Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
I love the concept of a new quest line to make a set obtainable in this current campaign.

I do however, suggest that the rarity of the set be of Legendary (pink) or of Epic (Purple). Reason being, these sets are still desirable and will help you enjoy the campaign, whilst keeping the more desired sets Mythic and Elites harder to obtain and allow the community to continue to want to farm and spend platinum on the game.

If all we need to do this cap is to level up to 110, do a quest line and automatically be awarded the best set on game. How will this encourage the need to farm?

Once all pvpers get their Mythic sets through the quest line, will they farm anymore?
Farmers will complete the set and what want to farm Elite rarity items? farm to craft the sets into vanity items? or farm for the rare vanity Admiral Service Dress and Admiral Dinner Dress?

The amount of the best end game sets will saturate the market, and players will create new alts to complete the quest again. But I do not feel the best set on game should be easily obtainable from a quest line alone.
No one is saying the quest should be easy to obtain mythics. Cyber took me weeks on end of constant grinding and farming was a bonus of questing. I started playing PL at a young age so I didn’t have access to platinum at the time, but since the cyber set was pretty much toe-to-toe equal to the rare dropping AO3 sets at the time, I quested my heart out for that cyber. That being said, leaving the drop rate low for mythics on the f2p side whilst also allowing a super long quest line to obtain the mythics would encourage more f2p gameplay. Newer players can easily be discouraged by high prices of in game items, especially when the current player base consists of players who have been playing for over a year now. Cinco could easily make the quest take months on end to complete—which goes with what his original plan intended for 110.