Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Criticism Incoming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Wow. 8 levels make you not want to play the entire game? You must not have really liked the game, then, if you can't find any content in the other 76 levels that you like. The wonderful thing about PL is that you don't need to cap in it to have fun. In fact, I haven't done any leveling past 70 since the weekend of BSM's release, and I still enjoy the game just fine.

1) There's a good reason things past 76 have reduced quality. Wanna know why? It's Cinco by himself instead of him and a team. :x Adding new items for higher levels does improve the game (more item variety stat wise), and unless something drastically changed recently, they've been reusing item meshes since the start of the game. Why does it matter if they don't all have unique looks? They're still unique items. People spending money on new items is just a poor way to manage money in an MMO. Obviously that stuff is going to be over priced. You should be buying it with the knowledge that you are over paying.

2) Everyone has always called PL level cap increases level cap increases. Don't remember anyone ever calling it an expansion. Besides, it's an expansion if it expands the game, therefore no matter how much is added, it's still technically an expansion. When is the last time you used pre-cap equipment on a character you were leveling? Who would bother with it? The only use for it is in PvP, and the lack of these items is hardly detrimental (in fact, I'm of the opinion that the lower scaled items hurt PvP somewhat since it renders the items 1 level lower than them moot by and large). You shouldn't be increasing your expectations back to be what PL updates were for caps. That's unfair to Cinco. :/

3) Yeah, here's the thing.. PL isn't AL. They are very different. PL has had reskins and re-releases of items throughout its history. Can't say much about AL since I haven't really touched it, but the point is more that you shouldn't compare the two in the first place. I have expectations, but my expectations are limited since there is a limited amount of people working on PL updates.

You're right, though. This kind of thread was inevitable. However, it wasn't really needed on this topic. :x Criticizing the balance changes and basic systems in the game is fair, but calling new content pointless because it's not as good as old content is pretty unfair no matter how I look at it, as I'm sure you picked up on through my response.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post: