Page 107 of 204 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

You guys are around 11? Add HunnySnipet we can team. Was hating the game cause it couldnt find a team.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    You guys are around 11? Add HunnySnipet we can team. Was hating the game cause it couldnt find a team.
    Ok, sounds good. I'm going to remake my monk into a bear. Dunno if I should keep him and make my bear character, Venetian or delete herculean (monk) and rename him as a bear.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol they're not bears

Btw, monks and archers make a surprisingly good team bc of arrow of faith. Still running out of mana way too fast tho :/

Will have to see whether I want to go back to my lvl 25 archer or stick with the monk for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    You can start again.. By helping me with my frost build!
    EDIT: Here is the level 38 version
    This is what I think should be the minimum you should have at level 48. Only put points in Shockwave AFTER you have gotten Stone Armor, unless you prefer running around back and forth on groups of mobs (2-3). I would advise to put it after you have gotten permafrost as well but it is up to you.

My AoE rotation with that build is to (with energy shield up), pop (activate) Stone Armor, gather mobs (4-6), drop Permafrost, Shockwave, Frost blast, run outside the permafrost area of effect. From here on out you can choose to do another Shockwave to kill of anything the doesn't die out from the Permafrost, or if you are above level 48 and have Ice Meteor, you can use that to finish them off. Keep in mind that using Shockwave often is very mana consuming hence I would think that gather 4-6 or even 8 mobs at once is an efficient number if you keep doing this rotation.

My Single target rotation is Frost Bolt -> Fireball -> Frost Bolt -> Rock Spine -> If still alive, Fireball / Frost Bolt depending on HP.

If I want to be a bit flashy, Frost Bolt -> Water Prison -> Frost Bolt -> Fireball -> Rock Spine.

Based on my recent Fire tree experience, fire seems to be tuned vs single target, wheres frost seems to be for AoE. With fire, I open with Frost Bolt -> Fireball -> Rock Spine -> Cyclone (full talented with 100% crit vs mobs which are burning). Mob dead. Works with those elite level 58 bloodsuckers.. XD
    Last edited by shmoo; 05-29-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added level 38 version
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gave up on my monk at level 4. My Mage I got to level 10 quickly, then remade him in my main account because I decided to keep him and deleted the monk. Warrior and archer are the fastest to level up, IMO. I got Cleave early on my warrior, and I was never afraid to go toe to toe with a mob of two or three even at lower levels. Archer is squishier, but it's great one on one. Not so much fun when mobs respawn where you stand, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

When i do actually play haha, i have a BLAST on my military monk, i don't use arrow much, mostly just my melee attacks, and i shred mobs very quickly, i'm only at level 18, (due to school and PL ) and i still don't play a lot right now, but soon ill be more active IG, and be working to rebuild my guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went and made a test hybrid mili-divine monk build. What I am thinking is that it will be divine levelling and mage gear until I get Divine Breath, afterwards as I shift to military, gear choice will shift to Polearms + str + wisdom gear.

Might be a strange build.. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Formora,

My I am leveling a frost mage now and am at level 23. So far, I have only put points into shockwave since fireball is the first spell you have. It works pretty well with those two as offensive spells. I have put the other points into frostblast, frost bolt, energy shield, and rock piercing including buffing up those skills. Attacking from a distance with frost bolt to slow, following with rock piercing and fireball usually has the mobs so weak by the time they are close I can finish them with a quick shockwave or frost blast. It is working pretty well.
    That is pretty much my build as well, all frost mages should be aiming for it. I'd prefer to use rock pierce instead of shockwave/frost blast though, because those are a waste of mp against single targets and rock pierce has no cast time so you can cast while on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Ugh when do monks become fun to play? I can't do anything without guzzling pots like an alcoholic.
    I believe it isn't as bad in the later levels? Can't speak for myself though as my military monk is only level 24 when I abandoned him. I guess that's why most opted for the divine/military hybrid? I don't think you should give up on him so early. I did that with my mage and missed out on so much.

Quote Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
    EDIT: Here is the level 38 version
    This is what I think should be the minimum you should have at level 48. Only put points in Shockwave AFTER you have gotten Stone Armor, unless you prefer running around back and forth on groups of mobs (2-3). I would advise to put it after you have gotten permafrost as well but it is up to you.

My AoE rotation with that build is to (with energy shield up), pop (activate) Stone Armor, gather mobs (4-6), drop Permafrost, Shockwave, Frost blast, run outside the permafrost area of effect. From here on out you can choose to do another Shockwave to kill of anything the doesn't die out from the Permafrost, or if you are above level 48 and have Ice Meteor, you can use that to finish them off. Keep in mind that using Shockwave often is very mana consuming hence I would think that gather 4-6 or even 8 mobs at once is an efficient number if you keep doing this rotation.

My Single target rotation is Frost Bolt -> Fireball -> Frost Bolt -> Rock Spine -> If still alive, Fireball / Frost Bolt depending on HP.

If I want to be a bit flashy, Frost Bolt -> Water Prison -> Frost Bolt -> Fireball -> Rock Spine.

Based on my recent Fire tree experience, fire seems to be tuned vs single target, wheres frost seems to be for AoE. With fire, I open with Frost Bolt -> Fireball -> Rock Spine -> Cyclone (full talented with 100% crit vs mobs which are burning). Mob dead. Works with those elite level 58 bloodsuckers.. XD
    I agree with your build for the most part, but here is mine. Changed a few things around.

This will be my build by the time I reach 60. What do you think? I don't really have anything else to spend on. Not sure if I will respec to a build with more skyfire, as permafrost aoe-ing is the thing that really drew me to mages.

I will remember that aoe combo, only like 9 more levels to go
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

how can people play this game i dont get it it costs money to buy the app then money to have a membership wow...not gonna purchase anytime soon or at all maybe just too expensive im gonna stick to pl its something thats great and i can afford it haha

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This build you posted was my build when I hit 60.

When I got enough crit gear. I switched to Skyfire-Permafrost Hybrid.
    When I get the money to respec, I plan to switch to this Fire Barrage build and swap out my Lightning Bolt. I found out a new AoE combo today (Shockwave -> Frost Blast -> Run away 10m, face slowed/frozen mobs, Flame Storm) and did not find much use for Lightning Bolt now.

You can swap out Stone Armor too for Elemental Finishing, but I personally would want to get Elemental Finishing only if I have Flaming Mind maxed out (chance-based, makes your next spell instant cast when you crit).

And then when dungeons come out, you can swap Flaming Spirit for Elemental Mastery and / or Improved Fireball since you will be with a monk who will divine breath you when you oom (or preferably before you oom).

This is my current build and I think I made a lot of wrong choices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    how can people play this game i dont get it it costs money to buy the app then money to have a membership wow...not gonna purchase anytime soon or at all maybe just too expensive im gonna stick to pl its something thats great and i can afford it haha
    If you have ever wanted to play World of Warcraft and could not afford their subscription fee, O&C is the cheaper alternative and is on a device that you jailbreak so you can play on the go (when in a subway, waiting for the bus, in plane [well not in a plane lol]).

To me its like a cheaper, less hardcore World of Warcraft suited to my current lifestyle.
    Raiding in WoW took a lot of time, so naturally in O&C you won't have raids that last for more than 8 hours... I am looking forward to what Gameloft has in store within the next 3 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    The subscription is only AU$4 for 6 months, that's less than $1 per month. It cost me $9 to buy the app, so for 9 months (first 3 months free + 6 month subscription + price of app) I only pay $13. If you can't come up with $13 in 9 months yet have an iDevice/Android, then something doesn't add up..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This build you posted was my build when I hit 60.

When I got enough crit gear. I switched to Skyfire-Permafrost Hybrid.
    When I get the money to respec, I plan to switch to this Fire Barrage build and swap out my Lightning Bolt. I found out a new AoE combo today (Shockwave -> Frost Blast -> Run away 10m, face slowed/frozen mobs, Flame Storm) and did not find much use for Lightning Bolt now.

You can swap out Stone Armor too for Elemental Finishing, but I personally would want to get Elemental Finishing only if I have Flaming Mind maxed out (chance-based, makes your next spell instant cast when you crit).

And then when dungeons come out, you can swap Flaming Spirit for Elemental Mastery and / or Improved Fireball since you will be with a monk who will divine breath you when you oom (or preferably before you oom).

This is my current build and I think I made a lot of wrong choices.
    Great minds think alike

I remember reading some bug about fire barrage. Like it can only hit those at the edge of the skill area. I'm not really paying much attention to skyfire now since I'm leveling. May check it out afterwards. Right now it just seems like a waste of mana
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great minds think alike

I remember reading some bug about fire barrage. Like it can only hit those at the edge of the skill area. I'm not really paying much attention to skyfire now since I'm leveling. May check it out afterwards. Right now it just seems like a waste of mana
    Yey! more bugs!

If thats the case then I might go with this build. At least I have 10% chance on spell crit to get an instant Elemental Finishing in... and also support my team better with longer Windwalker.. XD
    Last edited by shmoo; 05-30-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: banana did not show! :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ugh I had to use points on stupid stuff like 1% more hp just so I could get to the better military monk skills :/. Was a lot easier not to waste points on my warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yey! more bugs!

If thats the case then I might go with this build. At least I have 10% chance on spell crit to get an instant Elemental Finishing in... and also support my team better with longer Windwalker.. XD
    Lol at your edit reason. !

Not sure, I haven't even studied the skyfire tree properly lol. The actives look awesome though, and I'm jealous about windwalker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh I had to use points on stupid stuff like 1% more hp just so I could get to the better military monk skills :/. Was a lot easier not to waste points on my warrior.
    I wouldn't really consider it a waste, if I had extra points I would invest in those passives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I wouldn't really consider it a waste, if I had extra points I would invest in those passives.
    1% hp just seems like such a small gain. I would much rather have more or faster-regen mp right now than slightly more hp :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1% hp just seems like such a small gain. I would much rather have more or faster-regen mp right now than slightly more hp :/
    Oh, so you only need 1 point to unlock the next tier? That sucks but it's not like you have a choice anyway lol. And you get that mana every dodge/parry skill later on, not sure what level that's at. Military monks can't have everything. They have awesome skills and can heal as well, so it's balanced out by their mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

No, I actually needed to use 3, so I I have 5%. Which means, about 35 extra hp. Not worth three skill points AT ALL. Seems like a complete waste of a skill and I think I'm gonna go respec before it costs me more.

Should have put it into Blessing of Battle (I think that's the name), even though it didn't seem all that amazing either.