Thread: Archer build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caninusi View Post
    Finally, my thoughts on moogerfooger's posts. As you mentioned, it comes down to what the individual likes and I agree. You did note that the damage an archer can deal makes up for being a bit fragile. In my opinion, what's the point of dealing high damage if I'm going to have some trouble staying alive?? Here is where I go back to the str/dex build where yes, my damage dealing will not be as great, but I'll have the health, dodge, and armor to keep me alive.

Thanks again for your opinions.
    Since you have singled me out and seem to want to debate it further.....I have no trouble staying alive, and I often lead the party or am near the front. Skill, man, skill. Oh, and I go through a ton of health pots. I occasionally eat it from being careless around a fire trap or from a huge mob from an overaggressive roundup, but rarely from mobs/bosses.

I COULD say, as a hypothetical analogy, Str birds, or partially Str birds, are like a 3-series BMW...sure they are nice, perform all right, and have some good all around characteristics. Pure dex is the Ferrarri with a tricky clutch, narrow power band, and is tough to drive sometimes....but if you can handle it, why would you want to drive the 3-series?

Enjoy your 3-series (I kid, I kid....back to the personal preference/preferred style of play for each individual...this is just mine).

If you ask anyone who has ever played with me, they will vouch for me a) leading/charging Physiologic-style and b) not dying much playing from the front.

p.s. excellent post from Adwin right above me...another excellent archer.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-19-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage