Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Red hardlight shield?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We're not singling out iOS users, we just have the ability to instantly update the Android client. This feature will be made available with the next client submission (1.7.3).

-ALS
    Just seems like a lot of shiny new things for droids...and a lot of waiting for iOS. The beta I can see the thought process. Discounted elixirs, premium chars and a vanity? These couldn't wait for the client update?
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We're not singling out iOS users, we just have the ability to instantly update the Android client. This feature will be made available with the next client submission (1.7.3).
    Client update 1.7.3? So while iOS users wait weeks (maybe months depending on the process) Android users will get daily deals like half priced elixirs and vanity shield items? Seems a bit unfair imo, let me count the ways:

• Premium starter characters (with 50 Additional Inventory Slots and 10 Additional Auction Slots FTW)
    • Armor item packs for level 1, level 5, level 10 and level 15 (the level 1 items cannot be purchased seperately)
    • Daily deals (offering ways to level up quicker with half prices elixirs and vanity shields to look cool while doing it)

To offset this iOS users get...

...to be continued.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Not the devs fault they can't control apples approval. And apple users got the founders helm and they got 4 user slots in the beginning they got PL earlier so no one should be complaining. Things can't release at the same time. And it's not like they got the full sl game on droid already.

EDIT: ...and the apple users get the things above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    Not the devs fault they can't control apples approval. And apple users got the founders helm and they got 4 user slots in the beginning they got PL earlier so no one should be complaining. Things can't release at the same time. And it's not like they got the full sl game on droid already.
    Ahh so using the founder helm argument. First not all iOS users got one. Second using your logic as an offset for the founder helm the droid gets all this stuff first I should expect a founder helm waiting for me in sl when it gets released right?
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi:373334
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoztface View Post
    Did I miss out on it? Is there a reason why my daily deal in an elixer and some people have this shield?

And I don't know if this has been asked, is it a vanity shield or just an regular shield?
    The day before I had this offer with this shield (vanity item), I had an offer with an elixier (3x), too.
    I'm not sure what they will offer tomorrow, but they know how to get my pocket money lol
    Ok thanks so hopefully ill get the shield after the elixers, if I read your post right.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Seriously, another Founders' helm reference, how many Founders' helms are there out there anyway... It's not comparable at all imo. I mean shouldn't both your arguements be offest by the fact that Android users got the droid costume, as well as get to test beta without any iOS users? That would be tit-for-tat:

Founders' helm (iOS exclusive) = Droid costume (Android exclusive)
    First to play PL (iOS exclusive) = First to play SL (Android exclusive)

Now the real issue is why are these deals being offered for Android first, they could easily be offered at the same time. Now I agree that the devs cannot control Apple's approval process, but why offer something to one and omit the other. Apple wouldn't reject something simply because daily deals were offered, seems like a small update to include daily deals could be added without incident.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-06-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Seriously, another Founders' helm rant, not comparable at all. I mean shouldn't both your arguements be offest by the fact that Android users got the droid costume, as well as get to test beta without any iOS users? That would be tit-for-tat imo. I mean how many Founders' helms are there out there anyway.

Now the real issue is why are these deals being offered for Android first, they could easily be offered at the same time.
    Exactly my point. Unless the daily deal is in a beta stage I guess...
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I suppose that all will be the same once the update comes, but STS sees $$$ to be made while Apple is still waiting to approve....

Maybe this is the "Plow deep while sluggards sleep" from Ben Franklin idea

I'm not saying this is fair, but it is what it is :/
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Well the shield is just for looks and no stats founders helm has 5 armor 5 damage
    P.S. Please close thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Well the shield is just for looks and no stats founders helm has 5 armor 5 damage
    P.S. Please close thread
    So you troll then ask for a closed thread? Please keep the founders helm flames in the correct threads not hard to find just use the search.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I barely missed it since my droid wasn't working and froze lol-.-

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Exactly my point. Unless the daily deal is in a beta stage I guess...
    Lol, you quoted my unedited version; before I organized my thoughts in my head. Oh well, the point remains the same. I cannot believe that all of these offers are in the beta stages. The iOS users are waiting for a major overhaul to get access to what Android users have had for weeks now. Players could let some things slide such as the Premium starter characters, and that was a tough pill to swallow since you see toons everywhere in their new gear. I imagine Android users have a slight edge in pvp based on the new gear, perhaps even more of an edge than any Founders' helm recipient (note: players get booted for wearing a Founders' helm in pvp). Now come to find out there isn't even a glass of water to wash that horse tranquilizer sized pill down with? Daily deals, was that necessary? Not a singular item alone, but something each and every 24 hours that only Android users get until a client update? I couldn't even imagine being on the other side of this and thinking I'm entitled, it's just too much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

whats up with all the hate i see here? :\
    lets all settle down for a while, if someone wants to buy the crimson holoshields, let them. its their money, they can do what ever they want with it.
    Maybe they have it available in the daily deal's because of time zone differences.
    Have patience, daily deal means a new deal each day, its bound to come back eventually. if not, there might be better items tomorrow, or the day after.
    cheers.

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltiar View Post
    whats up with all the hate i see here? :\
    lets all settle down for a while, if someone wants to buy the crimson holoshields, let them. its their money, they can do what ever they want with it.
    Maybe they have it available in the daily deal's because of time zone differences.
    Have patience, daily deal means a new deal each day, its bound to come back eventually. if not, there might be better items tomorrow, or the day after.
    cheers.
    The discussion is about the fact that the daily deal isn't available to a portion of the community ans the thought process behind that decision.
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

The discussion is about the fact that the daily deal isn't available to a portion of the community ans the thought process behind that decision.
    I'm not sure that is what this discussion was intitally about, so if one would only read the op and a few comments they may miss what this thead has (d)evolved into.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I am not trolling. Sorry if it seems like it to you but I didn't type anything bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I'm not sure that is what this discussion was intitally about, so if one would only read the op and a few comments they may miss what this thead has (d)evolved into.
    Rofl good point had founder helm fury and forgot about the op. @ swim you brought the founder helm argument up when it had nothing at all to do with what was being discussed not once but twice.
    Last edited by Kraze; 08-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I am not trolling. Sorry if it seems like it to you but I didn't type anything bad.
    Trolling: The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

It wasn't anything "bad" but bring up the Founders' helm in an attempt to incite/revisit a riot is indeed trollish. When it is followed immediately by a request to lock the thread, there are only so many conclusion one can draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    We iOS folks are second class citizens now
    I wish there were a thumb-up emoticon...
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

The iOS has a feature where u can wave ur phone and your character waves... Take that android