Thread: The Engineer's Survival Guide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks! It's a great setup that hasn't let me down yet.

Sorry, let me rephrase what I meant by instant cast. We need an instant damage AOE that does all it's damage on the first hit (Like mages) because almost always the non Engineers (And even sometimes other Engineers) will kill the enemies before the DOTs do their full damage. Or grant any heals in the case of Transference and Leech.

Transference would be so much better if it was a point blank 12 radius AOE that applies it's DOT to all enemies in range. Or a 12 distance cone. Whatever is the same range as right now, but without needing a target. If the primary target dies, it also stops damaging the enemies around it. It's a targeted AOE DOT that ends if the primary target dies and basically makes the cooldown longer than it should be if you just wasted it. So although it is instant cast, it isn't instant in the sense that it is still a damage over time. But making it not be dependent on the draf/alive state of the primary target would definitely improve it.

Again, I realize that this would be counter to the theme, but I don't think adding one instant damage AOE to the skill list would hurt the theme that much. Make it like 6 second cooldown or so. This would help even out the class a bit with the other two.

Also am I the only one who thinks we should get a skill to summon a Turret to shoot a laser at the same target as it's owner that follows it's owner until killed/resummoned? Ranking would increase the damage and health of the pet. Maybe give it a shield at ranks 5 and 6 (Rank 6 should have about 1.5x more shield and 1.5 shield regen if they give it a shield) that regens shield over time. It should be healable with the heal skills but should not recover health on it's own, only it's shield. Let's show some of the technological ability the class has. Wishful thinking, though.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-19-2011 at 12:36 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange