Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing shield stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Then twinking would be even more overpowered.
    Then don't Twink j/k

I just love it because when i go pve with it my hp barely go down on my alts in noobie dungeon.
    plz don't change it to lower stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

With all due respect, making all campaigns free is not the same as an item devaluating.
    If PL were going bankrupt and they wanted to allow people to play for free in the hopes of luring them in to spend cash on other things, that would be another story. But they're doing just fine, PL isn't going anywhere, and neither are those maps.

And I just found it silly that those who have PL/community shields are complaining the stats aren't good enough now. They shouldn't have given an edge in the first place. Neither shield's stats make any difference to me at this point bc I don't twink. My Gratitude shield will sit in my stash. I think the best solution would be to make all three vanity items. But if that's not possible, PL/community shields should NOT give any advantage over others. If the honor of getting that shield isn't enough, maybe something should be rethought (if I'm any more explicit I'll probably get banned).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

No, because those who have put the time and effort into achieving the previous rare PL and Community shield, for whatever purpose they may have served is now diminished, because a more common, upgraded shield in terms of stats is out and about.

I kid, I kid!!!! don't hurt me, Parth.....
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    This is some bodacious bull shell. All I've gotten from this is that these "Guardians of Alterra"(lol, cartoons from the 80s) want an item that assures there place in SS. E "I'm better then you" Peen.
    Banned, I personally don't believe myself to be better then anybody else. I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, because those who have put the time and effort into achieving the previous rare PL and Community shield, for whatever purpose they may have served is now diminished, because a more common, upgraded shield in terms of stats is out and about.
    How is that diminished buy people who paid money for something that now again free for others and the devs simply try to reimburse us? It's apples to oranges. It's painfully obvious that some of the PL and Community shield bearers are throwing a fit because they don't have the better and unique shield at the same time. I don't think a handful of people have the right to decide how we are reimbursed for money we spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

What Bearded said. ^^
    Just took words outta my mauf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.
    well said, range
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    With all due respect, making all campaigns free is not the same as an item devaluating.
    If PL were going bankrupt and they wanted to allow people to play for free in the hopes of luring them in to spend cash on other things, that would be another story. But they're doing just fine, PL isn't going anywhere, and neither are those maps.

And I just found it silly that those who have PL/community shields are complaining the stats aren't good enough now. They shouldn't have given an edge in the first place. Neither shield's stats make any difference to me at this point bc I don't twink. My Gratitude shield will sit in my stash. I think the best solution would be to make all three vanity items. But if that's not possible, PL/community shields should NOT give any advantage over others. If the honor of getting that shield isn't enough, maybe something should be rethought (if I'm any more explicit I'll probably get banned).
    same opinion here, such PL or guardians shield or any other shouldnt give any in game advantage, just for show off..

btw. the new shield needs a bit redesign... its just a BS bracer and wing and some kind of str shield... a bit color is needed
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the snowball launcher and plat bought gear took over twinking... thats why i hate twinking now..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Let me just tell you something...

DEVS DONT CARE ABOUT TWINKS AND PVP GET OVER WITH IT!!!!

*Sir, you have earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records for longest virtual shout, Congragulations*
    Bean:*Thank you*^^

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    Let me just tell you something...

DEVS DONT CARE ABOUT TWINKS AND PVP GET OVER WITH IT!!!!

*Sir, you have earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records for longest virtual shout, Congragulations*
    Bean:*Thank you*^^
    omg bean is jesus he speaks the truth :O
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i have heard once pvp is a huge joke...?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    i have heard once pvp is a huge joke...?
    oh my friend 75% of it is..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Face it guys, twinking died months ago. I think the shield should remain the same stats, as someone said earlier, you're not going to be running around in the sewers with a PL/GoA/Vet shield.

EDIT: Read some more posts, and Banned couldn't have said it better.
    Last edited by Slush; 04-19-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have no problem with stats; for me these are rewards and not "playable" items, but I got the "low level tweak" point. What about a mutable statistic item? If the shield (and the future Founder's Helm) shows differents stats according to the level of the wearing character? It could sound complicated, but it is like "special bonus" of the sets, based on player level instead of other gears presence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

omg read what i said the devs told me via email tha the community shield and pl shield are status shields and making them lvl with the charecter would be to complicated they should just make em vanity not nerf

also think about this people do quit the gratitude shield is gonna start to disapear and no more will be given out but they will give out the pl and community

also the gratatude shield has good stats cause the devs are showing there gratatude no point in having a bad sheild like that if its giving cause they are gratefull imaging the complains to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    IMO the PL/comm shields should have absolutely no stats whatsoever since they do (well, did prior to the release of the new shield) give a clear advantage at extremely low level PvPing.
    This man here is the real deal.