Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My romantic dilemma

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Red,

From personal experience, I don't really know. I started dating my friend and we broke up and became best friends. Then we were friends with "benefits" for awhile / dating for awhile, and now we are just good friends. A romantic dilemma with your friend might mess up what you have already, so always take that into consideration. You don't want to hurt her even more, but you have that potential to make your relationship even better.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    All great advice. I haven't spoken to her since last night and it really sucks but I just wanna give her space. She always ends up looking for me so I'm just waiting on it. They may have worked things out, or they might not have. I have no idea and it's killing me right now -_-

I'm really considering just not pursuing her anymore and meeting someone else when I go away to school in September. The wait in between is going to suck majorly, but it seems like the beat solution. Maybe in the future we might cross paths and something might come out of it. The thought of nothing happening just really makes my heart ache, but some things just can't be helped
    Red, personally I think you're a great guy(no homo) from my experience playing with you in PL. The decision is completely yours and if complications occur then they just do. It's not your fault if your decision upsets one or both people in this occasion. If things don't work out then that's not your fault. Sh** happens and sometimes there is nothing we can do about it. However, if you let her go, there may be a chance that you will never see her again and she may never know how you truly feel. The decision is yours and I will try not to make it biased based on this post, but take heed at the circumstances.
    Last edited by Potawto; 04-25-2011 at 04:53 PM.

the lottery system looks like a gamble... punny funny!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Red,

From personal experience, I don't really know. I started dating my friend and we broke up and became best friends. Then we were friends with "benefits" for awhile / dating for awhile, and now we are just good friends. A romantic dilemma with your friend might mess up what you have already, so always take that into consideration. You don't want to hurt her even more, but you have that potential to make your relationship even better.
    **** IGNORE THIS ****** Advice from a female right now is gonna get you in deeper.

Cut this off at the source, avoid her at all costs. Trust me on this.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Red,

Lol I've been in that situation too with the same end result. I'm just gonna wait till I get the news on what happened last night before deciding on what move to make. And thanks potawtwo, I pretty set on telling her but idk how to even go about it..

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    **** IGNORE THIS ****** Advice from a female right now is gonna get you in deeper.

Cut this off at the source, avoid her at all costs. Trust me on this.
    Lol, Fluff. Understandable. I just want Red to be happy and not regret his choices.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Telling her how you feel is important i think. If you dont then that regret would always be there. Also if you stall, then it will be harder for you having to bear with the wait and only thing you would do is hope for something to happen or change. Hope can be a real pain sometimes. How to tell her - a lil booze helps :P. If things go great then awesome. If not you can say that your minds all messed up with some things and you got confused. Take a few days, and with the knowledge that shes only gonna be friends with you, you will understand whether you really thought of her as a friend or were friends only cause you liked her. Also, the girl gets time to think over too and maybe she comes back with a positive response. Thats just what i think. Sorry if you felt it was a lil blunt, I tend to be like that sometimes. Good luck with whatever you decide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Haha I'm flattered that your first post was on my thread but thanks! And I'm pretty sure alcohol will play a part in my confession haha. NOTE: alcohol is not the best direction for a false confidence boost especially if you're underage (I'm of age don't worry )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Haha I'm flattered that your first post was on my thread but thanks! And I'm pretty sure alcohol will play a part in my confession haha. NOTE: alcohol is not the best direction for a false confidence boost especially if you're underage (I'm of age don't worry )
    Alcohol is not a good way of getting over lack of confidence bro. I know it messed up a lot in my life and it took a lot more to fix what it did. A fair warning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ask yourself, is it lust. Or do you truly like her? That's what I do every time I fall for a friend. If it's lust. Ignore it, no matter how hard it is. It just isn't worth it in the end.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

There's noooo way it could be lust, because I never felt like this over her. I'm most certain it isn't, although I'd prefer it was since it wouldve made the situation so much easier to get over it. And yea stomp I know what you mean, but at times it seems to be the only way for me since I'm no good at facing situations head on. I've had my run ins with alcohol and it wasn't pretty (alc. Poisoning; brink of death.) I'm more careful about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

There's noooo way it could be lust, because I never felt like this over her. I'm most certain it isn't, although I'd prefer it was since it wouldve made the situation so much easier to get over it. And yea stomp I know what you mean, but at times it seems to be the only way for me since I'm no good at facing situations head on. I've had my run ins with alcohol and it wasn't pretty (alc. Poisoning; brink of death.) I'm more careful about it
    Yeah, usually the way I identify and differ between the two is, whenever I see her. If I focus almost always on her physical features and not interested in her personality. Then it's definitely lust for me. But, to me it sounds like you truly like this girl. I'd say go for it. Even if you lose the friendship in the end, because... A few years from now, you will be wondering, "What if I went through with it..." In my experience, friendships have always been mendable. No matter how bad the situation was.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Yeah, usually the way I identify and differ between the two is, whenever I see her. If I focus almost always on her physical features and not interested in her personality. Then it's definitely lust for me. But, to me it sounds like you truly like this girl. I'd say go for it. Even if you lose the friendship in the end, because... A few years from now, you will be wondering, "What if I went through with it..." In my experience, friendships have always been mendable. No matter how bad the situation was.
    You're absolutely right. I have faith in our friendship so if this fails then I'm sure we'll get back on track in the future. I'm gonna do it, just waiting for the right chance. THANK YOU everyone for all of your advice it played a heavy role on my final decision. Wish ms luck! I'll update in this thread when I am and have gone through with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're absolutely right. I have faith in our friendship so if this fails then I'm sure we'll get back on track in the future. I'm gonna do it, just waiting for the right chance. THANK YOU everyone for all of your advice it played a heavy role on my final decision. Wish ms luck! I'll update in this thread when I am and have gone through with it.
    We're rooting for you in the stands .

the lottery system looks like a gamble... punny funny!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quick and possibly final update:

I guess they worked things out. I started ignoring her calls and messages and I finally replied saying that idk how else to react to the whole situation. I saw er cry and was available at all times for days during this whole mess, but all it took for that guy was a few words, while still acting the victim. She says it's been 6 months (mind you they've never been going out at all during this time period) so it must mean something. She says she doesn't wanna lose him so whatever. Hope he can fill in my shoes cause she lost me.

No I didn't have a chance to express my feelings to her; at this point it seemed futile.

Thanks for the support and advice everyone. If she wasn't so dense then i could've put it all to good use.. Sorry for wasting anyone's time :\ I won't Be in game for a while, and if I am it'll be for short instances. Again, thanks everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I wish there was a hug emote You know, unfortunately, some people just need to be treated poorly in relationships (my sibling is like this) and no matter how wonderful they are and how much YOU can see their value and worth, they can't see it and choose people who affirm that they aren't worthy of being loved well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to hear that bro. Some girls cant see straight. Take care man. Many people out here if you ever need to talk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quick and possibly final update:

I guess they worked things out. I started ignoring her calls and messages and I finally replied saying that idk how else to react to the whole situation. I saw er cry and was available at all times for days during this whole mess, but all it took for that guy was a few words, while still acting the victim. She says it's been 6 months (mind you they've never been going out at all during this time period) so it must mean something. She says she doesn't wanna lose him so whatever. Hope he can fill in my shoes cause she lost me.

No I didn't have a chance to express my feelings to her; at this point it seemed futile.

Thanks for the support and advice everyone. If she wasn't so dense then i could've put it all to good use.. Sorry for wasting anyone's time :\ I won't Be in game for a while, and if I am it'll be for short instances. Again, thanks everyone
    Clearly fate is saving a cracker for you, I just wish my daughter was older, as you sound like great son-in-law material.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Thanks guys and gals, hopefully someday she'll come to her senses or he doesn't hurt her anymore. Thanks red haha no ones ever said anything like that to me before it cheered me up . Hey maybe I'll get lucky and find someone soon. It's been over a year for me and it's sucked a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thanks guys and gals, hopefully someday she'll come to her senses or he doesn't hurt her anymore. Thanks red haha no ones ever said anything like that to me before it cheered me up . Hey maybe I'll get lucky and find someone soon. It's been over a year for me and it's sucked a lot
    Well, I don't think you should have went for her anyway. Especially if she came drunk. Alcohol really screws you up. Lmao, I registered on my email drunk, it screwed up. Anyway, GL, and make sure your soulmate likes PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

this is exactly what is happening to me