Page 160 of 204 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hi All

Dipped my toe into O&C this morning, i did have 4 alts over on the european servers and left them there to fester once I realised you were all over on the American servers.

Looking for some tips really?

What guild are you all in - hopefully we can hook up.

Created a Monk on the right server today (IGN Redbridge) unsure what route to take. Miliatry/Divine?

I also fancied getting into crafting and wondered, again if there's a better route to take.

Any hints, tips, etc greatly appreciated.

Suspect I'll be a while catching up... (AGAIN lol)
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hey Mr. Bridge!

We are split over two guilds (I won't get into that any further), Outlaws and Tragic. Outlaws is more PvE based, Tragic is bigger and concentrates more on PvP, or at least more than Outlaws does from what I can tell.

Most people, when doing monks, go mostly military until about lvl 45, then respec to mostly divine, because there is some grinding required later in the game and having divine monks around makes team grinding a lot easier. Just concentrate on getting gear with Wisdom regardless of which way you go, as it drives mana regeneration which is an issue for military monks until you unlock a couple of skills later on. A few people have high-lvl monks (in Outlaws there are a few of us, and I'm sure Tragic has a bunch) so they know some of the better monk builds/skills.

Crafting is fairly complicated to explain, but fairly simple in concept...someone else who knows more tips about that than me can maybe chime in.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi Redbridge,

For my warrior, I crafted along the way, stopping in Greenmont between continents to make sure I had all the recipes I could make until the next level of crafting. I liked it, bc it allowed me to have the right gear as soon as I could wear it, and a bunch of my guildmates were warriors at the same time, so I made them all gear as well. It was useful till around lvl 45 or so and then the recipes all need general symbols. On my archer, I did it differently and just have master lvl crafting with no recipes. Not as much fun and cost me lot more, but at the time I decided to do that our guild had no leather crafters. Anyway, if you're going to craft at all, I recommend doing it as you level to give you more variety and that way you can farm the appropriate mobs for mats, get xp from them and not have to spend as much gold on mats.

I never did cloth, but Joey has master lvl cloth -- you could ask him if it's worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey Moo and Les

I'm thinking Outlaws is gonna be more my thing then.... "I don't PvP" as a well know PLer once (or repeatedly said). Is there any chance someone could point me in the direction of a guild invite?

Ok, I've now read a little bit more and am thinking Monk might not be my best option??

I'm more likely to want to both solo and group play when possible as my timezone is UK so might not be best for everyone else. Although I work a 24hr shift pattern so playing times will be all over the place.

Re: Crafting (and having done a bit of reading) it would appear a good way to 'power-level' my crafting skills would be to craft for others too. Does the guild have a gap? IE one of the three crafts that they need more than the other? Suspect the low level crafting i'm only able to offer, will be surplus to requirements for the time being, would be great to select the right one initially though.

I'm gonna make a warrior and an Archer also and play will all three for a bit and see which i like....

Looking forward to catching up with a few of you, well half of a few of you anyways...LOL. (i'm not gonna ask)
    Last edited by Redbridge; 06-27-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Any word on an update so I can start to play again?
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cloth is definitely worth it. You will loot so many clothes that you won't know what to do with it . Tailor is the easiest of the three. Level up your crafting when you level as of right now most of the quest reward are better than the crafted except maybe a few where you will need symbol. Everybody can solo in this game. Some faster and better (archer and warrior) than others. You can solo all the way to 60 with any class. As far as when dungeon is released, a divine monk and a guardian warrior are a must have in a group I would think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Redbridge, I know Lesrider can invite you if you add Lesrider as a friend and then message for invite.

Don't worry about being left behind, I started playing almost as soon as O&C was released and I am yet to get even one character to level 60! lol (nearing the finish line on one, sort of). I have a lowbie divine monk who is increadibly boring to play and to level up, so if you wanted to, we could team up. She is only level 17 or 18 so it wouldn't take you long to catch up.
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi Red,

Would be glad to have you in our guild

I can't get in-game right now (or for the next few hrs). But Moog and Formora can add you. If you see them on, just whisper to them to send you an invite. You need to both be on at the same time for an invite to happen.

And many of us played Warrior first, as it's a great soloing class -- can aoe, heal, take a beating. It's easier to play when still learning the ropes and you don't know your way around so well yet. You can afford to make mistakes because of your high armor and healing. Ranger is great for the sneak/stunning skills, but I ended up quitting around lvl 22 and rolling a warrior, then came back to my archer after. Was much easier then bc I had a better idea of where to go, so could sneak right in and get the job done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey Blazemystic, cheers for the advice. Sounds like i have a levelling partner already...lol

Les - I've added all three of you to my friends list, and will look out for you in the meantime. I'm on nights this week so will be on shift (semi-afk) with iPad to one side stalking you guys for an invite....

Looking forward to a new learning experience..

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Hi Red,

Would be glad to have you in our guild

I can't get in-game right now (or for the next few hrs). But Moog and Formora can add you. If you see them on, just whisper to them to send you an invite. You need to both be on at the same time for an invite to happen.

And many of us played Warrior first, as it's a great soloing class -- can aoe, heal, take a beating. It's easier to play when still learning the ropes and you don't know your way around so well yet. You can afford to make mistakes because of your high armor and healing. Ranger is great for the sneak/stunning skills, but I ended up quitting around lvl 22 and rolling a warrior, then came back to my archer after. Was much easier then bc I had a better idea of where to go, so could sneak right in and get the job done.
    Trying a Warrior now, figure I leveled the tricky class, might as well do an easier one next It seems you start with 20 moral, and have to hit to get more. Wouldn't a dual hand with a really fast dagger in off hand get you moral quickly? Also, if you are in a team, does other peoples hits get you moral? Also, what is a good skill progression. Should I get that shout because it only works for 30 seconds, or does it get better as you up it? Figure I should just try everything till 20 then respec.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think moral is based on the damage you deal and the damage you take so depending if you do more damage with a 2h or dual wield. With two 2h you get high burst damage (good for spamming strike and other skills that have % damage from main hand) and with dual wield, I think you get constant damage. With dual wield, you will need to get gears with hit to get your hit up while 2h you don't need much hit from gears. I would get charge (1 point into guardian), offensive shout, ruthless, warpath, sonic slash, cleave (if you like hitting three targets with your strike decreasing your moral) or fence for the first 20 level.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benaorn View Post
    I think moral is based on the damage you deal and the damage you take so depending if you do more damage with a 2h or dual wield. With two 2h you get high burst damage (good for spamming strike and other skills that have % damage from main hand) and with dual wield, I think you get constant damage. With dual wield, you will need to get gears with hit to get your hit up while 2h you don't need much hit from gears. I would get charge (1 point into guardian), offensive shout, ruthless, warpath, sonic slash, cleave (if you like hitting three targets with your strike decreasing your moral) or fence for the first 20 level.
    Thanks, OH, and 60!!!!

Question, are other 60's holding on to repeatable stuff for a quick burst of exp when they raise the cap?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Fluff, as a warrior, use your bow or sonic slash as the first hit to aggro a mob. The bow will build morale while the mob comes to you. Means you don't have to run TO them, also. Sonic slash is not often available at the start of anbattle at low lvls. But later when you get Berzerk, sonic slash will be your favorite skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Thanks, OH, and 60!!!!

Question, are other 60's holding on to repeatable stuff for a quick burst of exp when they raise the cap?
    Gratz, and yea I have about 50 of each of those repeatable quest items. I hear some people have about 3k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have over 100 of each on my warrior. Since it was my first character, I was thinking that I would use it to get from 59 to 60 like the repeatable in the desert. When I was able to do all the daily quests and see how much exp I get, I took daily quests route instead of using the repeatable (over 200k a day). I think they are deciding whether to give exp after level 60 or not on that repeatable. I am happy with either decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

is anyone around level 40 willing to help me in the Great Desert? There are a few quests I'm stuck on, plus I level too slowly =\.
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Ok, so AdrianMonk added me (Redbridge) to Outlaws... cheers.

Created a Monk (Redbridge) and a Warrior (Redridge), but have been told to consider binning the monk as they aren't up to much.

Any thoughts? I don't want to waste time on a dud, but I'm enjoying the class so far.

Also starting to build up a pot of materials, I'm suspecting I need to craft for currency to spend on levelling rather than to purchase more lower level recipes. Again any thoughts/advice welcomed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGLORD67 View Post
    is anyone around level 40 willing to help me in the Great Desert? There are a few quests I'm stuck on, plus I level too slowly =\.
    What quests are you stuck with? You shouldn't have any problem with quest in the desert.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Ok, so AdrianMonk added me (Redbridge) to Outlaws... cheers.

Created a Monk (Redbridge) and a Warrior (Redridge), but have been told to consider binning the monk as they aren't up to much.

Any thoughts? I don't want to waste time on a dud, but I'm enjoying the class so far.

Also starting to build up a pot of materials, I'm suspecting I need to craft for currency to spend on levelling rather than to purchase more lower level recipes. Again any thoughts/advice welcomed.
    Monks get taken down so easily, have no skills to ambush or escape. If you want a fast lvler and a wicked pvper become a ranger, If you want a Fast lvler and like tanking become a warrior, If you like to be a caster and deal damage with spells become a mage which is decent in both lvling and pvp. Monks are the slowest lvlers, apart from the cool animations they fall flat compared to the others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    Monks get taken down so easily, have no skills to ambush or escape. If you want a fast lvler and a wicked pvper become a ranger, If you want a Fast lvler and like tanking become a warrior, If you like to be a caster and deal damage with spells become a mage which is decent in both lvling and pvp. Monks are the slowest lvlers, apart from the cool animations they fall flat compared to the others
    HeHe - You did say that in game.....

Ima gonna level my Warrior for now, and maybe create a Bird, sorry Ranger...lol