Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devs...why do you all keep flipping the bird at the casual players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good points on both sides, really. Can't wait to get home and try AO2....

For my 2 cents, low drop rates. Even though I LOVE having awesome stuff, I like even more playing these types of games, and going after the good gear is just one more reason to play....

I played WoW from Day One for a year solid, Shadowbane before that, simply had to quit I was so addicted. I was nowhere near my elite gear at that point, there was always something else out there I wanted to get. Ran some of the instances 2-3 times a night for several weeks trying to get the right drop, to never attain it.... (ahh, skin of The Beast, how i hate you to this day!)

And yet, my gear was good enough to get by just fine. If you can take a full party into Swamps with all greens and oranges, and maybe one or two pink or purples total ... this game is just fine.

As I said in another post -- when an elite, hardcore player deigns to join your party all tricked out in full pink gear, it should make a noticable difference.

"When everyone is special, then no one is." -Syndrome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    Seariously, WTF? Why is that the drop rates are so low? Are you guys finally turning your backs on the casual players, or is the constant nagging from the self proclaimed "hardcore players" really that bad? Do you really want to start the whole farming the boss trend to start all over again? Where the party just kills the boss, quits the game, and remakes, just to repeat the process? How can you guys claim to have developed this game for the casual and hardcore, while having players need to spend countless hours grinding for anything worth keeping? Every time a new client update is released and the drop rates have been nurffed, you are turning your backs on the casual gamers that much more...
    This post is below you Esus.

The drop rates for once are very good. And even if they have to tweak them a little bit, its much better that they start low on the first day rather than start too high and completely ruin the economy and deprive players of any reason to play.
    This game is ONLY for casual players. There is NOTHING for hardcore players to do after the first 2 days of a patch release. Hopefully keeping the drop rates where they are will allow us to get atleast a week out of the campaign.
    I don't mind complaining, but this is just wrong.
    Last edited by Azrael; 06-29-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Hopefully quests will keep hardcore players busy when they come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Hopefully quests will keep hardcore players busy when they come out.
    I'm sure the devs will make easy quests and hard quests.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Druc View Post
    Cascade, for someone that doesn't play, someone that isn't even going to BUY the campaign, and as much as you have a voice and allowed to share it; Leave this to those that know what they are talking about. Just because someone says something bad about the game doesn't make it a flame or hate, they are expressing their concern and sharing feedback on how they feel and hopefully the Devs will not only see what Esus has to say, but the people sharing the same view.

This isn't flaming or trash talk at all, it's actually completely true. I'm on Esus and team's side on this. this is a casual game, anything that only plays on a two hour battery charge (even when plugged in) is a casual game and really should be targeted towards the casual player. Pinks should not be un-attainable and reserved only for those that are able to devote their life to the game.

I myself play a solid 2 hours a day, have a couple 40's and some gold. I still don't consider myself a 'hardcore' player. I have a full-time job and although yes, it allows me to be on the boards for most of the day, I'm still not playing but being a part of the community.

When I'm off work, I want sit back, play a bit with friends/guildmates and level up/collect gear....who doesn't want to do that?! Who doesn't want to achieve something and collect the 'best' even when they casually play a game on their iPhone? This isn't WoW folks, it never will be, and if you want to be hardcore and complain that pinks should be out of the reach of casual players like the Epics in WoW I do see your point as that's the hardcore mentality. But we're not all <20 year olds here and have something other then the game, but we do want to use it as an escape every so often. I can see folk leaving for this reason as it's 'too hard' to play and gear up when the 'hardcore' players are running around them bragging and trying to sell them something for more gold then they've seen in their existence of playing...

Just my two bits...
    I love you, Druc...
    Along w Charlie & Claire

Thank you for speaking so eloquently and comprehensively.
    If the devs just read ur post, I'll be happy.

Justizar- thank you

King Richie- I agree.
    Last edited by Furrawn; 06-29-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im in the elite few group!
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yeah think about this.. if you're a casual player, you don't use pinks. pinks are for those who truly play a lot. I mean, if everyone in the world had a lamborghini, even hobos, what would be the point? some drive Mercedes (purps), some drive Lexus(orange), some drive the Honda (green), some drive Chevies(white) and some people don't work overtime so they get exactly what they worked for. I mean, if you're a casual player you can't really be whining about pinks, or you'd be a lazy hardcore pplayer. it's one side or the other. also, you have to realize the core of every developing teams fan base lies within the hardcore players. pl has casual and hardcore alike, and you get what you paid and played for.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bah, you are so full of it you know that?! Lanborghinis have like, a 50% drop rate, I have a full set of Lamborghinis of Thoth that have so much fuel regen the police cant even catch me, now I'm so bored with life I'm just gonna kill myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

although i have to say that i do like the smaller drop rates. i dont think that the game is as fun when everyone has everything.
    Staffed 46 Littlepvp 30 Staved 19. Laconic level 30
    stazed level 30