Thread: Should Death have Consequences?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I understand what Stomp is saying. Deaths mean zilch to most people, so people have no self preservation instinct beyond just pot spam. Some people don't even do that. You know, there's more than that. You could just, I dunno, run to reset the mobs to try again.

And people say low/zero death players don't try. Some of us try MORE than people who just let their character die instead of attempting to survive to fight again or run and gun (Kiting).

Incentivise self preservation, I say. How about the more kills you get between deaths, the more bonus XP or money you can get? Dieing resets the bonus counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraze:385079
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Con's idea ain't bad, but I think it should be for all gear on both games. K/d isn't enough of a consequence for the majority of people who play. Oh wow, I died. Back to the fight to die 20 to 50 more times, but at least the boss is dead. That's how the majority play. This consequence means nothing to them.

The k/d count only bothers rankers or people who hate dieing, like me. I hope to rank in SL but would be perfectly satisfied with just a clean death count.
    Uh idk some people seen to have lost their minds about deaths (iOS player so forgive pl only reference) but today in a fight against queen in a party of 4 birds 1 bear one of the birds switched to an auto bow and would only auto attack because he didn't want to waste pots or risk a death...I've never wished I was the host more >8^(
    Do you remember what his death count was? Maybe be was just tired? I do that with my bird too, but only if a mob is close to expiring. Why waste mana on a near dead mob?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-17-2011 at 06:47 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange