Quote Originally Posted by Jaysal View Post
Your information in the first full paragraph is false.

you cant just tap the top of the larger circle.. you MUST first tap the center icon before tapping the top bottom left right etc..

I have tested this.. tapping the area where the circle WILL appear if you tap the center of does NOTHING unless you first tap the center...

The placement makes PERFECT sense...

Consider this...

Theres enough buttons to keep your right thumb busy at all times..

The proposed spells for the left hand side would be flat footed spells... Meaning you cant move when casting them... THEREFORE...

It makes perfect sense to juxtapose the joystick with the flat footed spells because you must ALWAYS remove your thumb from the joystick before casting these.. THEREFORE..

You utilize the utility of a fast flat foot spell then back to moving again. It makes perfect sense.

You're mentally thinking apples with apples oranges with oranges..

When you go deeper you realize it makes sense to put flat foot spells by the joystick..

No its perfectly true. I know this because I tested it to be sure before I posted.
I do not tap and slide, I tap the direction I want to go, and I move there, I do not have to slide my finger at all.
I even logged in and tested it again to be sure.

And the placement does not make perfect sense. If this is your idea of perfect, then you're really bad at design.
Also, I am not talking about what spells to put there. That is apples and oranges, and irrelevant to the topic of where to place skills. What if I do not want to put "flat footed spells" there? Hmmm?
Secondly, the fact that you have to take your thumb off adds more reason as to why its a bad design. Simply put, if I am running from a boss, I do not want to remove my thumb, stop moving, to cast a spell. No, I want to run from them and stay safely out of range, whilst spamming spells on the go. Basically, left thumb = movement, right thumb = attack, spells, etc, and it should not change.

I see that you do not really want to accept an opinion which differs from yours, so I shall not pursue this debate any further, as it is distracting from the original topic of this thread. like I said, suggestions go in the suggestion section of the forum.