Thread: Help with dual spec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help with dual spec

my bear is all for str. is there any way I can still dual spec? Do I go for everything dxt? I would like to use a talon spike because i heard they have a lot of dps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fleane View Post
    my bear is all for str. is there any way I can still dual spec? Do I go for everything dxt? I would like to use a talon spike because i heard they have a lot of dps.
    Which level is your bear? If the level is enough low you can still go dual spec putting all points in dex, up to 111 DEX is useful even for non-dual bears (it adds Hit% for beacon without sacrificing too much health). And be prepared, big DPS of talons does not reflects in big damage because talons are quick but less powerful than bows, that give the best possible damage for dual bears.

Otherwise, you need to respec - it costs only 2 plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im level 26 and I heard that dual spec does a lot of damage for pve so I wanted to try it out since I cant really tank I'd rather be support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok. At 26, if you put all your points in STR yet, by adding all in DEX from now on you should reach dual spec stat at level 50. This is not bad, most of dual spec players switched around 50 because it is simpler and necessary gears are cheap (you need at least four "pink" sets, two cheap and two premium).

The bad is that you continue to gain exp playing as a bear, and when you switch to bow (or talon/wing) you are not prepared to the low armor and dodge DEX weapons have. If you have played a bird, this is not a problem: you are ready for that. Otherwise you should expect to die a lot before adapt your playstyle. But believe me, my dual bear is the funniest toon I never played !

Some essential guides to dual-spec a bear:

How STR/DEX affect stat for bear (by Mr. Wallace)
    Basic Dual Spec Guide (by Ellyidol)
    Stat calculation for leveling a dual bear (by Mr. Wallace)

Have a nice time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

one more question.
    since my dex level is still low should i buy a talon for low levels or keep on pumping points until I can reach a good talon.
    and can I use dual weapons, talon blade?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The low level talons you can use are too low in damage; I think you can start to use frozen nightmare gears (level 30) when you peak about 45, and the difference is not worth the cost of expensive FN items.
    When you reach enough dex you can use loadouts with talon/wing, then you can manually switch to 2 handed weapon like bows or dual daggers. But dual spec forces you to use most times only pink items, and there are no pink dual dagger/slicers at my knowledge. Moreover, slicer DPS is really optimal, but the gameplay is not effective; top level bears use bow or talon/wing, and they rock!
    Last edited by Tamino; 07-08-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I have 88 str and 42 dex should I just pump all points to dex so I can try to use talons/or double daggers in future levels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Refer to your other thread on respec-ing, that thread I gave should be perfect!