Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Booting these daysXD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To be booted could be a funny experience. Some days ago I entered first time CTK with my new bear (lev 43), choosing a game with only one player. He booted me with reason "too low", and I agree... but he was a 43 too! I cannot avoid to smile alone every time I rethink the whole thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    To be booted could be a funny experience. Some days ago I entered first time CTK with my new bear (lev 43), choosing a game with only one player. He booted me with reason "too low", and I agree... but he was a 43 too! I cannot avoid to smile alone every time I rethink the whole thing.
    Thats true.. Like in sewer i get booted many times "too low" reason and group is full lvl55. I think ppl not know that lvl56 is not super mega ultimate strong. I host some runs in sewer and i have full group lvl 50-53 and we make absolutly fast runs and we have so fun.. Dont know why ppl nowdays look too much numbers in charagter stats or lvls.. Maybe im wrong but i like to give a chanche to survive. Is there challenge if allways full group 55-56?? i think its go boring..

Before write here something against me...this is just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    I think hosts have too much power, they should be allowed to boot but when they give a reason, you should let the other members of the party vote on whether it is valid or not.
    Tonight I got booted from an ignorant person jus because I said my opinion was that dex mages eventually get overpowered by nuke mages
    Looks like she exploded at me lol
    What ????? Im sorry. But this was completely nonsense what u sayed. Dexmages do buffed constant crits on u and the base spelldmg is near the same. As well he got a much higher weaponrange!

Ok. Not a bootreason, in my opinion. But u have no expirience to talk about pvp.

Have fun,
    Faw
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have another nice bootreason. My name is beerwarrior (my second character), i must say the name is not really normal but a guy named 'Camster-fnord' booted me with this reason: Weird name, again. (this was the second time he booted me because i have a weird name apperantly). I think hosts these days feel incredible powerfull and just kick people because it makes them happy (in their pants). So plz the voting idea for the party is a great idea.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
    I have another nice bootreason. My name is beerwarrior (my second character), i must say the name is not really normal but a guy named 'Camster-fnord' booted me with this reason: Weird name, again. (this was the second time he booted me because i have a weird name apperantly). I think hosts these days feel incredible powerfull and just kick people because it makes them happy (in their pants). So plz the voting idea for the party is a great idea.
    This would turn a quick BS run into a senate meeting, where each party would have to state their side and opinion and cast a ballot... Seriously, I would hate that! Not to mention all it would do is cause the host to create a false reason for booting people that you couldn't verify until it's too late (he was beggin me for gold, he cursed me in pm, it's my brother and we don't play well together). Seems like way too much, hosts boot you either deal with it or only play in maps that you created.

P.S. Beerwarrior is an epic name, but think about the kids... what about the kids?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a new one from Slushie (Slush on the forum?) today with a rather interesting reason. Doing my random runs, ran a game with him, revived him a couple of times because he kept dying, then joined the next game and got booted with the reason

"One minute you are in, the next you are out" (i thought that was familiar with Tyra Banks on America's next top model...Lmao)

Boot came about when a pally with full fury came in while my 55 pally is not in her full fury. Seems like a nice guy in the forum but very commanding and behaves like a true snob ingame. This forum can be so deceiving... LOL. Oh, and slushie, note who you join next time because you have been in my games before while i was running in my bird.... karma...can be... Very real... LOL
    Last edited by Genes; 05-09-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial-legend View Post
    ROFLOLMFAO... sry but i rly think u deserve it
    massive tool
    Icantspel - 55 Fury ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Got one last night. Didn't get PO'd. I just ignored.

Joined someone I thought was a friend with yet another alt. Did not say who I was: Level 26 dex archer w/ hidden 2H weapon.
    Friend was with a level 18, who kept yelling to boot me the 2nd I joined. So he did w/ reason friends only.

I found myself a nice new friend, who stuck with me through several DC's, etc. I need to remember to reward that guy. I love love persistence and loyalty.

Boot didn't bother me. I did ignore that lowbie guy though. I'm guessing they were friends but still... group was at 4 for a long time, so they had space.
    Don't think I have a problem with boots. Just tells me who the people are that I'm not sure I like.

Star light, star bright...