Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Update| 6/29/17 | Crate Key Sale, Slag Sale, and 2x Hauntlet tokens

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I don't think anyone wants to quit right now. Not after the current Somberholt expansion. Yes, it has its shortcomings, I have posted about it in the past, others have too. Yet, what is undeniable is that it is definitely much better than Rengol or Underhul. Why would people want to quit now when it looks like the game has gone in the right direction again?

Now, all businesses need to generate income in order to survive and thrive. I get that, I'm a business owner myself. That's why I'm fine with some pay to win elements. But we have to be honest here. Take a look at this forum section and count how many new non-plat things have been released in the last several months. I also read what one of devs said about the new expansion - "it's a play free map with a workaround". I'd rather not share my exact thoughts on this, because I may get banned. So, I'll just say this: we had the first arcane artifact about a week after Forgotten Ruins release (may have been even earlier); on the other hand I seriously doubt most people will ever manage to get even to legendary one. A "workaround" indeed. But it's somewhat okay, since it's just one map and one piece of equipment, despite the insane advantage it gives - people can still run Mausoleum, have fun, and maybe someday farm enough gold to afford it. From what I understand, however, the new expansion will take that away - people won't be able to run the new maps in a fashion similar to all other expansions so far. That's a radical departure from this game's philosophy and I'd think about it (or "iterate" on it) not twice but a hundred times before pulling the trigger. I sincerely hope you did that.

Regards.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post: