Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] List of Improvements We'd Like to See in Arcane Legends (v. 2.0)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PvP balance suggestions

Elaborating on extra skill slot, I think allowing 5 skills to be mapped at once would benefit mages and warriors the most. Rogue cooldowns are too short to capitalise on a 5th skill slot, although they would be able to utilise noxious bolt and razor shield at once, this isn’t a game changer. Mages desperately need a 5th skill slot as rogue damage has climbed so high that mages require gale force and arcane shield skills to survive just one aimed shot. Not to mention lifegiver is a given in terms of skills trained for pvp. With a fifth skill slot, mages could use 2 attack skills and 3 utility skills which gives a much better balance of damage dealt, support given, and defence. Warriors would also benefit by being able to use vengeful blood and juggernaut at one time, or an extra attack skill such as chest splitter for feeble; this would also contribute to balancing out the additional damage added so that people aren’t overwhelmed. The alternative would be to bring back skill switching, which I absolutely loved

Make pvp active again:

Currently, pvp has become something that has to be organised via external telecommunications such as Facebook in order to have a full and fair 4vs4 or 5vs5 room, and that’s at one of the most active brackets. I remember 5+ rooms in CTF and TDM respectively being filled and each class was well balanced in terms of their strengths and weaknesses. I believe part of the reason it is inactive now is because the level is so stretched out that everyone is playing at different levels. I’m unsure how realistic this idea is, but maybe create a balancing system where, regardless of level, gear is balanced out (e.g level 60 balanced blunderbuss of wisdom gives user same DPS as level 31 runic flare). Procs and other stats such as armor or crit are balanced to one level in PvP but respective of the items existing stats, and all players have a separate spec for PvP (fixed 70 points regardless of level). Players could choose what level they wish to be based on the gear at certain levels. As a result, an interesting dynamic of defence focussed warriors or DPS focussed mages etc. would be created and form an unknown factor which I think the current pvp stage is missing. In turn, most players would level up to the cap in order to have access to gear from all levels. This would benefit both pve and pvp for all players, and I also believe such a drastic revamp would encourage retired players to make a return, as well as encourage new players to enjoy the arcane legends pvp experience more.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElementAL For This Useful Post: