Thread: An idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default An idea

A couple of friends and I were talking and came up with this. They are a bunch of wusses so I had to make this account myself to post about it.
    How about introducing a system where the game allows us to change the class of our current character? Sounds crude but hear me out, please.
    Arcane Legends has always been a basic 3-class RPG unlike PL and the other crazy RPGs out there with loads of classes that you can try out. This would give the players the ability to change class without having to start over from the bottom again

But like all bold systems, class change could also be abused so it needs to be kept in check.

This can be done by:

1. Making it into a reward for an extreme quest that might take months to accomplish, so this quest cannot be botted. Also, this quest will need you to be at 30k+ or so aps, or something along those lines to qualify. This could be anything and I'm up for suggestions.

2. Making the quest do-able only ONCE. There are some benefits to classes in a few instances. Keeping this quest a "one-time" do-able quest will prevent jumping between classes to benefit from said events. This will also make the players that want to change classes think hard before deciding if they want to do it.

As you can see, from my suggestion this is targetted at players that have been playing 1 class for years and would now like to move on to a different class instead of starting from the scratch.

Please leave your feedback down. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this. ^~^

Ign: Eyewrist ❤️
    Last edited by Stonks; 12-05-2020 at 01:11 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stonks For This Useful Post:

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stonks View Post
    A couple of friends and I were talking and came up with this. They are a bunch of wusses so I had to make this account myself to post about it.
    How about introducing a system where the game allows us to change the class of our current character? Sounds crude but hear me out, please.
    Arcane Legends has always been a basic 3-class RPG unlike PL and the other crazy RPGs out there with loads of classes that you can try out. This would give the players the ability to change class without having to start over from the bottom again

But like all bold systems, class change could also be abused so it needs to be kept in check.

This can be done by:
    1. Making it into a reward for an extreme quest that might take months to accomplish, so this quest cannot be botted. Also, this quest will need you to be at 30k+ or so aps, or something along those lines to qualify. This could be anything and I'm up for suggestions.
    2. Making the quest do-able only ONCE. There are some benefits to classes in a few instances. Keeping this quest a "one-time" do-able quest will prevent jumping between classes to benefit from said events. This will also make the players that want to change classes think hard before deciding if they want to do it.

As you can see, from my suggestion this is targetted at players that have been playing 1 class for years and would now like to move on to a different class instead of starting from the scratch.

Please leave your feedback down. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this.
    It's not that hard to level to 76.
    And you said to make it crazy hard to do it.. That seems harder than lvling to 76.
    If u grind 1-2 hrs a day u can hit 76 in 2 weeks or smthing. Feels good with current system.
    -1 from me

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

It will render the speed leveling system none existent.
    Will lose money for that feature so it's not going to happen and many have countless alts nowadays..if you know what I mean.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post
    It's not that hard to level to 76.
    And you said to make it crazy hard to do it.. That seems harder than lvling to 76.
    If u grind 1-2 hrs a day u can hit 76 in 2 weeks or smthing. Feels good with current system.
    -1 from me

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    That is true! But "building from scratch" isn't just about levelling up! You are not taking into consideration the aps, pve records, pets and the other character bound entities that may either be impossible, or cost a fortune if you're making a new toon ^_^
    Last edited by Stonks; 12-05-2020 at 01:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    It will render the speed leveling system none existent.
    Will lose money for that feature so it's not going to happen and many have countless alts nowadays..if you know what I mean.
    By speed levelling do you mean the dailies system or the 500 plats to lv70 one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

By speed levelling do you mean the dailies system or the 500 plats to lv70 one?
    I mean the 500 plats one.
    And giving this option for 30k aps only players is not a good idea since that's a narrow pool of people and won't be fair to the others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Just level 3 classes to 76 and switch whenever u want , thats what i do

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That is true! But "building from scratch" isn't just about levelling up! You are not taking into consideration the aps, pve records, pets and the other character bound entities that may either be impossible, or cost a fortune if you're making a new toon ^_^
    I mean most of the aps you get back while leveling, people use slots on pets so only the base pet would need to be bought again, aps for 150 pets costs like 300k tops, and waaay less if you wait for eggzavier, and unless your idea suggests some crazy thing like turning your war gear into rog gear( for ex. taint axe to taint daggs etc) theres really not a lot to benefit out of this.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

This can be done by:

Please leave your feedback down. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this. ^~^

We have the same friend! AAAAAA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

+1, I really like the concept of this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Jaffo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Just sounds weird in general and has way more cons than pros.

Don't take this the wrong way but its a very selfish idea.

Neverr

-1 we dont need this. Lvling isn't as hard as it use to be and I believe this idea was shot down by the devs years ago.

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Just sounds weird in general and has way more cons than pros.

Don't take this the wrong way but its a very selfish idea.
    List a few of them please, I'd love to hear them out.
    I really don't understand how this could be selfish. I have 3 capped toons, each fully geared. I like switching between them for different purposes.
    This is a harmless suggestion for the game. Not everything has to be for a personal gain! We all have our ideas that we'd like to share with everyone You can either drop your feedback or walk away. No need to judge anyone here!
    <3
    Last edited by Stonks; 12-06-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    We have the same friend! AAAAAA
    Aww ello! ^-^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

2. Making the quest do-able only ONCE. There are some benefits to classes in a few instances. Keeping this quest a "one-time" do-able quest will prevent jumping between classes to benefit from said events.
    All I see is switching last minute during events. Even if you modify, such that you can not switch during events, then how about top/hardcore/seasonal lbs?

This idea ain't it tbh. Players would just play on the easiest class to gain aps, then switch, which is doing the bare minimum for maximum return relative to classes.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 12-06-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    All I see is switching last minute during events. Even if you modify, such that you can not switch during events, then how about top/hardcore/seasonal lbs?

This idea ain't it tbh. Players would just play on the easiest class to gain aps, then switch, which is doing the bare minimum for maximum return relative to classes.

Agreed! And I'm aware of that but I have already addressed the same. Once a player changes class they can't change back, it's permanent in order to prevent an abuse for lbs, easily running maps and so on.
    Making it a permanent change might be extreme, but also makes players consider all possibilities before they make a decision about changing class. This is what I've tried to explain here:-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    I mean the 500 plats one.
    And giving this option for 30k aps only players is not a good idea since that's a narrow pool of people and won't be fair to the others.
    Ah I see what you mean! How would you feel if this feature was premium as well? Say, for like 1.7k plats or so instead of the quests?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Yes I'm aware of that and have addressed the same. Once a player changes class they can't change back, it's permanent in order to prevent an abuse for lbs, easily running maps and so on.
    Making it a permanent change might be extreme, but also makes players and consider all possibilities before they make a decision about changing class. This is what I've tried to explain here:-
    The player switches during events to receive the main prize.

So how exactly does your solution address anything. They were already rewarded the main prize by doing the bare minimum, so they wouldn't care less if they can't switch back.

Theres a reason class lbs are there, so only the same classes are at the same track.