Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite awakens are a scam

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    I have come to the realisation that this game is a complete scam.
    Well its pay to win. They're pretty obvious about it, and make no efforts to hide it or convince players otherwise.

As far as spending goes, its never really worth the money to awaken anything, nor spend plat to open chests. Too much randomness both with awakens and chests. Just on awakens alone I count a possible 101 options at each tier, so trying to get a specific combination on the ring would be:

1 in 101 chance of getting the first
    1 in 10,201 chance of getting the second
    1 in 1,030,301 chance of getting the third
    1 in 104,060,401 chance of getting the fourth

Some state lotteries have better chances than that to win the jackpot, so there's that. Probably not *exact* math chances but you get the idea.

It *is* profitable to instead buy up elite gems with plat or gold on sale, then sell them on the AH when the price is right. Its also worth it to buy chests on the cheap, sit on them for awhile then resell them for more. After some years of playing I think I've opened maybe one plat chest, then quickly realized my folly when I could just buy the precise item I wanted from the AH that was 'good enough' for my needs.

If you realize you'll never get the perfect gear rolls, as long as you're content with that then you'll enjoy the game.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deezey For This Useful Post: