Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other mages encounter booting for not using plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, he's on my friends list too recently. Many runs with my bird, nice guy and nothing like that happened. Sad to see this coming out of him. Don't boot my mage bud because i'll NEVER use plat to revive.

In my games, i always tell those that died at boss when boss is about dying to stay put for the drop. Wouldn't want anyone in my party to miss out on the drops after fighting by my side (god i love this banana! )
    Last edited by Genes; 05-08-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok...:O" wt i cn do next time is vote to boot and let ppl think shd i boot or na...:O" i think tht will better fair rite..."?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Booting someone for not using plat is wrong. Period. Not to mention that AttackElf is one of the best mages in the game, and has been around a long time. There is no need to even vote on whether to boot someone because they won't use plat....just don't do it.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mangoboyyy123 View Post
    sorry then. me and my fds all spent a few plats to respawn at tht time. i jus dnt want ppl lootin pinks widout hlpin. ok, tell me wt u feel when a guy died, not respawnin and he got a pink at last. ofc u guys also feel pretty unfair cus u and ur teamm8s spent cash to respawn on it.
    That's nice that you and your friends bought respawns but it's unfair to expect someone else to do the same and then punish then for not doing it by booting them.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This thread makes me feel lucky to have friends that wouldn't boot me even if I lay dead for the entire run!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

im sugar. i knw u were the only mage at tht time. the hp of gold fever had at least 1/2 remain and u actually hv enuf time to respwan and come bk again. Me and my fds used at least 2-3plats to respawn when u were down. So i jus dnt want ppl lootin pinks widout helpin. u said u were laggin, ok! i hv waited over 30sec. i did my job. Thts y i said buy plat(means ask u to respawn) as the bootin reason and i saw ur character sometime busy and sometimes not busy durin the time. so i cn pretty sure u were fixin sth and not laggin. thts all.
    Look, I don't want this to turn into a flame war.

It's possible that when I died, I saw an hp bar at a different point that you did due to my ping spike.

I did check the builds of all of the survivors, which is why you saw me as "busy". The reason is because I was estimating whether I could run back in time (you can usually get a good idea of how much damage they are outputting based off of their builds). I concluded the answer to be no I couldn't so I stayed down. Furthermore I don't think that you were doing your job; there were 2 bears and 2 birds. I ended up holding the aggro. In theory, either the bears through taunt or perhaps the birds through their superior damage output to a single target should have received aggro. The fact that I held aggro for a sustained period of time suggests that no, the team was not coordinating effectively and hence, you were not doing your job.

Regardless, your booting me was totally unjustified under the circumstances. Even if I was not able to contribute for the remaining 20-50% of the boss fight, I completed the entire run otherwise with you. I'm willing to put this behind me. I don't mean to pick on you. In fact, the only reason why I put this thread up was to draw attention to the issue for the community and devs, particularly since there have been other incidents like this one (or so I have been told).
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 05-09-2011 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Awww. Sorry bout that attackelf..
    PL: Anglfyr - Lvl66 [Enchantress]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok tell me is it fair if gt the pink? u were the only mage and we kept usin plats to respawn when u were down. so dnt tell me its fair if the u loot a pink widout healin + rev + hlping while u were laggin(as u said) and the boss was like 1/2hp left at tht moment and i wont boot ppl at the last 10%hp, cus they ran 90% of the game wid me and helped pretty much. so the mainly reason i boot u is cus its na fair to those players(include me) which used cash on it to respawn and boss was 1/2 hp left. ok end this topic. so if it happen agn next time, ill ask jus for the other players and see if i shd boot the player cus of not respawnin while the boss has more than 10% hp.
    Last edited by mangoboyyy123; 05-09-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Booting someone for not using plat is wrong. Period. Not to mention that AttackElf is one of the best mages in the game, and has been around a long time. There is no need to even vote on whether to boot someone because they won't use plat....just don't do it.
    i dnt abt the best mages or what, cus its stil a player. wt i knw is me and my fds kept usin pots to surive and plats to respawn while he was down and he(the mage) didnt even use one cent to respawn. so it will b pretty unfair if he loot a pink. wt he can do is respawn and come bk. he shd knw the risk when the party begins, cus he was the only mage in tht run. as i said "i wont boot ppl at the last 10%hp, cus they ran 90% of the game wid me and helped pretty much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok end this topic. so if it happen agn next time, ill jus ask for the other players and see if i shd boot the player cus of not respawnin while the boss has more than 10%hp. i think this will b the right method.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

His names are:
    Sugarboylol
    Playboylol
    and one other i cant think of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpgskill View Post
    His names are:
    Sugarboylol
    Playboylol
    and one other i cant think of
    Common buddy, this is not really necessary IMO. Both attackelf and himself sound very reasonable, I don't see a reason to post all his names here for this 1 slip-up it's not like he's being like this on a regular basis or anything. I know, cause he runs a lot with me

Anyway, the way I see it, this is more a problem of the plat revive than anything else. I can understand both attackelf and sugarboy's reactions in this case. I'm not saying it's right to boot with the reason he gave, no, it's even way wrong. But you know how things can get heated sometimes, and people get booted for the most ridiculous reasons. the way I see it, I think sugarboy definitely learned his lesson. Can't we all just leave that behind us now?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PLAT IS FREAKING REAL LIFE MONEY WHAT KIND OF MONKEY IS he?
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

ok tell me is it fair if gt the pink? u were the only mage and we kept usin plats to respawn when u were down. so dnt tell me its fair if the u loot a pink widout healin + rev + hlping while u were laggin(as u said) and the boss was like 1/2hp left at tht moment and i wont boot ppl at the last 10%hp, cus they ran 90% of the game wid me and helped pretty much. so the mainly reason i boot u is cus its na fair to those players(include me) which used cash on it to respawn and boss was 1/2 hp left. ok end this topic. so if it happen agn next time, ill ask jus for the other players and see if i shd boot the player cus of not respawnin while the boss has more than 10% hp.
    This whole post contradicts itself. You say u won't boot if life is at 10% cause they ran 90% of the run they were there 95%of the run just getting to the boss. Don't make since bro. And just because u bought plat don't mean everyone else has too. "Just because you jumped off the bridge, doesn't mean I have too".

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rief View Post
    This whole post contradicts itself. You say u won't boot if life is at 10% cause they ran 90% of the run they were there 95%of the run just getting to the boss. Don't make since bro. And just because u bought plat don't mean everyone else has too. "Just because you jumped off the bridge, doesn't mean I have too".
    i mean the percentage hp of goldfever when its lower than 10%, i wont boot. but if the goldfever hp bar is above 10% and the player is na respawnin and jus waitin for pinks. then ill boot. (depends on wt situation, if there r more than 3 birds. then u dnt hv to respwan and run again(when there r no mage) cus we will kill fast. no reason for u to respawn and run bk cus goldfever is aldy dead at tht time. ill only boot the ppl who r na respwanin when they hv enuf time to respawn and run bk to kill it.
    Last edited by mangoboyyy123; 05-09-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I'm sorry Jay, and this is my last post on this thread no matter what anyone else may say, but this is so beyond LAME and his line of thinking is immature and flat out stupid. I have never booted someone for not using an option that requires real-life money. It is wrong, it is shady, and will be deleted from friends list ASAP and earn a perma-boot from any game of mine.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Meh. Just don't run with the guy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I don't care how any other people spend their own plat. I can see when people use plat to respawn and I'm glad about it.
    However, I would NEVER EVER tell anyone else how to use their plat and then when they don't use it the way I want them to use it, punish them for it.
    That would definitely be someone I do not play with.

I think it's a personal decision and this is a game. I KNOW there are people out there who do not boot for how you spend your plat and do not boot because you got the pink drop. So I'll go play with them.

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Spending a plat to revive oneself is an optional luxury. It's no different than when I used to spend gold on Warrior elixirs to speed up the game. I have never expected the same from my teammates, friend or random player in a PUG. After burning all that gold on pots, do I feel self-entitlement that a valuable pink goes to another player? Absolutely not! I might feel envious towards the lucky player, but that's just the way the game rolls.

The second issue here is whether the booted player was a leech and justified to be booted. After hearing both sides, it's evident that AttackElf played the whole map with the team and contributed to get the boss down to around 50%. Notwithstanding a breakdown in communication over his lag, his efforts were a reasonable contriubtion to get that far into the game. Contrast that to a player walking into a game where you've just cleared the map, joins you at the boss, dies and waits while you finish it off. Not very chivalry? Not at all, but not in this case. AttackElf was wrongfully booted.

Hindsight being 20/20 there are a couple of things that can be done in the future to play out that scenario amicably: 1. Communicate with the downed player; 2. Stop/slow down the boss battle while the mage walks back to revive the rest of the teammates.

I respect and have played with both players many times before and would be happy to continue to do so in the future. I hope others can learn their experience and not let it become a pattern. Otherwise, self-entitlement beliefs should be played in a locked game.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Common buddy, this is not really necessary IMO. Both attackelf and himself sound very reasonable, I don't see a reason to post all his names here for this 1 slip-up it's not like he's being like this on a regular basis or anything. I know, cause he runs a lot with me

Anyway, the way I see it, this is more a problem of the plat revive than anything else. I can understand both attackelf and sugarboy's reactions in this case. I'm not saying it's right to boot with the reason he gave, no, it's even way wrong. But you know how things can get heated sometimes, and people get booted for the most ridiculous reasons. the way I see it, I think sugarboy definitely learned his lesson. Can't we all just leave that behind us now?
    He hasn't learned his lesson because he's still saying he's going to boot for not using plat. I'm glad he posted his alts because I'm deleting him from my friends list (i think I friends with his playboy alt). If he didn't want his name spread around he shouldn't be booting people for not spending plat or at least apologize and say he made a mistake and won't do it again. He's not saying that he's saying he's going to stop in the middle of a boss fight and take a vote on whether or not the dead person should be booted.