game these days will not cause significant network lag, period. Number of game instance even it out serverside with or without gcd. I know, I develop for and dmin vpn servers.
    Gfx lag in low end devices should be dealt with reduced rendering not by slowing those down with faster devices that have already grown to like the game as it is.

Forced selection of skills / more skill into game due paying more attention to how skills are used?
    True for those who were lazy enough to pay attention and just smashed them button mindlessly. Many of them are very unlikely to enjoy the new system.
    False for those who already paid attention to it a lot, only used to be quicker at it. Many of these are equally unlikely to enjoy the new system.

Game is now more difficult and now requires more skill?
    No it's not and it doesn't. It's slower. And as a result it's actually easier in a sense that it's simpler. What one can do has been greatly limited, to survive and succeed one has to tone down the aggression what used to be possible. Runs maybe longer and more deaths occur (mostly because people haven't adapted and think glass cannons can still charge if they know what they're doing), but overall it's simpler.
    And feels wrong. Sorry. My yet another 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

Skills needs a revamp?
    Sure, maybe, but this kind of jolt in game feel is hardly the solution in an existing game for which people have already paid for and clearly like.
    What has been repeated here many times is that the pace of spell casting that this game allowed made this stand out.

I have to thank the dev team for trying. Two patches in two days is good, both in the right direction. But the initial adjustment was too big to be redeemed with two minor tweaks. I know the tweaking is not over, but there's still a long way to go and there's been clear statements that it will not be reverted. And my condolences to those in the dev team that didn't/don't like the gcd either. I'm sure some of them feel the same way, but understandably are unable to express that.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 04-15-2011 at 04:31 AM. Reason: typos, ty and an emphasis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

just for correction: i didnt want to say to noone that you r clueless buttons smasher!

ur right, game is a bit slower and i would lie when i say i dont prefer pve without GCD.
    i just can say that its harder now and gives a bit more challenge, but its all really little what i tried yesterday after last update.
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is not challenging, just boring. different people have different rhythm and pattern, what the hell r the devs try to force all people dance the same way! really dictatorship and nasty!
    Last edited by rustyleg; 04-15-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Much better

The game is once again playable!! I can like this. We just need to learn how to tweak our playing styles and work together. Good job devs!!