Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Cant call someone unfair if they wanna sell items for higher price.
Unfortunately, if a person decides to list an item that is 10x to 100x more expensive than the item fluctuation price, their intention is not for their items to be sold "for higher price", but to capitalize on people's hastiness, carelessness and inexperience. Someone with the intent for their items to be sold will not place their items at astronomical prices that no one will buy under normal circumstances. Unfair? Maybe not. Scummy? Definitely.

@OP I applaud your strong sense of justice and appreciate your efforts if they are genuine. However, I don't think its possible to know if everyone who joins the movement is genuine, and there's no way to monitor if they really will give back all the gold. By all means, keep doing what you're doing, but making it into a movement is risky.

I do think that whilst it is impossible to get rid of 100% of these scams, both the community and the devs can take steps towards lessening the amount of people that fall for them.

As a community, we can:
1. Be more aware and patient when buying from Auction
2. Don't hold onto a lot of gold, keep most of it in stash
3. Develop the habit of pressing the up arrow "^" above "Price/Unit" everytime you open Auction
4. Spread awareness of these type of scams, especially to new players

Devs can also help with this, especially for the sake of newer players. One suggestion is to make a "Tutorials" section in the menu, with one tutorial being "Popular scams to watch out for". Another suggestion is to make the Auction default to sort by Price/Unit, or maybe just get rid of Price/Stack entirely (not sure about this one).