Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resurrection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Hmmm....I can see both sides of this debate. I run into a lot of mages who never cast heal and only rez if they're asked 25 times by 3 different party members. I've also seen mages complain about tanking, but.....you run ahead of everyone, are always the first in the room and what do you expect? My biggest headache is with Firestorm and Icestorm. Yes, useful spells--in their place. Firestorm has a huge AoE and will drag enemies into battle from 5 counties away. It also pushes stuff out of Thorn Wall--you know, that skill I used to keep stuff off you and keep you safe? So you could cast Lightning and we could clear them all at once? Or Icestorm as a bear is about to Stomp following Beckon, except stuff can't move now and they wasted their combo. I think we all need to be more aware of our team-mates and try to work together better.

And, no, I don't get it either--what is with casting Rez in the middle of a fight and no one's dead yet? Hoping it does something? Hoping it prevents death? I dunno, but it drives me crazy when I play mage (healing mage). I keep looking around thinking I missed Rezzing someone and....nobody was dead.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    And, no, I don't get it either--what is with casting Rez in the middle of a fight and no one's dead yet? Hoping it does something? Hoping it prevents death? I dunno, but it drives me crazy when I play mage (healing mage). I keep looking around thinking I missed Rezzing someone and....nobody was dead.
    Well, when I see a mage do that I think 'Finally a mage who truly understands what all skills do'. Why? Well, as said earlier already, it raises 1 m/s, 1 armor, 1 dmg for your entire party for 1 minute. It's called a 'hidden buff'.

Ow yes, and I'm pretty sure it stacks too. Only when more then 1 mage does it though. In my farming parties most of the mages do this, because we seek to maximize or damage output in any way possible. Or in other words, run in the most effective way possible. People spend millions of gold for these sets that do that little bit of extra overal dmg, so why not use a skill that basically does the same at no cost?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

lol i met a mage that the entire party thought was an idiot. he/she resd every time it cooled down. he/she said that it would reduce mana costs for everybody.....And he/she also used nightmare/weakness before we entered a room.....Then everybody died except him/her....And he/she was still continuously ressing....
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    lol i met a mage that the entire party thought was an idiot. he/she resd every time it cooled down. he/she said that it would reduce mana costs for everybody.....And he/she also used nightmare/weakness before we entered a room.....Then everybody died except him/her....And he/she was still continuously ressing....
    Lol wow... never knew anyone could play their class that badly

Look on the bright side, at least you got that all important rev

PL : xBearSpiritx (Lvl 66 Tank Bear) | xPallax (Lvl 60 Pure Int Elf) | xDarkWraithx (Lvl 61 Pure Dex Bird)
    SL: Crusader (Lvl 26 Commando) | Contra (Lvl 26 Operative) | xPallax (Lvl 26 Engineer)