Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
You may only re-roll upto Arcanes (as well as Heroics) only if your Initial loot is from Legendary to Set (assuming they are together in a lootable).

And even then, having 100% luck doesn't necessarily guarantee a "better" drop, because luck is the probability of a re-roll to occur, not a guage of looting something better.

If you'll bring up someones intelligence about a matter, just make sure everything you say afterwards is in line with the actual truth, otherwise, it only makes you a hypocrite. Take care.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
1. You are free to correct me although I have not heard or seen from any dev statement that reroll only happen by going 1 rarity up but more with a second chance to roll again within the same lootable. That means it can reroll into anything so long as the lootable has it, but it will reroll according to the drop rate. Higher drop rate for common rarity - legendary rarity means the second roll is usually although not always likely worst than the 1st roll because of its high probability of getting it. So even of reroll happens, it doesn't necessarily mean we get better loot than our 1st drop but it does protect our best loot.

2. Yes I didn't say reroll happens 100%, I was saying ONLY IF you have 100% luck equipped then it will 100% reroll when it is available to reroll (I.e. there are other loot in the lootable we are speaking of to be rerolled from).

My mistake in choice of words, it is not "it will reroll your 1st drop into something better", but it has a chance for better loot if it ever rerolls as I mentioned in point one in this reply.

3. I didn't know misuse of words upgrade me to a hypocrite unless that's something personal you have towards me.

To sum up and For simplicity sake:

We can safely Imagine the lootable as a roundtable being cut proportionately according to drop rate, let's use scenario 1 where the lootable contains all rarity:
1. Arcane/Heroic 0.01%
2. Vanities/Furniture 3%
3. Mythic 30%
4. Legendary 50%
5. Epic 70%
6. Rare 80%
7. Common 90%
So if reroll happens, it will roll according to the hypothetical drop rate above. While reroll always protect your best drop, it doesn't guarantee a better drop. You can see clearly that even if you reroll a second time, you are equally likely to get a common drop. All it does is it gives you one more chance to roll the table again.

So think of it this way, let's assume you reroll 100% that means for every run and every drop you get, you reroll, that could be treated the same way as though you did a second run with a second drop. Meaning for people without reroll, they only run the map/loot once, but you loot more than one time in a run/run the map twice.

Now what does this mean? How's it good then?

The drop rate of say 0.01% for arcane/Heroic drop means in 1000 runs you are guaranteed to loot an arcane/heroic. So if reroll counts as one of the 1000 runs, it will speed up your way to getting an arcane/Heroic.

Feel free to correct me and my occasional misuse of words but the above sums up my best attempt at clarifying.