Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Am I the only one upset about this? D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm never gonna make it to 56
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks G for answering! I would love those brought back, but my main aim of this thread was to find out WHY you guys chose this decision in the first place. Im not the type to complain at results of problems. From a good friend that has long left my life, I learned to first find the CAUSE of the question, as complaining about effects will have no effects whatsoever.
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO to this update.

BOOOOOOO I say.

REal $$$ for something that lasts 5 minutes? For real?

$9.99 for 75 plat = $0.13 per plat.

20 plat for the good buff pack = $2.66 for 5 minutes of buffs. And god forbid you should lag for a second or two and die...

Get real you jackwagon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb View Post
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOO to this update.

BOOOOOOO I say.

REal $$$ for something that lasts 5 minutes? For real?

$9.99 for 75 plat = $0.13 per plat.

20 plat for the good buff pack = $2.66 for 5 minutes of buffs. And god forbid you should lag for a second or two and die...

Get real you jack holes.
    heyhey.. dont flame D: And devs please dont lock this thread im still looking for feedback. My thoughts are the exact same as yours mikeb, and yes, the devs have gone a bit overboard, but dont insult them, they arent having easy lives down there in Texas (least hope there working hard for us players ;D)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I started playing because PL wasn't the time sync WOW was. And when I'd recommend PL to friends, that would be my main selling point. I've been very disappointed in the direction the game has been going and it does feel like player opinion matters less now.

I have to ask why server stats were removed. Do they not want us to know how many players might have left at this point? I was playing tonight and my whole team was complaining about something caused by the latest set of updates.

I call the sum total of the major changes GSD, global slow down. its a shame for a game to change so drastically after we've invested so much time playing.
    Last edited by bravemenrun; 04-18-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Bravemenrun ::.... ..: Level 55 ::.... ..: MAGE OF THE SKULL HELM

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    Thanks G for answering! I would love those brought back, but my main aim of this thread was to find out WHY you guys chose this decision in the first place. Im not the type to complain at results of problems. From a good friend that has long left my life, I learned to first find the CAUSE of the question, as complaining about effects will have no effects whatsoever.
    This is a very good point and seems to be eluded by the devs on every post. I have read many threads and many replies and it seems the community is starting to take notice of the focus/direction of the game, and not too many are happy. Every response I see by a dev is to calm the mobs of players with their torches and pitchforks armed, but none of them address the questions at hand.

1)Why are these changes being made?
    2)Where is this game headed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't a big elixir user anyway. Now that it's plat only, it will be more likely never.

Good thing I bought 2 big luck vanity items when I did. Now I just need tank and exp vanity items, lol.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post

1)Why are these changes being made? $$$$$$
    2)Where is this game headed? To the BANK
    BoooooooOOOOO I say!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This is a very good point and seems to be eluded by the devs on every post. I have read many threads and many replies and it seems the community is starting to take notice of the focus/direction of the game, and not too many are happy. Every response I see by a dev is to calm the mobs of players with their torches and pitchforks armed, but none of them address the questions at hand.

+1
    hit the nail on the head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

tching! well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Honestly, all those saying this is a pure money making motive must see something I don't. Now that the dungeons are free, if I was a new player I could only see perhaps a few very small purchases (another character slot, and more inventory and maybe a ring). I have plat in my account, but there's no way I'd use it on elixirs. In other words, if I was a new player starting today, there's no way I'd have spent as much as I have already.

All these changes seem to me more to minimize plat purchases more than maximize them while appealing to a larger audience. Only thing I could see is if PL started having ads and could make more on them because the base was larger, but honestly, I don't think that's where they're headed
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Totally dissapointed in the recent movement. Glad I waited for the aniversary update before investing in more plats. I'm pretty sure gold for low end elixirs would be brought back as Justg mentioned because this plat for elixir thingy makes no sense for the community.

And many people would probably not start or continue their alternates anymore if we have to play from scratch. Leaving us with our 55 and 56 main which in due time, will be bored with it, and we fade away from the game faster... Already have friends telling me let's stop playing alternate and just do main...

Is there a chance that lv lock to be implemented only for new players who do not have a lv55 -56 char? Once they have a character that reaches 55. Alternates from the same account will not be bounded by the lock? After all, we did pay for the maps using plats prior to this update. You can have my gratitude shield and helm back in exchange for this.
    Last edited by Genes; 04-19-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hope it is made by mistake or forgot to put...
    Also, Why they not focuse on "join" function? it still not working!!
    IMO i really want them to stop update if they keeping like that ---->> $_$
    or quit is the only option... at least for me

Plasticuproject

I think they are trying to slow down consumption rates with these updates. The elite 56 level was meant to satisfy players until the next level increase, but a lot of us grinded to it in a week or two. I think the devs didn't expect this. I think they want to slow the game down so they eliminated powerleveling and put a big price on XP pots. It sucks in a way, but with the changes affecting all of us it wont be that bad, IMO. I doubt that this change was exclusively motivated by profit. I have a hunch that they are producing more revenue now by other means than just plat. Just an uneducated guess though.
    Last edited by Plasticuproject; 04-19-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

@duped I see your reasoning, and now that I think about it, it makes sense in a way. But you gotta remember that there are more "old" players than new players NOW. This is why I mentioned about it killing the population now, but not affecting the to be huge population later on. Were annoyed cuz they destroyed our customs/traditions.
    @Genes everyones had moments where they want to ditch alts and just stay on mains, I definetely have had that thought. But hey, PLs fun, enjoy it ;D and I dont quite understand what you are saying the last paragraph.
    @k123654 They fixed join button already, but its a client issue, so it requires Apple to verify/confirm it before they allow it to be applied to the app.
    @Plasticrproject But what does what us players do after essentially "finishing" the content have to do with them? As you pointed out yourself, only a few hardcore players do that, and hey, theres still the other over 3000 players who arent hardcore.

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    @duped I see your reasoning, and now that I think about it, it makes sense in a way. But you gotta remember that there are more "old" players than new players NOW. This is why I mentioned about it killing the population now, but not affecting the to be huge population later on. Were annoyed cuz they destroyed our customs/traditions.
    @Genes everyones had moments where they want to ditch alts and just stay on mains, I definetely have had that thought. But hey, PLs fun, enjoy it ;D and I dont quite understand what you are saying the last paragraph.
    @k123654 They fixed join button already, but its a client issue, so it requires Apple to verify/confirm it before they allow it to be applied to the app.
    @Plasticrproject But what does what us players do after essentially "finishing" the content have to do with them? As you pointed out yourself, only a few hardcore players do that, and hey, theres still the other over 3000 players who arent hardcore.
    Well Cinco has been SCREAMING how he wants to make the game more challenging. Restricting the use of elixirs would help do so. More challenging to play, more challenging to level up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can lvl very fast in lower levels. I used an elixer a few times and I am lvl 55. This game is only hard trying to solo. If they wanted just to make money than they would of kept the maps so you had to buy them. Its a casual game but its not chutes and ladders either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last paragraph is with respect to lower levels not being able to go to higher level maps.

And yes, I've read many people talking about skills improvement for noobs, good learning curve for noobs etc... But what about old players who got bored with their main and want to lv up alternate character quickly? Now they will have to grind through like a noob again. So if devs want to control skills of players in the game or prevent power leveling for noobs, they could perhaps limit this to main character. Only when a new player's char reached lv55 under new rules. Then can they be allowed to use their alternate to gain access to any maps they want to.

To make things simple, apply the level cap on all the characters that any noob create and not on the alternate of players who already owned a lv55 character.
    Last edited by Genes; 04-19-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

im 55 1/2 and im not gonna spend 1 platinum anymore, all of this is unfair . but hey its sts game so let them do what they want with it, ill be online sometimes but im really not gonna play that much.
    my opinion is they now want the big money and change everything.
    i dont like the shield , the elixers and the gcd. this game is officialy a money maker.
    Last edited by cynic; 04-20-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I do not have problems with these updates; my use of EXP elixirs is scarce (mostly evolving my mage from 45 to 50), because my first goal is to play, not to evolve. I'll miss the Armor/Damage pots, they are useful when a team decimates just before boss - I'll get used to invite friends.

It is clear that a remodulation of entire business model of PL is running; a neat understanding of the reasons behind is beyond our possibilities, because we don't have any detailed data of how STS gets revenues from the game. The only prevision I made is: the model is likely to change again, after economic impact evaluation by STS.