Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leaderboards Reset?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze:354842
    Quote Originally Posted by ilbetyoubeg View Post
    If they gonna reset kills they also need to reset the kills because otherwise it would be unfair for the bèta players because they cant get in the k/d leaderboards.

So if they are gonna reset the kills they also need yo reset kills
    They are resetting both k/d and you get to keep all that gold sounds like a deal to me. I'd gladly take a 21 with two-three weeks worth of farming gear and gold to only lose my k/d
    So everything will be reset? If i log in after the release i will still be a lv 21 but with 0 kills and 0 deaths.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So everything will be reset? If i log in after the release i will still be a lv 21 but with 0 kills and 0 deaths.
    yes
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

yep yep yep!
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That looks cool! Well, maybe i will get in the leaderboards again because kill boosting cant anymore.
    But all my 22 k kills will be gone? life is quit hard worked a lot to get it ,in one second all gone.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    Thats a real nice way to act. You know people are tweeked out about it. Your pokeing at the fire with gas.
    I am not here to be a "nice guy." I am here to give my suggestions and thoughts to fixing a big problem that has existed in Pocket Legends. No one told the "leaders" on the leaderboards to go get 20k+ kills during the testing phase of a product cycle - this was primarily a fault due to their own obsession to get their name up there, again, during the beta period. Clearly they have had no prior experience in any beta phase games. Disable XP has been rectified, and now everyone, i.e. the majority of users who have not played beta, has an equal playing field in regards to getting to the leaderboards. Life is tough - video games are not.

If the leaders can get up that high even after the leaderboards are wiped - then more power and all respect to them. The devs have made a tough decision, to disappoint a few people now but ensuring that the leaderboards will not be corrupted (or as corrupt) on Star Legends. It is a long-term solution with short-term pains.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I am not here to be a "nice guy." I am here to give my suggestions and thoughts to fixing a big problem that has existed in Pocket Legends. No one told the "leaders" on the leaderboards to go get 20k+ kills during the testing phase of a product cycle - this was primarily a fault due to their own obsession to get their name up there, again, during the beta period. Clearly they have had no prior experience in any beta phase games. Disable XP has been rectified, and now everyone, i.e. the majority of users who have not played beta, has an equal playing field in regards to getting to the leaderboards. Life is tough - video games are not.

If the leaders can get up that high even after the leaderboards are wiped - then more power and all respect to them. The devs have made a tough decision, to disappoint a few people now but ensuring that the leaderboards will not be corrupted (or as corrupt) on Star Legends. It is a long-term solution with short-term pains.
    Let me make one thing clear. I have no issue with buying plat. Anyone who knows me knows I buys lots of it for myself and many others. Will continue to do so. Also, I have never been one to be on the leader boards and don't intend to be in the future, just to much work IMO. What does frustrate me tho is this notion that the release was a pure beta test. Let's get real, it was not, if it was they never should have allowed the purchases they did. If you really want things to be fair and not ruin things as you say thens lets really do things right and reset everything and be done with it.

Dopeydaddy

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post
    Let me make one thing clear. I have no issue with buying plat. Anyone who knows me knows I buys lots of it for myself and many others. Will continue to do so. Also, I have never been one to be on the leader boards and don't intend to be in the future, just to much work IMO. What does frustrate me tho is this notion that the release was a pure beta test. Let's get real, it was not, if it was they never should have allowed the purchases they did. If you really want things to be fair and not ruin things as you say thens lets really do things right and reset everything and be done with it.

Dopeydaddy
    There's nothing in the ToS regarding Platinum purchases and Beta testing. All I can repeat, through past experiences, is that beta testing will always have major edits/changes/complete overhauls completely up to the developer's discretion. If everyone who was a beta tester knew this, they wouldn't have spent enormous amounts of Platinum or time. If this was a full-release game and the leaderboards was wiped out, THEN I would be against that whole idea. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, beta phase testing is always open to the heaviest amounts of changes - it doesn't matter if you're able to purchase things or not, they are completely at the user's risks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quick, die now!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Quick, die now!
    bang bang! All those zombies are dead! Now we are safe, Arubafix.

Psst...Arubafix is my pet gun.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Now if someone STILL tries to get on the leaderboards now before the wipe, someone get them professional help.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I think most people did it because STS said there would be no reset. STS sold beta as one thing. Why would anyone play beta the way it should be played?
    Its not like this game is huge to test. It is very small at this time.

Then as a player looked at by so many. You know dam well what "Victory" can start.

Im glad there being reset. I hate people knowing what I farm or how I play with my time.
    You can read back on my posts about beggers. I hate them. These stupid boards make everyone a target at live.
    Last edited by Diodge; 07-20-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post

Dopeydaddy
    Wait hang on how do you buy people plat without logging in on their account? Isn't account sharing a tos issue?