Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Launches First on Android

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Yes I stand by they could have used other means to beta test. Yes I suggest they hire a beta team, plenty of game developers do it and have had success with it but STS is above using a normal situation (what does that even mean?!) to test their product? No clue why you think team of game testers is a failed idea (almost every platform game out there uses the same senario). We can all agree that using Android to launch a beta wasn't the only option available to STS, but pehaps the cheapest/easiest despite the results it may produce.

O.o was that an attempt at an ign pun?! Quite an original guy you are *tips hat*
    I am not raging at you or anything like that. But some people posted after you when I posted, that's why I made the "PS" thngie
    Every game use internal beta teams deliver buggy games (Fallout 3-NV anyone?). Usually game company, especially big ones, hire huge amount if people to test a normal stress situation.
    When I say normal i refer to an everyday situation, take into consideration how many people play PL on the average, everyday - THAT is a normal testing set. Surely an hired internal team is insufficient to meet the standard of a test for this game, and I don't think STS have the bucks to hire a more consistent beta team. Using the android user base as beta tester is a free and efficient test base IMHO.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 08-11-2011 at 02:00 PM.