Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Event Level Adjusment

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,198 Posts

The 'GCD' or 'Global Cool-Down' was introduced in the early phase of Pocket Legends - but after several months without it. You'll notice when you use an ability that all of your abilities cool-down (become unavailable) for a short period of time. It wasn't always like this! Back when we first launched the game you could spam all of your skills at the same instant. It was stupid - a silly design oversight that needed to be changed in order for the game to live a healthy life. So we added the 'GCD' ...and all hell broke loose. Players did not like going from a scenario where you could just place your hand on all of your skills and fire them instantly to a system where you had to play one skill after the other. It ranks as the #1 controversy in PL history.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Your dying over and over because the 105s are there. The mobs scale to the highest level, so if 1 105, and many -85 all mobs are 100+ with only 1 person able to do damage, and stay alive. If you were in a map with all 85s you wouldn't have such a hard time. I solo killed to about 9k points on a 2x daily blessing in roughly 4 hours. (85 mage QTR stat weapon) and only died a couple times at first with bosses because I wasn't being careful.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Thank you, that explains a lot, why suddenly it gets so hard to kill those skeletons!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The 'GCD' or 'Global Cool-Down' was introduced in the early phase of Pocket Legends - but after several months without it. You'll notice when you use an ability that all of your abilities cool-down (become unavailable) for a short period of time. It wasn't always like this! Back when we first launched the game you could spam all of your skills at the same instant. It was stupid - a silly design oversight that needed to be changed in order for the game to live a healthy life. So we added the 'GCD' ...and all hell broke loose. Players did not like going from a scenario where you could just place your hand on all of your skills and fire them instantly to a system where you had to play one skill after the other. It ranks as the #1 controversy in PL history.
    I was in the minority. I actually liked GCD and thought it made pvp much more skillful than the spamfest it was before that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Unless you get jealous of one low lvl is there in ur team or barely u need to leave cause of lots low lvl cant run smoothly, it's easy as water to score now.
    Mobs follow distance was increased and that's for a good reason.

Gathering so many mobs and killing em together is fun and as said takes way much less time to finish as intended, to be team friendly.
    Last edited by Waug; 08-10-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Now I understand when you mentioned this gold loot pick up system is GCD all over again.

Give it time players will get used to it hopefully and embrace the change for the better.

I'm loving it. The gold pop is beautiful and gives you excitement knowing you looted something, then its fun seeing the amount of gold you received. And you glow a red aura when you collect the gold loot.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-11-2018 at 12:53 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Pretty cool nostalgia here!

I remember way back in 2011 or so, when the Alien Oasis blizzard sticks had an insane 0.5 auto speed. The speed of a dagger at a distance. Loved it lol. These were remnants of PL's speedy spamfest days lol.

Happy that balance is the priority nowadays though !!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post: