Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game Outage - Pocket Legends is UP!

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, back from a day @ the beach and in the 38th hour of outage... I'm totally healed of PL. No really, I don't need my Crown of Persistance, the Enchanted Mega Mage Star Wand, my Sewer Queen Armor or for all my Sentinel Wing. It's soo shiny my armor and green, I kind of miss it. Int-Bird-Ism is the way to go, if I could only do a run. Ya I need a run. C'mon Amazon I neeed myy ruun!! So 38 hours is not enough to heal from PL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazon realy are hard working now to solve it?
    Why there is no progress? Tell me one customer who is back online!
    In the AWS they can write whatever they want. If one customer is back i belief on progress.
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    Where does PL fall?
    PL fell where the Amazon server it uses crash ..

What's wrong with Pocket Legends? Nothing. What's wrong with Amazon? A lot.

P.S. Don't use that I said above unless u give me the credits ^^
    Hello peeps

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    Well, back from a day @ the beach and in the 38th hour of outage... I'm totally healed of PL. No really, I don't need my Crown of Persistance, the Enchanted Mega Mage Star Wand, my Sewer Queen Armor or for all my Sentinel Wing. It's soo shiny my armor and green, I kind of miss it. Int-Bird-Ism is the way to go, if I could only do a run. Ya I need a run. C'mon Amazon I neeed myy ruun!! So 38 hours is not enough to heal from PL...
    Patience! Everyone is trying to get vanity set of PATIENCE so if you're not patient we won't get it and will never pop that balloon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree data centers cost a lot of money, but im sure this game could be run off a 50mb connection on a decent machine(s) at STS headquarters which they probably already have at their office, so there isnt a TOTAL outage.??? I mean the bandwidth required for this game cannot be much larger than 5 KB/sec from each client.. assuming there are 10000 people on at the same time thats 50,000 KB/sec (which i have never seen more than 5000 on at once) these are not exact numbers just speaking theoretically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Need my pl back !!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    A) STS is not 'fing this thing up'. B) Complaining here will do you no good, go complain to Amazon....STS has done a good job of providing updates as they get them from Amazon C) Having backup plans is often very expensive and STS is a small company D) If you can't handle a couple of days with no PL due to something outside their control without saying wonderfully insightful things like "this is retarded", "this is stupid", and "who the he'll is running this thing", you need to get a grip on reality. Not to mention read the explanations of what is going on.
    Ok I will speak in intelligent sentences. Sts should have had a back up plan. Only a company flying by the seat of their pants does not have a back up plan. This decision making makes me wonder what else they have shorted on and will it effect the customer...me? At this point, and maybe like 10 hours ago, sts should have borrowed, begged, or stole money to fire up another server to satisfie, once again I will use this crazy word,the customer. They have not........ Oh they are doing a great job of keeping us updated... geee whip. I am involved with start ups all the time and if a company is not pro active and more reactive they are done! Sts is just that.....re active.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is almost funny to watch how some people say omg maybe they cant afford it ,,,,, Do the math ... number of players ... say only half buy plat ... thats alot of cash in plat .. not to mention the other ways . I aggree it was in no way thier fault that the server went down . And am glad to see that they have all the char info backed up so every 1 isnt backed up to lvl 1 haha . But to say "small company that cant afford " well that just isnt true . Take it from a tech . they are doing just fine lol . wont even add the fact that so many paid for all the maps (( before they went free and got that "awesome" shield )) They are not microsoft by no means but they are not poor . Amizon offered a higher price set up to use east and west cost servers and they decided not to take advantage of this . As far as amizon well is way to easy only weeks after trying to get people to upgrade to multi servers in case 1 crashes ... the server does crash .. haha good scam amizon ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Either amazon got outdated technology or no staff over the holiday. If a bank got something same it will be done in one night. O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    PL fell where the Amazon server it uses crash ..

What's wrong with Pocket Legends? Nothing. What's wrong with Amazon? A lot.

P.S. Don't use that I said above unless u give me the credits ^^

My question is what size customer is PL. And I wouldn't use your stupid saying. How about you let the devs answer my question next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I work for Software as Services co in Australia, one of the lessons we have learnt early, is that you need disaster recovery plan. You need have a back up cloud server provider, even if the main provider is an IT giant like Amazon. The time for us to switch to provider 2 is like 10 min at max if provider 1 went down.
    Last edited by Smartress; 04-22-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Smartress - Level 55 Enchantress
    Superwise - Level 47 Archer
    Swordpanda - Level 53 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Thank you for keeping folks informed. Hail PL- shame on Amazon Cloud Systems. Loking forward for my Crown of Patience!
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smartress View Post
    I work for Software as Services co in Australia, one of the lessons we have learnt early, is that you need disaster recovery plan. You need have a back up cloud server provider, even if the main provider is an IT giant like Amazon. The time for us to switch to provider 2 is like 10 min at max if provider 1 went down.
    My point exactly thank you Smartress.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sayarn View Post
    It is almost funny to watch how some people say omg maybe they cant afford it ,,,,, Do the math ... number of players ... say only half buy plat ... thats alot of cash in plat .. not to mention the other ways . I aggree it was in no way thier fault that the server went down . And am glad to see that they have all the char info backed up so every 1 isnt backed up to lvl 1 haha . But to say "small company that cant afford " well that just isnt true . Take it from a tech . they are doing just fine lol . wont even add the fact that so many paid for all the maps (( before they went free and got that "awesome" shield )) They are not microsoft by no means but they are not poor . Amizon offered a higher price se
    t up to use east and west cost servers and they decided not to take advantage of this . As far as amizon well is way to
    easy only weeks after trying to get people to upgrade to multi servers in case 1 crashes ... the server does crash .. haha
    good scam amizon ....
    again ...my point exactly.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

been waiting a long time, I hope it gets back up by the end of today...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My four year old is more patient then most of you. And hes already asking if its almost time for Christmas again.
    IGN- Deathinjector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anything Amazon should have had the East cloud and the West cloud mirrored, so if there was a site crash the other site would be able to balance the load, even if its on the other coast and the ping would be higher it would still work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow...well if we are all using the logic above then shame on STS for not having a backup and more than that....they should have gotten a back up to their backup!
    People...chill!
    STS is a small company that delivers a big product.
    They used what is considered a reliable company to deliver their product.
    It failed... its not the end of the world and it is no reflection on STS.
    Last edited by karmakali; 04-22-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Booooo Amazon, ty for ruin my holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has nothing to do with patience, even if the game is down all night or all weekend it does not matter to me. It just questions how loyal STS is to us the customer. They do a great job, and the game is a hit, but I guess I just expected more from a customer service type position from them.