Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know it's only loot but...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People, are you serious? This is what makes a game, it being challenging. Havnt to work for the best gears should always be how it goes. Personally I think that killing th drop rates will make people appreciate all the good drops they get not just throw them away and ask to try and give away as lottery gifts, everyone having the same pinks is what kills the economy. Making it where it is really hard and time consuming is how they will stabilize the prices and make it where these so called "legendary" items are actually legendary, not just another item that eveyone gets or can farm for in less than an hr. We should be happy that it's so hard to get these. I also think it will help pull together the groups and guilds and allow people to work together not solo everything, mmos are about teamwork and playing in an online enviroment where ppl can play together, if I wanted another rpg where I soloed everything and didn't interact with ppl, one where I got all the good drops, I would just go google one. This is where teamwork is formed. And for the bosses being hard, good! It will bring together the people that for teamwork to bring them down, no just a few combos to nuke them dead. Do y'all understand what I'm saying?
    The Avengers - Guild Leader
    Silentreaper lvl 40 ~ Archer ~ BattleBird ~
    Undeadspirit lvl 40 ~ Chanter ~ BattleMage ~ 25 m/s
    Kungfubeast lvl 40 ~ Warrior ~ BattleTank ~ 21 h/s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any economy that requires 50-100k gold for one item is a bad economy, I agree that the only ppl that really complain about the drop rates being too high are the gold hungry traders. Seariously, last months drop rates and the ensuing cheap item prices was awesome. The game isn't so much fun when you have to spend countless hours grinding away for loot only to just get crap and more crap from every boss. This game has been built for the casual players and then it is now almost on the verge of failure due to the constant changes demanded by those players who clearly have nothing better to do than play the game all day every day.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentreaper View Post
    People, are you serious? This is what makes a game, it being challenging...<snip> ....Do y'all understand what I'm saying?
    I think that's good logic, if STS's goal is to have another one more MMO, but on new platforms. Then I think you're on the right track. Working with guild mates, teamwork, grind-work, farming-work, auction-work, that all works well toward that goal.
    If, however their goal is to attract the casual player for a month or two, and then see them move on after a fun, satisfying experience, then I'd say loosen up the rewards.
    I personally prefer the casual style, knowing full well I can go get addicted to another MMO with better graphics, gameplay, community, accessories, etc. anytime if I really want to spend hours/days/years building a community, farming, researching to the detriment of my other hobbies.

My vote's to keep it casual, keep it light, keep the rewards flowing.

Except, there is one key to the discussion completely missing.
    Which group is more profitable? Which group will better fund STS's hours of labor? In an ocean of applications that keep game publishers poor and anonymous, which style is better suited to reward STS for their efforts? I have no clue. After all it's only the loot drops we give them that count in the end.
    Malaclypse/Enchantress*Spudboy/Archer*Slackerbob/Paladin?
    Fnordian refugee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I think that's good logic, if STS's goal is to have another one more MMO, but on new platforms. Then I think you're on the right track. Working with guild mates, teamwork, grind-work, farming-work, auction-work, that all works well toward that goal.
    If, however their goal is to attract the casual player for a month or two, and then see them move on after a fun, satisfying experience, then I'd say loosen up the rewards.
    I personally prefer the casual style, knowing full well I can go get addicted to another MMO with better graphics, gameplay, community, accessories, etc. anytime if I really want to spend hours/days/years building a community, farming, researching to the detriment of my other hobbies.
    Hmmm! That's a pretty good point -- if you're really into this style of game, you're really not going to hang out in PL, you've already got WoW or something! That and no pinks in my first night of AO2 runs makes a compelling argument....

And I'll wanna spend all my money trickin out my HOUSE when I get one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    Any economy that requires 50-100k gold for one item is a bad economy, I agree that the only ppl that really complain about the drop rates being too high are the gold hungry traders. Seariously, last months drop rates and the ensuing cheap item prices was awesome. The game isn't so much fun when you have to spend countless hours grinding away for loot only to just get crap and more crap from every boss. This game has been built for the casual players and then it is now almost on the verge of failure due to the constant changes demanded by those players who clearly have nothing better to do than play the game all day every day.
    No.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.