Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guild Etiquette...suggestions and ideas :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this would be simply stating these are all the things with which one can comply or be kicked out of said guild. Much like the TOS to which you are already adhering. But in a more relaxed form.
    Please I've read some of the 'rules' some of the other guilds have. No swearing...seriously? If you get censored on your own private forums for your guild or in your guild chat in game...it's time for a more mature guild, unless you like to talk about easy-bake ovens and rainbows. The most this will accomplish is a bunch of rules that are either completely common sense (be nice to everyone ok? seriously ok?) or rules that no one over the age of 15 will enforce. As you said, we're already adhering to the TOS from STS, but the day I allow a bunch of random internet people lying in their beds dictate my actions is the day I buy a rotary phone and join the WNBA.[/QUOTE]

Lol Im in 100% agreement with flow on this the clean language mark for my guild is not so tight, as long as its not ( F this F that blank blank blank your mom). if its funny and made to be funny then I dont stress it. As soon as it becomes a finger pointed at someone we have a problem. Everyone needs to be treated with respect.

On the same note two wrongs dont make a right if someone starts dumping on you, its not ok to return the hit snap it and post it for (devs) to take action. We are all here to have fun, and a ton of us are adults so we should act like it.

P.s. Rotary phone lol if you find one let me know. Ill give it to my daughter when she is old enough for her first phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thenill View Post

P.s. Rotary phone lol if you find one let me know. Ill give it to my daughter when she is old enough for her first phone.
    Apparently they are all the rage on ebay

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3603634...=sbar&_lwgsi=y
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Wow, you are getting worked up

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    If some other kid from another guild told me my etiquette was 'inappropriate of guild behavior' I'd probably tell them to stop being such a nerd. No one over a video game is going to tell me what I can and cant do. I respect the people I'm friends with enough where if they ask me to stop, I'll stop. I'm not a little boy, I know when what I'm doing is considered out of line or inappropriate. If someone judges my guild based on my behavior alone, they're not the brightest crayons in the box. No man or woman on a equal playing field as myself (note, devs aren't considered here; they can ban) is superior to me when it comes to my actions, and I will not be TOLD what I have to do.

Only rule I can think of is don't be a **** head. A lot of words will work there, take your pick. We're not 11 year old girly boys, we're fully capable of governing ourselves while still maintaining respect for the people who assembled our group together (Shadow, Zero, Zbooo, Nike, Apoc, etc etc)

Not 11 years old, don't see this being an issue. If you have kids scamming in your guild, you have exactly that; a bunch of little bratty kids.

And again, not 11 years old. Kid was stupid to get scammed, but I see no purpose in scamming because again, and I don't know if I've said this yet, but I'm not 11 years old. And no, I don't think I would get kicked out because thats a *singular* act. Guild has nothing to do with it. You people need to start seeing past the idea that one person speaks for the majority. Just because "Flow says So-and-so sucks, that means that all GoW thinks so-and-so sucks." No, that means I think he sucks, and he probably does.

Please I've read some of the 'rules' some of the other guilds have. No swearing...seriously? If you get censored on your own private forums for your guild or in your guild chat in game...it's time for a more mature guild, unless you like to talk about easy-bake ovens and rainbows. The most this will accomplish is a bunch of rules that are either completely common sense (be nice to everyone ok? seriously ok?) or rules that no one over the age of 15 will enforce. As you said, we're already adhering to the TOS from STS, but the day I allow a bunch of random internet people lying in their beds dictate my actions is the day I buy a rotary phone and join the WNBA.
    I never implied you were an 11 year old child but we also need to keep in mind there are young people playing STS games, if I'm in a group where I'm not familiar with everyone, I even have a problem using LM@O. The guild I'm in actually has an age requirement, but no way to prove a person's age except by their actions. I have no IDEA why you have gotten so worked up by a suggestion, might I add. And by the way there are very mature 11 year old children out there. I'm actually not going to respond any further to your posts as your remarks come off as inflammatory, not to mention sexist and condescending. Calling anyone stupid is unnecessary. If someone got scammed, they could have been trusting, not lacking in IQ points. Some dear friends, who are perfectly coherent and sensible people, have gotten scammed, they are not all "stupid 11 year olds." Have fun, I'm going to politely agree to disagree with you, good day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Yo break it up guys dont be flaming anymore if you dont have something nice to say then dont say it please

(Man i need to have the title 'Forum Referee' lol!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I hear they will be called The Taterheads? I like taters.
    Nope, Phys already agreed to call the guild Scallawags.

I'm j/k. Please don't hurt me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I shall say one thing only!

#Swag!

This message has been approved by GoW and other parties alike.
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Yo break it up guys dont be flaming anymore if you dont have something nice to say then dont say it please

No.....just..no. That negates the point of two sided arguments.

Also a forum 'referee' would be called a moderator.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Referee

Cas ill have a shirt made for you that says sts referee lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post

And honestly Cascade thanks for the attempt, but there has been only one person flaming this thread. And anyone who resorts to insults to prove a point is not worth my time! Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Lol that would be cool maybe a bird with a ref shirt on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

A guild alliance is what is needed. To show unity and respect other guilds.(and to prevent a guild war from arising)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I don't understand the concept of guild wars in a game where all pvp is voluntary and anyone can make an instance of any map. Unless you go to Vyxnaar's lair to annoy someone, I don't see how guild wars or any sort of wars can take place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Guild war

In this matter a guild war would be making a scene verbal jabs and rude remarks that could cause large problems for the game. Like stated befor, if it got out of hand and tons of people threw fits about the guilds and there disputes, and there lack of manors and out right rude behavior. It could end bad for the guilds. Because if all it does is cause trouble and strife sts may rethink the ability to have guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

you guys really need to know the difference between 'flaming' and 'disagreeing.'