Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
I don't know if you've noticed this but the person who does the most 'work' often gets the better drop, however what that drop is is totally random. I know it may sound strange but I've tried it many times and it *does* work to an extent, however its not a "you'll get a pink every time" kind of thing. Say if a full party kills a boss (lets say GF) and he drops all oranges and one green, the one green more often than not goes to the person who was doing the most "work."
I like this rumor because it makes people work harder. :-) And, I do get that feeling some times of having done a better job than usual and therefore receiving the best drop.

There were times when I did the most work on gf. My mage was spec'd as a paly and would never die, but kept rez'ing everyone else, and I got the pink. So, I thought I did the most work and deserved it. However, there are just as many times that I screwed up, was lucky not to get booted, got the pink, and was a little embarrassed to have gotten it. So, I guess it evens out.