Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bored with PL because of AO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    I think that so long as the game has the 'instant action' kinda feel to it, it's gonna be very hard to balance for casual and hardcore alike while the two are still expected to share the same dungeon/drop rate.

I like the idea suggested in another thread of 'nightmare' difficulty dungeons proposed in the roadmap having unique and extremely rare loot.
    That's a good idea. I would love to play a single board in this game (not even a whole campaign) that required an entire group of good players. Right now, I can farm every boss with one other person on the last AO board, running straight to the boss and taking it out, running to the next boss and taking it out, with minimal collateral trash kills. That's just...sad...

I really enjoy playing an MMO game on a touch device. I just wish they would reward players who want to push it and be challenged along the way. I've never been a believer in the "everyone deserves a race car" paradigm. What happaned to there being tolerance, if not outright incentive, to perform at the highest level (kind of a generic question, not just to MMOs, but definitely applicable here)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Totally 100% agree with you there buddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish they'd put in capture the flag in PvP at least. I'm completely bored with PvP now as well =/

Come on devs....how about making SOME content for the more "hardcore" (aka just plain ole better?) skilled players?
    Last edited by Huzzah; 06-23-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: grammar fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When is AO2 coming out?

I checked in the "in-development" thread line and didn't see anything.

I did see the voting thread for features the community wanted to see developed and put in my vote (fyi to anyone reading this who hasn't voted, go do so!).

I'm glad to see "elite dungeons" doing so well, considering many people think this is such a small gaming segment. I'm not entirely surprised "pets" is doing so well there as a game feature, but if you devs decided to skip that for game mechanic tweaks/balancing/stabilization and upping difficulty I wouldn't complain....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Please watch you language.
    Gay. Roflmao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont bother playing this game much, i havent played it in weeks now

i hope all this waiting is worth it for AO2
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny you mention not logging in. If they did an analysis on my login time, they would see that I'm at 15% of what I was at during swamps. And, I was going to mention that over half of my main's friends list has been missing since I've gotten back from vacation (and they're all level 40...). The irony is that Sayishere is on my friends list ;-)

I hope AO2 is a much greater effort at prolonging the playability of this game. I still see so much potential for this game, if only the devs would focus on difficulty and some type of end-game content us "carrot-monkeys."

And thanks Obliteration...my point exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm holding hopes that after AO2 and 1.3 they'll start adding depth to existing content, randomised/hardcore dungeons & extra loot, as well as taking a little time to focus on balance.

I know they're very busy, but I'm happy to wait as long as I know it's being addressed :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    I'm holding hopes that after AO2 and 1.3 they'll start adding depth to existing content, randomised/hardcore dungeons & extra loot, as well as taking a little time to focus on balance.

I know they're very busy, but I'm happy to wait as long as I know it's being addressed :-)
    I'd love ALL of what you mentioned BMC in place of pets. I hope they start focusing on those points.

Adding PETS to this game at this point is so superficial and superflous I have no idea why the idea is even being entertained. Same for player housing....

I admit that I'm more of a "form follows function" kind of guy though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, while pets will be a nice addition i'm sure, it's yet another time sink for the devs in a game, that I personally feel, has higher priorities.