Thread: Guns vs Staff

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    I was testing different builds based on the Dps vs Dmg Thread and I come to see that guns and staff of same level and make have different dps stat as well as different dps to dmg ratio.

I would like to know the reason for guns having a lower dps value, which impacts its dmg attribute as well. Is this the reason people prefer staffs over guns? And can this be balanced in next patch or expansion?

Even after reducing the gap staffs deliver 6% higher skill damage than guns.
    I am curious to know why staffs are kept with higher damage? Why a spread damage weapon is equipped with higher damage compare to a single target weapon? Why they cannot be balanced?
    I am in no position to put forward an opinion as I have not yet done enough testing but I am curious about this topic.

Your issue is that staff hits multiple targets (spread damage) and gun is a single target hitter and that skill-damage for staffs is higher than in guns.

But I see no relation between a multiple-target hitting basic attack of a staff mage and skill damage - the number of targets a skill hits is equal for all mages (gun mages and staff mages). It is only in basic attacks that the number of targets differs between gun and staff.

That being said, I am also curious if the basic-attack damage of guns is higher than that of staff. If it is so and guns being auto-aim, I guess things are fine as they are but if basic attacks of staffs are higher, this needs to be explored.
    Last edited by V i o l e t; 12-10-2018 at 05:09 AM.