Thread: Building a Bear, what i have and my plans.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

imho, dex bear is not interesting until about level 45. From 15 to 30, str bear with board and nail club rocks. And from 30 to 44, I like iceberg armor with frosty hatchet. No dex weapons will out damage these. The only reason birds can do more damage is because of skills. The bear weapons are better than bird weapons, unless you want to run in a circle and kite. But, both board-n-nail and frosty hatchet will kill faster than any bow until level 40s.

At about 31 you can dual spec your bear to do either bow or iceberg. After dying often with the bow, it's nice to put on the iceberg and get some payback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    imho, dex bear is not interesting until about level 45. From 15 to 30, str bear with board and nail club rocks. And from 30 to 44, I like iceberg armor with frosty hatchet. No dex weapons will out damage these. The only reason birds can do more damage is because of skills. The bear weapons are better than bird weapons, unless you want to run in a circle and kite. But, both board-n-nail and frosty hatchet will kill faster than any bow until level 40s.

At about 31 you can dual spec your bear to do either bow or iceberg. After dying often with the bow, it's nice to put on the iceberg and get some payback.
    ok heres the shisaz...
    lvl 25
    respec full dex, stats are
    str 7, dex 150 int 1
    hit 105% crit 14 dodge 3
    health 604 regen 7
    mana 400 regen 4
    damage 59-64 dps 91
    armour 38

skills
    Hellscream, Beckon, Rage, and stomp all at 6.

now this set up does a full 20 more dps on the respec page(no gear) that is alot, what i can do is run into room, dropping rage on way in, then beckon followed by hellscream then stomp, the sequence pulls them in and weakens them then FLINGS them out. since i am equiped with a talon, i just shoot off at the survivours, i can guarentee after 2 sets all regular enimy. this is through the levels within the lost expiditionl.

PROS; mass damage aoe and enimy control.

cons; cool down 8 seconds of nothing; but hellscream and healing.

Previously set up with str gear, killing was a bit slower but i had a higher survivability rate, with no cool down.

if you are geared with a nice fast range weapon that will maximize your potential damage, I am using the gear in the previous post of mine, all pink dex gear.

remember this is all a 4 skill level 25 build (maxed skill levels for 4 here) with this build you go out with a healer this is a must. otherwise if you go for the big mobs like me 12-15 you tend to die if you don't spam the heal pot button. but the moment your beckon/stom is open they all scatter/ stun, throw in rage first (8 seconds is a long time) and 90%+ are dead. shoot/ throw a couple bolts/arrows/daggers at the survivours due to speed of weapon and rage up you WILL cut them down fast, this is where dps comes in over pure damage, to get in as many hits with a fast as possible weapon.

yes i am going to do the same test as a pure str bear with min dex, and i will test with a duel dex/str bear with a mix of items to get a good compare.

until then Mrknify.
    Mrknify

tank bear. yeah... not so much... dps bear.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=53922&dateline=130849  3907

MrShooty Bird... havnt decided build still researching dex atm.