Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
I agree that the game has never been balanced. There has always been 1 obvious best class each expansion, but I don’t see how that’s a good thing.

Warrior has been the worst class most of the time, and we had those 2 years of glory now, so going back to being absolutely useless is a lot of pain. I honestly expected STS to do a lot better with Warrior class this expansion. But it seems that the thing we all chase with our gears (which is fast damage dealing), is just too true and deeply rooted to ignore.

Solutions like simply buffing Warrior damage and nerfing Rogue damage are pretty damn basic, and in a way it shows that when they designed these new maps, Warriors’ role has NOT been thought about. It’s just a few mechanics that kill us instantly, a slightly different way how the nerfs affect Warrior and DPS, and that’s it.

Cinco also mentioned the “balance of party buff” that they’ve planned. That’s like if the party has all classes in it, they will get some buffs, which in a way would push people to invite all classes in their party. It does sound good at first, but that also means they have no intention of ‘fixing’ the class roles, but rather just make everything OK to use. But I’m sure there will be a lot of issues with that too. Like, does a 4x Warrior party get a big big buff, thus making it the best combination? Or do they get nothing because there is no Rogue and Mage in PT? If mixing is the only way, where do you find a Warrior to complete your party buff if most of them have quit? A solo Warrior is still going to suffer. Etc, etc. Then you wonder what’s the point of having 3 different classes in the game?

If STS is prepared to try and change things little by little every few weeks, and go through these threads of protest every time they release an expansion, why not go for the very big one straight away, like merge all classes into one? Suffer all the protests and the drama for a few weeks, but then it would be way easier ahead. They could just focus in making better/interesting content instead of trying to balance something that is impossible to balance?

In a way that would mean they have to admit class roles have never worked in this game, but it’s not like something we don’t know at this point. They’d also have it easier to make vanities and stuff, since it’s only 1 model instead of 3. Huhuhu.
EVG would have been the most balanced map if proc stacking was never a thing.

It's designed so that warriors tank the mobs and bosses, mage helps clear the mobs, and Rogs kill bosses.

I am sure if they re-release this type of map, everyone will be happy.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk