Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game Outage - Pocket Legends is UP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default thanks for explaining it to them..

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    As Jay pointed out, the servers aren't STS property, they belong to Amazon. As for switching, that takes time--time to research, time to move data and, usually the biggest time-taker, time to hash out the contract. Not to mention having to extricate yourself from the contract already in force.
    It isn't easy getting out of a contract but rather difficult... law suits and being sued are expensive and it isn't worth it, because of only a few days of server failure. It is much more cheaper to fix it.... and believe me, much more faster than switching server providers overall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't blame STS for the problems happening in PL tho, Amazon shouldn't haved f'ed up in the first place.... so go flame them^^
    Lvl 50 Mage - Jennave
    Lvl 22 Mage - Ibowtress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not saying switch service providers... u have no clue about what is really going on... lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Love pl hoping amazon fixes everything soon I want to thank them all for working hard at resolving the problem. Although I am going thru withdrawals

Lvl 52-Mage-mishamae

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As the web recov ers from Ama zon’s 24-hour col lapse of its cloud com put ing busi ness — an out age that took pop u lar ser vices like Hoot Suite, Red dit and Foursquare down with it — Sony report ed Fri day morn ing that its PlaySta*tion Net work is down. Some sus pect hack tivist orga ni za tion Anony mous is respon si ble.
    Sony was tar get ed by Anony mous after it filed a law suit against George Hotz, a 21-year-old hack er who unlocked the PlaySta tion 3′s oper at ing sys*tem. In Sony’s orig i nal blog post about Fri day’s out age, the com pa ny men*tioned that an “out side party” might be respon si ble. That post has since been changed.

A recent post on the Anony mous’s Face book Page seems to take cred it for the out age.

“Take a break from online gam ing for a while…..it will help your skills, your health, and your emo tion al lev els, which by the way are a bit out of order if they are being shack led by the PSN being down,” it says. “We have no qualms about our actions, even though it may affect fel low anony mous or sup port ers… we hope they under stand the big ger picture.”

How ev er, the orga ni za tion denies involve ment on its web site, post ing an announce ment with the head line “For Once We Didn’t Do It.”

“While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by them selves, AnonOps was not relat ed to this incident,” it says.

The PlaySta tion out age affects 70 mil lion reg is tered PlaySta tion 3 and PSP users who use the cloud-based net work to access down load able games, movies and other media. They also use it to con nect with other play ers in multi-player games like Call of Duty. In a blog post, Sony said that it might be a full day or two before ser vice is restored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ha

Quote Originally Posted by anezeudacen View Post
    Im not saying switch service providers... u have no clue about what is really going on... lmao
    Well I just assumed that someone went to work high.. hence failure occured on 4/20.. and just didn't e. .do their job.. or hallucinated bears, elfs and birds. And just completely smashed everything out of fear??? But still... are we getting anytype of refund just incase they are unable to fully fix the server issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazon.... Amazon... Rawrrr.... You will pay for this mishap that you bestowed upon us..... Rawrrr .. I swear.... Rawrr... Rawrrr...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcolt View Post
    Well I just assumed that someone went to work high.. hence failure occured on 4/20.. and just didn't e. .do their job.. or hallucinated bears, elfs and birds. And just completely smashed everything out of fear??? But still... are we getting anytype of refund just incase they are unable to fully fix the server issue?
    Iam sure sts will, but as far as we go. Idk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Claritamystic View Post
    As the web recov ers from Ama zon’s 24-hour col lapse of its cloud com put ing busi ness — an out age that took pop u lar ser vices like Hoot Suite, Red dit and Foursquare down with it — Sony report ed Fri day morn ing that its PlaySta*tion Net work is down. Some sus pect hack tivist orga ni za tion Anony mous is respon si ble.
    Sony was tar get ed by Anony mous after it filed a law suit against George Hotz, a 21-year-old hack er who unlocked the PlaySta tion 3′s oper at ing sys*tem. In Sony’s orig i nal blog post about Fri day’s out age, the com pa ny men*tioned that an “out side party” might be respon si ble. That post has since been changed.

A recent post on the Anony mous’s Face book Page seems to take cred it for the out age.

“Take a break from online gam ing for a while…..it will help your skills, your health, and your emo tion al lev els, which by the way are a bit out of order if they are being shack led by the PSN being down,” it says. “We have no qualms about our actions, even though it may affect fel low anony mous or sup port ers… we hope they under stand the big ger picture.”

How ev er, the orga ni za tion denies involve ment on its web site, post ing an announce ment with the head line “For Once We Didn’t Do It.”

“While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by them selves, AnonOps was not relat ed to this incident,” it says.

The PlaySta tion out age affects 70 mil lion reg is tered PlaySta tion 3 and PSP users who use the cloud-based net work to access down load able games, movies and other media. They also use it to con nect with other play ers in multi-player games like Call of Duty. In a blog post, Sony said that it might be a full day or two before ser vice is restored.
    Think you space bars acting up and some of you keys not working

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I just don't gt y ppl keep asking for things in return for the lost time in playing ya it's sad not to b able to play ya we all like playing ya devs did choose amazon but a crash can happen to anyone n I am sure they didn't want or expect things to crash gv them a break they r working on it!! I still love pl n I don't expect anything in return for the crash for me I just love playing n I can only control what is mine to control like PATIENCE!!

Lvl 52-Mage-mishamae

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is officially now...
    I have no life, besides pl..
    Missed it so much passed days, and im continually checking the forum and amazo.
    Hoping for the good news, that the problems are fixed...

positive thinking...and praying, and i admit, being desperate a little bit.

(sorry for my writing, im from the netherlands)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope that it will wait for compensation in the form of Platinum!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

'kay, Amazon. Find the guys responsible for this mess, get them PL accounts and let's take this to PvP.....
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Dear PL players & devs,
    Im sorry to inform you that my GF has confessed to breaking amazons servers. She stated to me during a conversation this morning that she melted them with her mind! Im hoping that because she has come forward and admitted her guilt they will give her a reduced sentence. Sorry for any problems that this may have caused.

TANK
    my wife has the exact same powers.....
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Can u extend the free main spine thing then cause we kinda wasted one day of leveling up

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Basically in non geek speak which I wont go into all the details so that non technical people can understand is that sts could have had the game up lastnight by "moving the game files to a different folder on a different availbility zone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    'kay, Amazon. Find the guys responsible for this mess, get them PL accounts and let's take this to PvP.....

Haha, i vote for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone pointed this out? Is the cause of the server breakdown due to the massive farming of vyxnaar hate helms? Vyxnaar prob said f u all for the last couple of days for stealing my collection of vyxnaar helms... I mean it is the vyxnaar helm of hate.. and he prob hates us for hunting him down so much...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lmao true could be the farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Epic Fail on Amazon's Cloud...

You would think that a web server service that large would have an emergency relay
    system in place to transfer services to another location. This should be mandatory, not
    just for EC2 subscribers.

On the up side, I finally registered today and have been browsing the forums.