Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends Founder's Helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thanks Stomp, I was heated and you made me smile on a day when I'm going on an hour of sleep!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Ok, we just had a discussion on this. I'm happy to report that we've decided to change it from the requirement of starting between April and June of 2010 to a 6-month veteran reward. The main reason for this is it excluded Android users.

After logging in, we check to see that you have created your account 6 months ago. If so, we put the Founder's Helm in your stash. Android users that were there for the launch of the game will get their Founder's Helm starting in May.

This will go live Wednesday.

-ALS
    ow cmon.... its like givin it to the half of the comunity. It wont be veteran this way... I agree about android users but not for iphone users 6 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Wbto-Angeluscustos View Post
    it doesnt really make it a veteran item now.. but it should be sweet.. lol been here since day 1
    why haven i seen u at all if ur here since day 1? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Apocolypze View Post
    i think its too broad, if it wuznt for the people who joined april-june and spreading the word about the game, it wouldnt have advanced so much.
    agree!

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    I made my account in the early January.. Will I be able to get the helmet in a month and 2-3 weeks ?

P.S. I'm on Android and got my first device that could play PL in the early January and created an account the same day cuz a couple of my friends had been playing it :-)
    dont think so :/

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchylde View Post
    us that joined in april 2010 should have the primo of the primo helmet that sets us apart from the rest specially the droid cause i was on a ipad an iphone in april an ther wasnt no droid back then it was apple an thats it an i know a few others that joined in april damn we oughtta get the best of the best then work your way down like tier 1 ,2 ,3 ,4
    maybe DONT multipost?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    I liked the April-june...
    T O T A L L Y
    nothin special about it now... The dates changed thanks to kids that keep crying...

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things! STS gives an elite few something and the entire community goes nuts! C'mon people, it's a founders helm... I would imagine it's for FOUNDERS, how is being around for 6 months of a 12 month anything classify you as a founder. Sure, I get that "I wasn't able to join in April, but I would have if it was possible" really, would you have? When the game was just a wee baby, when there wasn't an abundance of maps/quests/items/win that the game is full of now. Fact is that with all of the complaining people are doing over the devs current trial-and-error like patches would you really have stuck around for PL in its infancy? It's time to give it up for the people who allowed the game to expand to different platforms besides the iPhone, if it wasn't for them the game may have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn.

P.S. Since these droid users are trying to strong-arm our award, I say iPhone users try to strong-arm their android contest (I want a shot at getting a new complete costume for my toon), how about a giant apple costume? Anyone with me, iRevolution?!
    I WOULD LOVE AN APPLE COSTUME
    Last edited by Barbamitsos; 04-20-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Ive been playing since Late Oct. Do i get one?
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

This is why we can't have nice things! STS gives an elite few something and the entire community goes nuts! C'mon people, it's a founders helm... I would imagine it's for FOUNDERS, how is being around for 6 months of a 12 month anything classify you as a founder. Sure, I get that "I wasn't able to join in April, but I would have if it was possible" really, would you have? When the game was just a wee baby, when there wasn't an abundance of maps/quests/items/win that the game is full of now. Fact is that with all of the complaining people are doing over the devs current trial-and-error like patches would you really have stuck around for PL in its infancy? It's time to give it up for the people who allowed the game to expand to different platforms besides the iPhone, if it wasn't for them the game may have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn.

P.S. Since these droid users are trying to strong-arm our award, I say iPhone users try to strong-arm their android contest (I want a shot at getting a new complete costume for my toon), how about a giant apple costume? Anyone with me, iRevolution?!

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

This is why we can't have nice things!
    I've gone gray trying to please everyone.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

-ALS
    At least you've still got hair. Always a positive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-ALS
    Don't worry! Gray is the new black! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    the lottery system looks like a gamble... punny funny!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

-ALS
    This is why you guys at STS should start sticking to your guns; pleasing EVERYONE is borderline impossible. It was supposed to be a treat for people who have put a full year into the game and the community and now it's being diminished to a mere novelty item. The April-June initial idea seemed the best, but people are starting to notice that causing an uproar is getting them what they want.

The founding fathers of the United States were around in 1776, does it seem fair to get my name added to the list for my contributions in 2010 because I wasn't born yet, but I would have been there?

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

I've got a new plan that now pleases the impossible-to-please.

-ALS

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

iPhone users should be grateful that you were all given Droid antennas. Droiders did not complain iOS users were given Droid antennas, which were specifically created due to Google being very lenient about the use of their Droid mascot. Why are all the iOS users outraged? And no, from what I remember, Apple denied STS from using their trademark Apple symbol so an "iRevolution" is pretty much impossible.

And you also made a huge assumption that "the game have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn." If this game was released on the Android first and THEN the iOS, I would punch myself in the face if I made such a comment about the iOS.

Good thing you haven't received a PL shield or a Community Shield, if ever - you might go crazy if more and more people started receiving these shields because of their "uniqueness."

Edit: In short, they're just freakin' pixels, man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I've got a new plan that now pleases the impossible-to-please.

-ALS
    I guess you won't divulge this plan until tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my opinion apple users should have first idea while droid should have 1st month of release on droid or not at all
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    iPhone users should be grateful that you were all given Droid antennas. Droiders did not complain iOS users were given Droid antennas, which were specifically created due to Google being very lenient about the use of their Droid mascot. Why are all the iOS users outraged? And no, from what I remember, Apple denied STS from using their trademark Apple symbol so an "iRevolution" is pretty much impossible.

And you also made a huge assumption that "the game have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn." If this game was released on the Android first and THEN the iOS, I would punch myself in the face if I made such a comment about the iOS.

Good thing you haven't received a PL shield or a Community Shield, if ever - you might go crazy if more and more people started receiving these shields because of their "uniqueness."
    You're comparing an antenna to a complete costume (which is pure awesome btw), this is the equilent of what people got from Big Love/Luck for waving. Also, outrage is a bit much. I personally am having fun voicing my opinion and trying to make light of the situation, nothing more. iRevolution was a complete farce and I don't have the charisma to get my dog to follow me to the store, let alone anyone with half a brain reading this.

I stated that "if" the game became less popular from iPhone users, then the cart over to the droid may never had happened. We see this in the gaming community all of the time. If a Xbox exclusive becomes extremely popular and Sony can negotiate the rights to said title, then they will cart it over to their system. Failing titles don't usually get carted over to another system after the fact.

I don't care about the novity/vanity items, in fact I liquidate them. I don't believe that I will get a founder helm if the join date is changed from April-June (I may, but I know I didn't purchase plat until mid June). I'm not trying to make an item that I am getting into an exclusive thing, but rather voicing my opinion of why I think that this item should be restricted to the people who were here first.

Edit: I appreciate your opinion, and know that you're a more respected player/assist to the community. I had no idea my rant would bring out the big guns!
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-19-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I have something for all you complaining about who should get a Founder's Helm.

If you weren't around back in the day when the game first came out, too freaking bad. Quit your sniveling and be happy for those who helped provide the first initial game improvements and income flow and Android launch later on. The jealousy and pettiness here is out of control, all of you need to grow up and quit being jealous little punks who think you are entitled to everything.

And I say this as a non-Founder myself. I wasn't there, regardless of platform, I don't deserve it.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-19-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling fail
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I have something for all you complaining about who should get a Founder's Shield.

If you weren't around back in the day when the game first came out, too freaking bad. Quit your sniveling and be happy for those who helped provide the first initial game improvements and income flow and Android launch later on. The jealousy and pettiness here is out of control, all of you need to grow up and quit being jealous little punks who think you are entitled to everything.

And I say this as a non-Founder myself. I wasn't there, regardless of platform, I don't deserve it.
    +50 potatoes
    You sir, deserve these

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    the lottery system looks like a gamble... punny funny!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Don't forget that Apple is trying to kill off the free platinum/tapjoy thing cause they dont get a cut.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/19/apple...re-says-tapjo/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well said "Random" hehe I agree with moog on this I wish I was one of the starting members but I opened my account on August and couldnt really play much till I started my Mage back on December. I'm glad that I gt the shield at least.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vol View Post
    Don't forget that Apple is trying to kill off the free platinum/tapjoy thing cause they dont get a cut.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/19/apple...re-says-tapjo/
    So That's the reason sts shut tapjoy down
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i guess im a starting member because i started day of?
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I have something for all you complaining about who should get a Founder's Helm.

Not fair!

I only use puffs plus with lotion, that's not fair to the rest of us!
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!