Thread: Comprehensive: Why bears have the short-end of the character stick -- Long read.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I think that a charge skill might be too big of a rebalance. How about the following instead?: No matter how low your hit% as a bear and how high the target's dodge %, beckon never misses. Currently, I think that the biggest weakness melee has over ranged is that if beckon misses, the bear is in serious trouble, especially against birds who can basically root and finish the bear off pretty fast. In PvE, having a never miss beckon gives an incentive again to be pure strength.

I agree with the other suggestions. Taunt needs a bit of a rework to make it effective for bears to tank. Taunt should give a brief moment in PvE where everyone has to fire on the tank. (This would not be advisable in PvP because in group fights, unless bears become OP, they would die pretty fast from 3-4 people hitting the bear at once). Agree with the Hell Scream becoming the skill to loosen up roots and freezes.

Weapons in particular need a buff. The Gurgox Hammer should not be the most potent weapon by damage per hit - the 2h level 55 weapons need a buff to be worth wearing.

Edit:
    I think that fundamentally, the devs are trying to make bears into real tanks and not damage dealers, so perhaps the suggestions should be geared in that direction. Not too sure about evade being a damage reduction % though. It seems that evade and taunt would become just a variation of iron blood. Instead, perhaps a buff on iron blood would do?
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 08-03-2011 at 11:45 AM.