Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game is going down the wrong path

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I ...try to stay away, but...

They're not done. It's a preview. We're testing ideas. We're gathering feedback.

There are 5, and they were done in stages like that to incorporate rounds of feedback (hence the names I, II, III, IV and links to next and previous threads in the chain).

This is patently false. Read thread 1 (here), I make NO suggestions and a lot of the suggestions FROM THE COMMUNITY were included.

I reviewed and weighed every single suggestion for implementation difficulty. Some achievements are just not feasible, yet I can't respond to every single achievement suggestion. Do you really want to fire the cannon 10000 times in Kraag, be logged in doing nothing for 24 hours straight, or do the cry emote 1000 times?

Wha-? Weren't all the APs added considered "pay-to-win"? Which is it? You're going to find the fastest way to do an achievement. A plus to your comment here would be that now I know to add achievements to craft/upgrade/awaken items by rarity.

Eggzavier is a yearly event. We felt a year is was long to wait for an egg event. We wanted to create an event that provided egg availability every 6 months. Based on survey feedback and imperical data, the event was a success. We'll see what the long term effects are to know if we'll keep the biyearly event or switch back to yearly.

What we currently do is release an event taking feedback and data from previous runs of the event into consideration, then gather more feedback and data in order to improve future events. We're small, scrappy, and can easily adapt to community feedback and requests.

This is already on the list of things to do (here).

Wait, didn't we get a comment in the same thread about "The new 81 arcanes are not looking well"?

-----

It's hard to decipher much of the feedback we do get to do anything useful with it. Also, since the community is insanely polarized, we accept the fact that we'll satisfy half of our audience and anger half of our audience.

The feedback trend I'm seeing is: if we don't implement your specific request, we're ignoring ALL community feedback. That's just plain disingenuous.

Lastly, I have no idea why I indulged this.

-ALS
    Actually devs listened a lot to our suggestion. I was satisfied with pisces dagger adjustment and now they're working on hyperos.

I'll be frank on what I felt about those 2 events:

1.The pet rescue event made me too addicted to the game that I played so many hours to craft the eggs. Then halfway through I realised all pet eggs prices seem to drop a lot. So I came to a conclusion sell all heroic eggs crafted within the event timeframe to make gold and also some scrolls(was 1m+ then dropped to 400k ), then on the last day, I craft all those eggs I sold again for cheap prices to use it for myself.

2.I found Labyrinth event to be very frustrating in the beginning because of low drops and the traps. Then when I bought scholar lix from auction, I started to loot mythic and arcane. I played more than 5hours a day with the lix and found the drops of myth and arcane was so random.
    Eg) I looted many mythic but no arc on some days. Sometimes so many arcs on a single day but no mythic. Some days totally nothing that I felt really bad for those playing 1-2 hours and not looting anything. Then I started to set my mind on farming gold from the event (while having the lix on ofc) and treated the mythic and arcane as a bonus. I had 400 gl and made 500-700k per hour on the event. If I don't loot anything on that hour, it's okay. The lix cost I spent on that hour is covered and I kept running till I looted a kershal and many good item. Overall I made a huge profit.

Conclusion:
    What I felt from those two events is that looting something red or blue(heroic) is very satisfying and made me addicted a lot to it. But in pet rescue event,at the halfway mark, I slowly started to feel that red is not addicting. Same happened for mythic in labyrinth.

I didn't mention anything about economy and stuff because I only focus on my benefit and joy(satisfaction) I find in the game. I don't care if prices of all items I'm using is cheap or reduced. What I want is a smooth gameplay to run a map and a good incentive (drops) to play that map with my friends.

Future can't be predicted accurately guys, things keep changing everyday. We don't know if these events are good or bad.I may be ignorant to many things but at present I'm satisfied with how the game is progressing.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tailwarrior For This Useful Post: