Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanda Renee View Post
I always preferred my staff but kinda felt out of place since every other mage I run with brandished wands.
That is the reason I wrote this guide. Very few people at high levels use staves. After I learned to use one, I got to thinking maybe it was not because wands were "better," but just because people felt "safer". That is not the case, as I think my numbers show. It just takes a little dedication!

Quote Originally Posted by Uepauke View Post
I think I will always love shielding up and wading into the thick, so my wand and bracer will come out for mob kills unless I'm with an established team
Don't get me wrong, wands do have their places. They are great for light tanking, or for a more relaxed run. Also, for solo play in Sewers (Daily quests), or if your team ends up going 4 different ways leaving you all alone ("zomg! get back here pfft!"), you wand a wand / bracer. I am in fact testing different wand configurations, and will soon craft an enchanted wand set, for these purposes. But NOTHING beats a staff for straight up killing. It will remain my first love.