Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pink Drop rates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    LMAO.... No man your tanking is great I would even dare to say at par with Elly and that's not a small thing to say. On birds you are awesome too unlike me (my bird skills at at 0 atm).
    I am nowhere good as Mr Idol....I just try and emulate his tanking. He has given me a lot of advice, and his dual-spec guide has a lot to do with my current setup/ability.

But I am really a bird at heart. One who can avoid firetraps for the most part.

I wonder what kind of BBQ sauce Mitsui prefers to be slathered in, in prep for a run on a level with any grates. I am thinking he is a Hickory Smoke kind of guy.

Yeah, was happy to see Corrvus get a pink drop, and a double one at that. rare, but I've seen it before. Now he can retire his Shotgun and roll in style
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah we grouped after with him and he was using his bow owning the mobs on BS very good player. It was an older player run I think the youngest was a 30 year old roasted bird.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I am nowhere good as Mr Idol....I just try and emulate his tanking. He has given me a lot of advice, and his dual-spec guide has a lot to do with my current setup/ability.

I wonder what kind of BBQ sauce Mitsui prefers to be slathered in, in prep for a run on a level with any grates. I am thinking he is a Hickory Smoke kind of guy.

Yeah, was happy to see Corrvus get a pink drop, and a double one at that. rare, but I've seen it before. Now he can retire his Shotgun and roll in style
    LMAO. I'll have to remember to pick up a bottle of Hickory Smoke BBQ sauce tonight on the way home. Mits and I can slather our phones in it before we play. I think I have a good 300-400 deaths on fire traps in the sewers by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Echelong
    Thanks E. Nah it’s really not you guys at all. It’s the suicidal birdness in me that hangs around/afk in fire, I think it’s because I always gather by fire in town heh. Besides, it would really help if i stop pressing map instead of pot. maybe i really need to ditch pad and use phone to improve my game. close to 1500 death now but i gotta admit, i been playing very loosely since 56 and grouping with people i know doesnt help, because i always ended up typing while fire pitting and being slime fired~~

@DT
    I am sure we can come up with a system/goal of some sort, farm to sell to buy, farm for item, trade each other pinks etc and keep scores. I like everyone to have a set just for the sparkleness, regardless we actually use the pinks in runs or not. Of course, it should not become a REQUIREMENT or LOGIN NOW YOUR TIME IS MINE. Everyone has their own stuff to do, people to see, places to be. Everything’s gotta be mutual, and fun =)

@Moog
    Ummm I searched too and… it’s really NSFW lol
    I think, I die because I have faith in my group when I know you guys have my back =). And it’s a challenge, to see how many mages and bears needed to keep me alive… (grouped with 4 mages last night but still got burned like a bird )

I like... Honey BBQ with spice lv7 instant hotness.

Hickory smoked is not fast enough for my style of dying. I am instant burned with crate+2 fire pits kinda bird.
    Last edited by MITSUISUN; 03-15-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Pinks seem to have been dropping like crazy yesterday. Maybe the Devs bumped the drop rate for St. Patty's day. I think everyone was feeling lucky. Well except for Ech. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Pinks seem to have been dropping like crazy yesterday. Maybe the Devs bumped the drop rate for St. Patty's day. I think everyone was feeling lucky. Well except for Ech. :P
    Well I did get a your feeling lucky message lol.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post

Style points is what this bird just doesn't seem to have.

Funny - when I saw that pic of grilled chicken, I was thinking, "Mmm...that's ME with a side order of fries and an ice cold beer"
    Last edited by neko; 03-16-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post

I didn't know about the second pink until afterwards. At the time I was just fixated on the scarab and thought, "Wow!"

Just a few games prior, I was telling someone how "I only dream in pinks but they never come true..." I will shut up now.

nice man grats.. and thats pree sick
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Some guy got a Sewer Queen Staff, AND a Custom Leather recipe from one boss.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slush View Post
    some guy got a sewer queen staff, and a custom leather recipe from one boss.
    +1 Nice!!!
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever the rates are they are really low... haven't got a pink in a week
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players
    Doapsaint Level 55 Pure Dex Birdie | Supahsaint Level 15 Str/Dex Bear
    Progress to 56 |▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow would not believe it if u did not have a pic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Torath View Post
    Wow would not believe it if u did not have a pic
    Yeah ikr, pretty unbelievable, even with the pic!

Never ever seen two drops occur simultaneously to the same player.

PL : xBearSpiritx (Lvl 66 Tank Bear) | xPallax (Lvl 60 Pure Int Elf) | xDarkWraithx (Lvl 61 Pure Dex Bird)
    SL: Crusader (Lvl 26 Commando) | Contra (Lvl 26 Operative) | xPallax (Lvl 26 Engineer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

It happens only on bosses that drop recipes (Sewer Bosses, I've never seen it happen for low level recipes). The recipe drops are a seperate drop roll so yeah someone can get 2 drops at a time.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,
    Great thread. I beleve that the drop rate is somewhat cyclic. You can go through a long dry period where all you see is the lowest drops. Later on a green or two will drop. Finally a purple. Then a double purple drop. Finally it will happen and a pink, or rarely two will drop. Have gotten two in a row three times, but never a double. Have been through a long dry spell where it was 10 days between drops, and yet have gotten 6 in one day(14+ hours of play)
    Like the idea of asking everyone what they are after, and doing a rotation based on the answers. Other than pull/roundup #3 of 4 in stronghold, I am quite happy in every zone in the sewers. Although I am still after a fury sword, so my choice will always be cats till I get one.
    Am still a work in progress. I've cut down on both over pursuing, and scatter stomps.
    Get a bit frustrated sometimes when I pin the boss to the wall, and then lose the pin. Great times in the sewers, will miss then once the next expansion comes out.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Bagwaan; 04-22-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Bagwaan(56 Tank Bear), Bowberry(55 Bow Bear), Bowbag(52 Bird), Darunee(52 Elf)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwaan View Post
    Hello all,
    Great thread. I beleve that the drop rate is somewhat cyclic. You can go through a long dry period where all you see is the lowest drops. Later on a green or two will drop. Finally a purple. Then a double purple drop. Finally it will happen and a pink, or rarely two will drop. Have gotten two in a row three times, but never a double. Have been through a long dry spell where it was 10 days between drops, and yet have gotten 6 in one day(14+ hours of play)
    Like the idea of asking everyone what they are after, and doing a rotation based on the answers. Other than pull/roundup #3 of 4 in stronghold, I am quite happy in every zone in the sewers. Although I am still after a fury sword, so my choice will always be cats till I get one.
    Am still a work in progress. I've cut down on both over pursuing, and scatter stomps.
    Get a bit frustrated sometimes when I pin the boss to the wall, and then lose the pin. Great times in the sewers, will miss then once the next expansion comes out.
    Cheers
    I agree Bagwaan about the pink drops being cyclical and just random, regardless of devs nerfs and such. I had a stretch recently where I would get a pink or three every day. It went on for weeks. More recently, it has been over 10 days since my last pink drop in the sewers (this excludes the Vyx helm farming the shadow caves during the Birthday celebration) and I have played a lot in that time period. But during that time I have seen a ton of pinks drop including double pink drops to the party. It just so happens my particular luck during this time has been bad. My luck will change eventually, I just have to keep farming in the mean time -- err once the severs get back on line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    I agree Bagwaan about the pink drops being cyclical and just random, regardless of devs nerfs and such. I had a stretch recently where I would get a pink or three every day. It went on for weeks. More recently, it has been over 10 days since my last pink drop in the sewers (this excludes the Vyx helm farming the shadow caves during the Birthday celebration) and I have played a lot in that time period. But during that time I have seen a ton of pinks drop including double pink drops to the party. It just so happens my particular luck during this time has been bad. My luck will change eventually, I just have to keep farming in the mean time -- err once the severs get back on line.
    X2 I'm on a dry spell for the last 2 weeks (except for 2 Vyx helmets), where before I could get 5-10 pinks during a weekend. And although it can get frustrating at times, all you can do is just keep farming. Luck will hit you eventually.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool :confused:

ya about 1%
    out of the hundreds or sewers runs i never got a pink and then one day three dropped one after the other two from gold finger and one from goby king and since that nothing. so i agree on 1%
    Wordian 66 bear
    > Bedail 65 Bird
    >> Enueena 65 Elf
    >>> Bailit 65 Elf War.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I believe there is no drop rate and this is just the matter of luck...
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    I believe there is no drop rate and this is just the matter of luck...
    There is no spoon

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!