As a player who quit in 2014, and came back two months ago, I can say that merching is pretty fair. I had 80k when I first came back and now I have millions of gold, all thanks to merching. I don't get the point of this thread, the auction is obviously not always right, a player listed a deary egg for 99m a few days ago, does that mean you can sell your deary eggs based on that price? As a merchant, an essential part of doing your business is to memorize the prices of the auction, to avoid being overprice-trapped. Memorize the things that you're willing to merch in, memorize that the real price of gold tyrannica is about 350k, while it is in auction for 2m for most of the time (go away from crafting items, they're usually overpriced in auc). Plus, you traded an item that was good, to an item that is unknown to you at all, and then you blamed it on the merching system? This game is adaptation, the number of players constantly realize that this game is more of a p2w game and that leaves them with two ways left to get rich, either farm or merch. Farming can only get you locks worth 6k and eggs worth 10k. So there is Maus, that you need to grind hundreds of hours to reach. That leaves players with merching as the only way to get rich. As a result, the number of merchants skyrocketed during the past years. Merching is harder, but is still a simple concept. You know a fury coat's real price is 250k, so you buy one for 150k and gain 100k. Memorizing the real prices of things in order to profit is what differs good merchants from bad merchants. I recommend you farm APs/Quests/XP till you catch up, and then learn more about merching. In case you're an early starter, just make sure to have someone experienced by your side. I don't think all of this would've happened if you asked your GM if the real price of rogue dream is 500k, for example.